• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact AKM sama if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.

Important: A new rule about References

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Well, tabbers seems to work if you click on reference links within them, but not the reverse, so it is not a big problem.

By the way, in case anyone needed to know this, there's literally a book next to the link section that just lets you make citations automatically and it's the easiest thing in the motherfuckin marvel 3 editor. You can even make citations to earlier citations. Doing that manually is a nightmare, so this should make it easier for everyone.

You still need to do the actual citing part yourself obviously, tho.

Here's where it is on the editor.

CitationBookThing.jpg

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Okay. Thank you. It is best if everybody use the source editor though, and I do not know if the automated function works for references that are used several times in a single page.

I tested it out myself. It handles references used several times in a single page fairly cleanly (it gives them different dummy names, first one is named ":0").

While it does preserve issues and weirdness from other parts of the visual editor (trying to add links in references causes the same issues adding links anywhere in visual editor does), the references portion itself doesn't seem to cause formatting issues.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Okay. What I meant is that it is usually best to write in the source code properly oneself though.