• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I’m Evil Like Sasuke (NNT Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continuing on from my previous thread.

Theme song of thread.

Like I said in my previous thread, I've gone through all the individual profiles of NNT to see if I disagree with anything, and to no one’s surprise I did.

All Sins:​

Density Manipulation -

Even ignoring the fact Death Zero isn’t actually Density Manipulation but rather Gravity Manipulation, and since nothing proves they resisted the pressure through some sort of esoteric means, it wouldn’t be accepted as a resistance but rather lifting strength.

Nothing about this feat shows anything that would grant a resistance, it just shows the sins physically resisting the pressure generated by the attack through pure lifting strength alone. Which wouldn’t be a resistance but rather LS.

So yeah this definitely needs to be removed.

Meliodas:​

Regeneration Negation -

Izraf’s regeneration got removed and Melascula’s regeneration got downgraded to Mid, so this resistance should be downgraded from High-Mid to Mid.

Resistance Negation -

Nothing in the scan provided shows Resistance Negation inherently, it just shows Zeldris and Meliodas “killing” the Supreme Deity with Tyrant Killing. Something which doesn’t require Resistance Negation to make sense, it could just be Tyrant Killing having a higher level of potency compared to other Darkness-based attacks which Supreme Deity resisted but wasn't able to resist this one. And since we’re never given any in-depth context about the functionality of the ability I believe my claim would require less assumptions to assert compared to the current rating we have on the profiles.

It should be removed, or at best turned into a “possibly” rating given the lack of concrete evidence for the ability and the higher levels of assumptions you need to assume are true compared to my claim.

Escanor:​

Regeneration Negation -

High-Mid needs to be removed since Izraf’s regeneration got removed.

Radiation Manipulation -

The reasoning behind why we give Escanor Radiation Manipulation is a complete appeal to reality, just because in reality when heat reaches a certain level it gives off forms of radiation doesn’t mean we assume Escanor’s heat would also give off radiation without statements or implications. I tried using this exact same logic in one of my previous threads and was told directly by multiple mods that if we aren’t given a statement or implication about the heat generating radiation we can’t assume it does, regardless of the level of heat.

Also Sunshine having a “sun” motif isn’t enough evidence either to prove it would have radiation like our sun/stars in general produce, that’s another appeal to reality and isn’t something that’s accepted as shown in my previous thread.

Darkness Manipulation and Existence Erasure -

Izraf is getting his Existence Erasure removed, so this resistance would go with it. Also resisting physical attacks which are constructed of darkness doesn’t grant you resistances to Darkness Manipulation, similar how resisting the physical force generated by wood or plants doesn’t give you resistance to Plant Manipulation. That also needs to be removed as well.

Air Manipulation -

Same reason why you don’t gain resistance to Plant Manipulation just because you resist the kinetic force generated by wood or plants, Escanor overpowering Ominous Nebula isn’t a feat of him resisting Air Manipulation, it’s a physical strength feat of him overpowering the ability with pure physicality alone.

So that absolutely needs to be removed.

Zeldris:​

Resistance Negation -

Same reasoning as explained in the “Meliodas” section of this post.

Estarossa/Mael:​

Elemental Intangibility Negation -

This should be turned into limited since Darkness, just like the Arks of Goddesses. is the direct counter to the holy nature of angels, meaning it’s a safer claim to assume that this is only applicable against holy beings, and not something that would work against anyone with elemental intangibility.

Also given the fact Tarmiel is consistently shown to not be able to phase through darkness attacks provides even more credence to my interpretation.

Radiation Manipulation -

Read the “Escanor” section of the OP for more context.

Regeneration Negation -

Death Manipulation and Pain Manipulation -

Both should be turned into limited since both induce different effects depending on if the affected target is a demon or not, with Death Manipulation procing if the target is a demon and Pain Manipulation procing if the target isn’t a demon.

Melascula:​

Regeneration Negation -

This is just blatantly not Regeneration Negation, the scan we currently use to support this rating is not only most likely a lower quality translation but also leaves out needed context. Melascula specifically says her stomach acid (which is the thing she affected Ban with, specifically its vapors) doesn’t actually negate Ban’s regeneration but rather puts him in a perpetual state of regeneration.

Given this very direct contradiction it should be removed entirely from her page.

Izraf:​

Existence Erasure -

Nothing within the scans provided actually proves Existence Erasure at all, and honestly seems to actively contradict that interpretation as well.

Be utterly consumed by the darkness without a trace.” isn’t a statement about Existence Erasure inherently, just because the statement ends with “without a trace” doesn’t mean we’d assume it’s Existence Erasure without further context since other abilities would also do this exact same thing visually like Absorption or Deconstruction and would require a smaller amount of assumptions to claim. And since we’re shown how this supposed “Existence Erasure” actually interacts with objects I'm more inclined to believe this is more so Absorption or Deconstruction.

Existence Erasure should be removed and replaced with either Absorption or Deconstruction, i’m personally leaning towards Absorption because of the whole “be utterly consumed” portion of the sentence but i’ll ultimately leave this one up for thread participators to choose on.

Agree - Zezu1995, Lugh_Tuathe_Dé, Arc7Kuroi (agrees with possibly rating), Planck69 (agrees with possibly rating), LIFE_OF_KING, DemonGodMitchAubin, LordGinSama, Damage3245, Makai64100 (agrees with some), Tatsumi504 (agrees with some), ByAsura (agrees with some), InfiniteDay, Greatsage13th

Disagree - Zezu1995 (Elemental Intangibility Negation), Makai64100 (disagrees with some), Tatsumi504 (disagrees with some), ByAsura (disagrees with some)

Neutral - ByAsura (neutral with most), Tatsumi504 (Elemental Intangibility Negation)

Last edited:
i only disagree with tarmiel intangibility stuff, the issue is its PHYSICAL .. like blast abilities can bypass his intangibility but raw physically attacks cant . Also theres really no proof it only works on goddess we just assuming. One more thing in the series its always been ark > demons but never darkness > angels . Which i always found odd

This is absolutely unacceptable. Time and time again, you've been warned about this, Deceived, and time and time again, you have ignored these warnings. It is clear to me now that you are the absolute embodiment of Evil, a Demon among Demons.

We must ban Deceived before he downgrades NNT any further. These horrid, violent transgressions against this poor, helpless verse cannot continue going ignored.

After going through the post, I agree. Tyrant Killing can get a "Possibly" modifier.

I agree

But talking about Meliodas P&A, is his deconstruction right? The only justification shown is Zeldris and Meliodas destroying the Supreme Deity

But talking about Meliodas P&A, is his deconstruction right? The only justification shown is Zeldris and Meliodas destroying the Supreme Deity
Ehhh, to me it looks like deconstruction so i don't really have any contentions with it being on both profiles.

But if someone can make a convincing argument against it then i could definitely have my mind changed.

Density Manipulation -

Even ignoring the fact Death Zero isn’t actually Density Manipulation but rather Gravity Manipulation, and since nothing proves they resisted the pressure through some sort of esoteric means, it wouldn’t be accepted as a resistance but rather lifting strength.

Nothing about this feat shows anything that would grant a resistance, it just shows the sins physically resisting the pressure generated by the attack through pure lifting strength alone. Which wouldn’t be a resistance but rather LS.

Agreed, this is simply Gravity Manipulation

Regeneration Negation -

Izraf’s regeneration got removed and Melascula’s regeneration got downgraded to Mid, so this resistance should be downgraded from High-Mid to Mid.
Agreed
Resistance Negation -

Nothing in the scan provided shows Resistance Negation inherently, it just shows Zeldris and Meliodas “killing” the Supreme Deity with Tyrant Killing. Something which doesn’t require Resistance Negation to make sense, it could just be Tyrant Killing having a higher level of potency compared to other Darkness-based attacks which Supreme Deity resisted but wasn't able to resist this one. And since we’re never given any in-depth context about the functionality of the ability I believe my claim would require less assumptions to assert compared to the current rating we have on the profiles.

It should be removed, or at best turned into a “possibly” rating given the lack of concrete evidence for the ability and the higher levels of assumptions you need to assume are true compared to my claim.
Agreed for the same reason we don't give Natsu Resistance Negation to those who resist Fire

Regeneration Negation -

Agreed
Radiation Manipulation -

The reasoning behind why we give Escanor Radiation Manipulation is a complete appeal to reality, just because in reality when heat reaches a certain level it gives off forms of radiation doesn’t mean we assume Escanor’s heat would also give off radiation without statements or implications. I tried using this exact same logic in one of my previous threads and was told directly by multiple mods that if we aren’t given a statement or implication about the heat generating radiation we can’t assume it does, regardless of the level of heat.

Also Sunshine having a “sun” motif isn’t enough evidence either to prove it would have radiation like our sun/stars in general produce, that’s another appeal to reality and isn’t something that’s accepted as shown in my previous thread.
Agreed

Izraf is getting his Existence Erasure removed, so this resistance would go with it. Also resisting physical attacks which are constructed of darkness doesn’t grant you resistances to Darkness Manipulation, similar how resisting the physical force generated by wood or plants doesn’t give you resistance to Plant Manipulation. That also needs to be removed as well.
Agreed
Air Manipulation -

Same reason why you don’t gain resistance to Plant Manipulation just because you resist the kinetic force generated by wood or plants, Escanor overpowering Ominous Nebula isn’t a feat of him resisting Air Manipulation, it’s a physical strength feat of him overpowering the ability with pure physicality alone.

Agreed, surprised all these scuffed resistances were applied

Resistance Negation -

Yep

This should be turned into limited since Darkness, just like the Arks of Goddesses. is the direct counter to the holy nature of angels, meaning it’s a safer claim to assume that this is only applicable against holy beings, and not something that would work against anyone with elemental intangibility.

Also given the fact Tarmiel is consistently shown to not be able to phase through darkness attacks provides even more credence to my interpretation.
Yep
Radiation Manipulation -

Yep
Regeneration Negation -

Yep

Both should be turned into limited since both induce different effects depending on if the affected target is a demon or not, with Death Manipulation procing if the target is a demon and Pain Manipulation procing if the target isn’t a demon.
Yep

Regeneration Negation -

This is just blatantly not Regeneration Negation, the scan we currently use to support this rating is not only most likely a lower quality translation but also leaves out needed context. Melascula specifically says her stomach acid (which is the thing she affected Ban with, specifically its vapors) doesn’t actually negate Ban’s regeneration but rather puts him in a perpetual state of regeneration.

Given this very direct contradiction it should be removed entirely from her page.
Yep

Existence Erasure -

Nothing within the scans provided actually proves Existence Erasure at all, and honestly seems to actively contradict that interpretation as well.

Be utterly consumed by the darkness without a trace.” isn’t a statement about Existence Erasure inherently, just because the statement ends with “without a trace” doesn’t mean we’d assume it’s Existence Erasure without further context since other abilities would also do this exact same thing visually like Absorption or Deconstruction and would require a smaller amount of assumptions to claim. And since we’re shown how this supposed “Existence Erasure” actually interacts with objects I'm more inclined to believe this is more so Absorption or Deconstruction.
Yep, simple hyperbole does not equate to EE

Density Manipulation -

It Is density Manip He manipulated Darkness something with 0 mass to make it so dense it would crush them

Regeneration Negation -

Agreed

Resistance Negation -

Her body Is light Therefore she resists darkness inherently assuming it is making less assumptions than just talking about potency

Regeneration Negation -

Agreed

Radiation Manipulation -

It creates intense light aka electromagnetic radiations

Idek why it was on profile i think we refused it already

Air Manipulation -

Agree

Resistance Negation -

Same reasoning

They can capture intangible things Using darkness and solidify it to avoid any attemps to liquefy etc… why would it only work on angels ?
Radiation Manipulation -

Regeneration Negation -

Same things then

Agreed

Regeneration Negation -

Agreed

Existence Erasure -

Existence Erasure should be removed and replaced with either Absorption or Deconstruction, i’m personally leaning towards Absorption because of the whole “be utterly consumed” portion of the sentence but i’ll ultimately leave this one up for thread participators to choose on.

Deconstruction seems fine

Agree
Don't know about resistance negation, honestly, nothing in the scan implies it
Kinda disagree with removing radiation manipulation. It's an appeal to reality but given how sunshine is basically portrayed consistently like the sun, it should be fine.
Honestly not sure about the EE. I don't know how you arrived at deconstruction as a possibility as it's Blantatly between EE and Absorption and the "be consumed" part can still be just a form of expression.
Agree with the rest, honestly don't know what would count as resistance to any of those abilities.

Radiation Manipulation -

Regeneration Negation -

Not really sure so neutral on intangibility negation since from what i remember in the series, it has always been ark> darkness, never the other way around or both being relative.
Death and pain manipulation depending on the species is already separated from what i can see
It's not much of a contradiction as it's actually stopping him from regenerating, it's just that ban can still regenerate regardless because of his immortality which would either mean that ban's regeneration is above the level it can negate or that her stomach acid just slows it down which would warrant a "limited" rating.

It Is density Manip He manipulated Darkness something with 0 mass to make it so dense it would crush them
You know density has to do with mass right? He'll have to be affecting them directly for it to be density manipulation. Using darkness to crush them os just gravity manipulation and them resisting here is just LS
In what way does this spell "deconstruction" to you?

You know density has to do with mass right? He'll have to be affecting them directly for it to be density manipulation. Using darkness to crush them os just gravity manipulation and them resisting here is just LS
In what way does this spell "deconstruction" to you?
Yeah hence why him increasing the mass of a massless substance to crush them being density manip.

Deconstruction Is the ability to reduce something to Smaller parts « be utterly consumed Blablabla » Is actually treated
As Not erasing the body completely so We assume it leaves particles of some kind to avoid giving Izraf EE

Therefore it could be decon

Tho i might change to absorption since « consume » Is used

Neutral, but Tarmiel was getting hit by even physical attacks in those fights, so I wouldn't say it lends any real credence to your claims.

As for the rest, it's ok, but simply exerting pressure isn't Gravity Manipulation, as we've discussed with staff in a bunch of previous threads. It should just be removed.

I didn't even know about the Melascula stuff, it's stupid af.

I propose density Manip for High Ranking demons btw since powerful demons can change the mass of their darkness

NPI for all demons too since They can interact with intangible beings with their darkness

Neutral, but Tarmiel was getting hit by even physical attacks in those fights, so I wouldn't say it lends any real credence to your claims.

As for the rest, it's ok, but simply exerting pressure isn't Gravity Manipulation, as we've discussed with staff in a bunch of previous threads. It should just be removed.
changing the density of darkness to make it heavier Is density Manip .

it didn't make them heavier, though. it would've made them 'non-existent'.

also, nukes use explosives to increase the density of nuclear material by compacting it. should that be density manipulation?

it didn't make them heavier, though.

also, nukes use explosives to increase the density of nuclear material by compacting it. should that be density manipulation?
I’m talking about Darkness Which Is What Is used to crush them

DK changed the mass of his darkness to crush them.

Irrelevant

That's not stated. We don't know how he did so.

Anyway, the logic behind mass-changing darkness itself (via Meliodas in 4KoA) seems fine, I guess. But I'm not sure since it implies darkness never had mass to begin with.

That's not stated. We don't know how he did so.

Anyway, the logic behind mass-changing darkness itself (via Meliodas in 4KoA) seems fine, I guess. But I'm not sure since it implies darkness never had mass to begin with.
Darkness never had mass.
Corand Arc:
Melasculla traps Meli into the cage of darkness
Ban tries to help him but it phase through the ground.

Can interact with liquid and keep it solid

4kota:
2 or 3 chapters ago it’s implied that darkness Is massless but can have mass if it’s powerful enough

My proposition is

Density Manip for High ranking demons

That's what I mean. Is it really density manipulation if they're giving something mass in the first place rather than just altering it?

Last edited:
That's what I mean. Is it really density manipulation if they're giving something mass in the first place rather than just altering it?
Density Manipulation is the ability to control the density of objects and beings, possibly including one's self. This power can be used to make objects denser, heavier, and more durable, or to lower their density to become lighter and more agile, or even to make them disperse and lose their solidity.

Making their darkness heavier then returning back to a massless substance Is clear density Manip They decide when to solidify it and when to make it lighter

Why exactly are we saying giving shadows mass is density manipulation when they literally don't have mass because they're just areas light is being blocked, i.e., they're not anything at all. This seems more like gravity manip with darkness, rather than density manip.

I agree with everything in this CRT.

Did I miss the scan saying the darkness got heavier?
It’s Not stated

But darkness originally have no mass

Death Zero was heavy enough to crush them.

I generally have problems with something esoteric being said to have mass but ok.

If it's not enough for EE then absorption is probably the next best thing
It doesn’t have mass originally but they can manipulate it and make it have mass

I agree Absorption could be alright

Why exactly are we saying giving shadows mass is density manipulation when they literally don't have mass because they're just areas light is being blocked, i.e., they're not anything at all. This seems more like gravity manip with darkness, rather than density manip.

I agree with everything in this CRT.
it’s density Manip as i said multiple times.

We should give Density Manip to demons physiology for the Manipulation of the mass of their darkness

And Gravity Manip for DK with death zero if y’all really want it since He applies pressure on them.

Ok it seems like Trillion Dark by the “dark enough to have mass” does imply that it went from massless to mass, so if that’s falls under density manip then I agree it should have it.

Ok it seems like Trillion Dark by the “dark enough to have mass” does imply that it went from massless to mass, so if that’s falls under density manip then I agree it should have it.
Trillion dark Is darkness bubbles therefore darkness as a whole should have it.

Thank you

Her body Is light Therefore she resists darkness inherently assuming it is making less assumptions than just talking about potency
Nothing you just stated actually provides evidence on why we should assume Resistance Negation over higher potency, i never contested the notion of her physiology or resistance to Darkness-based attacks so i have no idea why you brought that up. Unless for some reason you believe her being constructed of light somehow proves it was Resistance Negation? it doesn't if that's what you're saying.

It creates intense light aka electromagnetic radiations
That's an appeal to reality, we don't give Light Manipulation users Radiation Manipulation just because they can create intense light, if you don't have a statement about radiation being produce we can't assume it does.

They can capture intangible things Using darkness and solidify it to avoid any attemps to liquefy etc… why would it only work on angels ?
I already explained my reasoning in the OP?

Alright, i'll write you down as accepting Decon.

Kinda disagree with removing radiation manipulation. It's an appeal to reality but given how sunshine is basically portrayed consistently like the sun, it should be fine
🗿

You just conceded that your entire point was fallacious.... If it's an appeal to reality then we can't assume Sunshine would produce radiation just because high levels of heat irl produces radiation, and i already addressed the "sun" stuff in my OP. Just because Sunshine has a "sun" motif going on with it doesn't mean it produces radiation like our sun does.

Honestly not sure about the EE. I don't know how you arrived at deconstruction as a possibility as it's Blantatly between EE and Absorption and the "be consumed" part can still be just a form of expression.
Because Deconstruction can have the same visual effect as Existence Erasure? it isn't hard to understand, and given the fact that after the rat interacted with the ball of darkness it looked like it got deconstructed. It's a fine assumption to make. It also isn't "blatantly" between EE and Absorption, it absolutely could've been decon, we just don't know for sure.

I know? which is why i offered multiple interpretations to the feat which would still fit in line with the entire context of the sentence.

It's not much of a contradiction as it's actually stopping him from regenerating, it's just that ban can still regenerate regardless because of his immortality which would either mean that ban's regeneration is above the level it can negate or that her stomach acid just slows it down which would warrant a "limited" rating.
🗿

We don't give people regeneration negation just because someone can put another person in a perpetual state of regeneration via another ability, it's tantamount to giving someone regeneration negation just because they can erase things from existence. If Melascula doesn't fully negate or slow down the regeneration of someone then it can't be considered as regeneration negation.

Simple as.

Different context, Tarmiel was actively allowing himself to be interacted with my Derieri's punches because he wanted to show how much stronger he was compared to the 10 Commandments present like Derieri, he wouldn't be in this mindset after he starts taking both Derieri and Monspeet seriously or when he was actively trying to save Mael from being corrupted by the Commandments he absorbed.

Even if you discount the feats from Memories of the Holy War arc, my point still stands with the Mael portion of the argument.

It's not a different context.

Firstly, he wasn't at first (if he ever was letting her get hits at all). Secondly, if you look at every single exchange between Tarmiel and an enemy, he's only used elemental intangibility twice, and both of those were against Estarossa.

Even in situations where he definitely could have escaped, he doesn't use it.

You have a point, but I don't really see any actual evidence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back