• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Quest Speed Upgrades

FanofRPGs

VS Battles
Retired
So I have spent a while compiling feats for Dragon Quest, and have put it all on this document

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PYh4wAsQ_-sU6dLodoh2SZRtm-jIICJ37vWpzePFa0g/edit?usp=sharing

From this, I have upgrades

First, my calc which puts all Dragon Quest I-III characters at MHS? Scrap that, it seems that canons stuff shows Malroth was directly teleported over the castle, and did not cross any distance.

Now, for characters of DQIV-VI, here is what I have in plan

1.Dragon Quest VI characters will have subsonic/FTE speeds at the beginning of the game (Carver could move so fast when building a shed he could not be seen at moments). All elsewill have "Unknow" for their first speed key

2.Dragon Quest VI characters then are to be Massively Hypersonic by this calc I did

3. Finally, I have found that immeasurable speeds are needed for several characters. Here is why:

In Dragon Quest VI, the Great Sages had a move which "trandscends space and time" or at least "trandscends space" depending on the localization

883twp0.gif

And from the Japanese one

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B73j4cBXUYRNd2JMcUtJMzVTOGc/view

Isaac: I see. It is as my brother predicted. He and I have been able to meet again thanks to your efforts. You see, my brother and I were born with a mysterious power. A power to transcend space.

It was also able to brute force itself from the Dread Realm to the Real World, which exists on another plane of existence

Dread Realm

And this power scales to the heros, this is bluntly stated

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B73j4cBXUYRNd29la2ZxSUFYbW8/view

Isaac: You must go, Botsu! The Demon King's castle has fallen onto the ground! If you pass through here, I expect you shall find it before you. Unite your strength! You are all bound by deep connections. Ties of blood, of friendship, of love, of faith. These bonds are the source of all of our strength.

Which means the following will get that boost, as they would scale: Botsu, Carver, Milly, Ashlynn , Nevan, Amos, Terry, The Great Sages, Nokturnus, Blackmar, Dogma and Zozangel, and Dhura

Next, to scale for Dragon Quest IV and V to immeasurable, here is what I have found

Estark's attacks "trandscend dimensions", and he himself trandscends time

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B73j4cBXUYRNYm1KSmctSnBqdVU

µ¼íÕàâÒéÆÞÂàÒüêÒüªþá┤ÕúèÒü¿ÚùçÒéÆÒééÒüƒÒéëÒüÖÚé¬þÑ×

"A demon god who brings darkness and destruction transcending dimensions"

and

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B73j4cBXUYRNN1M0LU9wSlBQUWs

http://imgur.com/O6UiURS

ÒüÿÒüïÒéôÒü¿ÒüÿÒüÆÒéôÒü½ ÒüêÒüäÒüìÒéçÒüåÒüòÒéîÒüÜ ÒüØÒéôÒüûÒüäÒüÖÒéï ÒüÿÒéâÒüùÒéô

"An evil god existing without being affected by time and space"

Lastly, Nimzo should be faster than the Goddes, as this is said about him

Õñ®þ®║Òü«þÑ×ÒÇàÒéÆÞÂàÒüêÒüƒÕèøÒéƵîüÒüñþò░þ®║ÚûôÒü«ÞªçÞÇàÒÇé

"Champion of an other space having power beyond the gods of heaven"

And he constantly states to > the goddess

This would be immeasurable, and the following would scale from this:

Estark (Obviously), Madaso, Bianca, Deborah, Nera, Bishop Ladja, Grandmaster Nimzo, Aamon, Psaro the Manslayer, Solo/Sofia, Ragnar, Alena, Borya, Kiryl, Torneko, Meena, Maya, and Zenith Dragon.

Of them, Madason, Bianca, Deborah, Nera, Bishop Ladja, Solo/Sofia, Ragnar, Alena, Borya, Kiryl, Torneko, Meena, Maya, Aamon, and Psaro will have the speed rating Unknown | Likely Immeasurable (Scaling to Estark)

Grandmaster Nimzo, Estark, and Zenith Dragon will be straight up Immeasurable

This is what I have but, there might be more

This does not seem to be very reliable. For one thing, your calculations have to be accepted by either the OBD or our calc group (by posting them in blogs here), and for the second, I am not sure how to rate supposedly "transcending space" into speed.

1. Seems like a timelapse trope rather than an indication of sheer speed

2. The gif does show them dodging after the lightning comes down so I do think an upgrade there is fine, but you should post the calc on the Wiki first so it can be more easily evaluated

3. I think this would be okay since it does say he transcends time

Antvasima said:
This does not seem to be very reliable. For one thing, your calculations have to be accepted by either the OBD or our calc group (by posting them in blogs here), and for the second, I am not sure how to rate supposedly "transcending space" into speed.
I am doing that for VI because it has not way to directly scale with Estark, but they are hillariously more powerful in all aspects when in the same continuity, and them not being immeasurable would make no sense. Estark is unaffected by time and trandscends it, meaning the very concept of velocity would be immeasurable as he moves at rates beyond concepts of time.

Doesn't Estark's DQM lore more bluntly say he transcends space and time? I believe the Japanese description even says he isn't limited by space and time or something along those lines.

Darkanine said:
Doesn't Estark's DQM lore more bluntly say he transcends space and time? I believe the Japanese description even says he isn't limited by space and time or something along those lines.
DQM states he exists beyond the boundaries of space and time,is unaffected by its flow and effects, and has power which "trandscends dimensions"

Okay. After checking a second time, that does seem like immeasurable speed, yes.

Transcending time and space usually simply means a Low 2-C rather than 1-A rating though.

Not sure where 1-A comes from. I believe "Transcending Dimensions" means Transcending universes, which typically refers to their space time (which would be consistent in this case), not transcending a dimensional hierarchy.

Yes, I assumed the trandscending dimensions part as space-time.

vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:FanofRPGs/Dragon_Quest_VI:_Terry_Dodged_Lighting

I did the calc, but due to the pictures I used for it originally being on a computer at school last year, I could not bring over the pictures

I am trying to find a way to get entries of all monsters in all the Dragon Quest Monsters games, Heroes, and Dragon Quest X, it would help greatly.

Bump

So, after looking through all the spinoffs, there is nothing which would hurt, but merely bolster the possibility of immeasurable speeds, what do you think?

Transcending time and space should be a viable immeasurable feat.

Can't really comment on the lightning speed given my lack of expertise in that area.

Well, I agree about that, but wonder what he meant by "bolster the possibility".

Antvasima said:
Well, I agree about that, but wonder what he meant by "bolster the possibility".
Sorry, I meant as in I was kind of paranoid that other sources might disregard the possibility of a immeasurable speed, but as I found most feats do in fact come from there, such as Estark disregarding the flow of time, monsters such as the Bilhaw (Which is a bonus common enemy in Estark's dungeon who is implied to be as strong as Nimzo) trandscending space and time and able to travel through such vortex, Nokturnus being called from beyond time and space etc.

Back