• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@Red Well, it's more like this: Souls are normally eternal, but once they are given a body, they start aging too. They still last far longer than the body, but age still.

i mean they age to death with nihil idk on the issue

However if it doesn't work he will BFR her with those layers and well...she will try to break out though she can only break one at a time plus the issue of it backfiring and attacking herself is there

Now that I think about it, didn't Holmes say at some point in GO that Spiritrons are basically the fundamental thing that composes the soul (kind of how atoms compose the body.)?

In that case, talk about spiritron particles sounds like the verse's more fancy way of talking about the soul on a fundamental lvl, though I may be remembering wrong.

I didn't hear much of the term, myself.

Verse Equalization is a thing that is very much applicable in this case. This is the same reason why we don't accept the "Only Stands can harm Stands" notion for VsMatches.

We assume that the fight is occuring in a realm where the cosmologies are mutually crossed.

We don't even need to cross them.

Nasuverse souls age and decay over time (in bodies at least) just like Masada souls do.

Spiritron Particles on the other hand do not.

Meth's time ability would work on normal Nasu souls, but it won't work on spiritron particles.

@monarch they kept machina from fight meth properly he couldn't do anything in the fight so...

just stating that he physical barrier is a layer of night and really machina even with his OPM shit can't really take out more than one barrier at a time meh idek my stance here

Anyways, found the Holmes quote. He seems to refer to Spiritrons as quantifiable soul energy, and the tri-hermes of the Atlas Academy who uses that is called a Pseudo-Spiritronic processor. Don't think this answer anythings on the age or doesn't thing, but the more you know.

"Making use of the soul as quantifiable energy, they were able to coin Homunculi -- organisms possessed of Thaumaturgical Circuits."

(...)

Mash: So this is the core of Atlas… There's a sky in this underground chamber, Master! Bedivere: A space large enough to contain a town… To think someone could build such a massive cavern underground…
This indeed seems to be an academy. It contains all the things people need to live.
I'm sure the students find it wholesome as well, even if that sky is man-made.

Holmes: Furthermore, those obelisks in the center are the Atlas Academy's greatest storage media, the pseudo-spiritronic processor Trihermes.

Guess this is all I can provide for this thread. I'll be unfollowing rn and maybe I'll be back later, if I happen to find anything worthwhile.

Out!

Also, I found this on Beast's Lair:

High grade AIs are those manufactured for the sake of efficiently promoting the main purpose of the Mooncell, "human observation". A perfect reproduction of a human in which even a soul was programed, but the soul merely "exists" and its contents remain colorless.

This seems to be implying that souls aren't really that important for AIs like BB anyway.

I was actually aware of that quote. Never mentioned it because being honest, having a soul that exists "but its contents remain colorless" sounds vague/flowery. Seriously, that could mean quite literally anything.

"Like, it was programmed but it merely exists, it's there, but its contents are colorless."

"Uuuuh. What does colorless contents even mean?"

In regards to the impact of it here... Having a soul should still allow for Soul Manip in the general sense of it, though even if that is the case, the whole spiritron point seems to be at least in a deadlock. Atm I'm just here for the lore waiting to see what you all get out of this. Probs be best to see what the Meth side has to say on their end, otherwise seems like the unaging point stands even without this stuff from what I gather of the thread.

@Fate

Yeah, if her soul is eternal than you're right, Meth time hax won't work, that i agree with you completely. It's just our debate went "from wether or not Meth time hax should work" to "Meth time hax shouldn't work cause different Weltanschauung of verses"

Here's what Ramesses says on the topic of eternal souls.

The spiritron stuff is confusing for me so what I say might not be fully accurate. But based on what I know Souls are only decaying because they are in a body. When materialized they won't decay. Which applies to Cyber Bodies in Extra as you materialize the Soul into the Cyberworld.

Souls without bodies won't decay, as we know from Fate's... Fate stuff above. So Cyber beings, who don't actually have bodies, their souls won't decay.

Back