• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

NNT Physiology Revision (Punching Air Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continuing from my previous thread

Counting on with CRT spree with NNT, this thread is explicitly focusing on the physiology-based abilities which i either personally disagree with, wanted to revise or need further clarification on given the relative low-quality of the pages i'm dealing with.

With that, lets get this thread started.

Demon Physiology.

Abilities:​

Resistance Negation -

Neither scan present on the page actually proves Resistance Negation at all, the fairy king's forest being immune to normal flames =/= Hellblaze needing to have Resistance Negation to actually burn down the forest since

1. Purgatory Fire aren't “natural flames” at all, they’re explicitly unnatural flames which demons can use and create. So that statement wouldn't be applicable to them.

2. Purgatory Fire have heats which are vastly above any natural flame in existence, with it being able to burn and damage people who resisted the heat of lightning bolts while in mid-air like Gilthunder.

This is also applicable to the Izraf statement since he isn’t saying or implying that only Purgatory Fire can wound him because of it specifically negating his resistance in the way which would grant Resistance Negation, it’s more so he’s saying that Purgatory Fire has higher temperatures comparative to normal flames, with normal flames being unable to “wound” him but Purgatory Fire being able to “wound” him because of massively increased heat/potency.

Given this context about both feats, this should be removed from the page entirely since the feats used aren’t actual feats of Resistance Negation.

Self-Sustenance (Type 2) -

Doesn’t have a scan or a satisfactory explanation about the ability, if supporters can’t grab the scans needed for this ability or explain in-depth why it should remain on the page. It should be removed.

Scans have been provided.

Resistances:​

Ice Manipulation -

Same reasoning as above, though while it does have a better explanation compared to the Self-Sustenance, it still doesn’t have any scans which concretely proves the resistance. If supporters can’t grab scans of these feats then the resistance should be removed from the page.

Gravity Manipulation -

We explicitly don’t give people resistance to Gravity Manipulation unless we’re given extra context which proves the character isn’t resisting the ability through sheer lifting strength alone. Hendrickson doesn’t have a statement like this, which means unless supporters can grab scans which proves Hendrickson didn’t resist the gravity via sheer strength alone it should be removed from the page.

Existence Erasure -

Ark's shouldn't have EE as explained below, so demon's resistance towards it should also be removed.

Goddesses Physiology.

Inorganic Physiology (Type 1) -

This should be changed into limited since it only happens while goddesses materialize into the physical world, and only last a couple seconds at most.

Deconstruction -

This should be changed into limited since it’s heavily implied by Monspeet the reason behind why Ark’s actually deconstruct demons is because it’s “a power that specifically counteracts our darkness”, which is something only demonic entities have in the series as stated also by Monspeet. So unless supporters can provide evidence of Ark’s deconstructing things which aren’t demonic in nature this should be specified to work only on demonic entities.

Power Nullification -

Same reasoning behind Deconstruction, if shown to only work against powers which are from demonic entities it should be specified to only work on demons.

Existence Erasure -

The scan which is used to argue this ability doesn't imply Existence Erasure at all, it only denotes the Ark's of higher-ranking angels not only destroy the physical body, but also the spiritual one alongside it. This would only be Soul Manipulation since "destroy" doesn't imply the soul being completely erased from existence at all. Unless supporters can provide extra context which points to the "destroy" statement being an EE statement rather than a Soul Manipulation statement this should be removed from the page.

Vampire Clan.

Regeneration (High-Mid) -

Every vampire profile on the wiki seems to scale off of Orlondi’s statement which implies he can regenerate over an unspecified time after being reduced to an eyeball.

Now my problem with this is why are we assuming this would be applicable to every single vampire in the series if zero statements or even implications exist that it would scale? Just because they’re a part of the same race of creatures doesn’t mean they’d all intrinsically have the same level of regeneration without a proper statement or heavy implications.

If statements or heavy implications do exist of this being applicable to every single member of the vampire clan then I'm fine with this staying, but if there isn’t then this should be removed from every vampire profile that isn’t named Orlondi.

Doesn’t have any scans or satisfactory explanations on why it’s on their profiles, if supporters can’t grab scans or explain in-depth why it should stay on the profiles, it should be removed

Conclusions.

Demon Clan.

1. Resistance Negation needs to be removed outright.
  2. Self-Sustenance (Type 2), Ice Manipulation, Existence Erasure and Gravity Manipulation need to be removed if scans or in-depth explanations aren't given.

Goddesses Clan.

1. Inorganic Physiology (Type 1) needs to be changed into limited.
  2. Deconstruction, Existence Erasure and Power Nullification need to be also changed or removed if supporters can't provide scans of it working on anything that isn't demonic in nature.

Vampire Clan.​

1. Regeneration (High-Mid) needs to be removed from every profile that isn't named Orlondi if supporters can't provide scans of his regeneration being applicable to every other vampire in the series.
  2. Self-Sustenance (Type 2) needs to be removed from the profiles if supporters can't provide scans of it existing.

Agree - Kachon123, Arc7Kuroi, LIFE_OF_KING, LordGinSama, DemonGodMitchAubin, Makai64100 (agrees with somethings), Duedate8898 (agrees with somethings), RandomGuy2345, Zaratthustra, ByAsura (Agrees with Vampire Regeneration Scaling and Decon/Power Nullification reworks), thetechmaster36

Disagree - Makai64100 (disagrees with somethings), Duedate8898 (disagrees with somethings), speedster352

Neutral - Arc7Kuroi (Neutral towards Resistance Negation), LIFE_OF_KING (Neutral towards High-Mid regeneration scaling for Vampires), ByAsura (Neutral on everything else)

Last edited:
I agree with most everything, I think I'm neutral towards the fire resistance negation, perhaps a possibly would be more suitable, but knowledgeable members can discuss that more.

Yes, I agree, but the part about the vampires regeneration I'm neutral.

I never knew why the resistance negation was accepted. Scan itself shows that this is wrong

Besides, shouldn't the EE from the Goddesses Clan be removed as well? The scan used looks like simply Soulhax
Maybe, i deadass forgot about that when i was making this thread (one of the problems that can come up when you spent about an hour making the thread)

Here's the scan LOK is referencing, what's everyone's opinion about this being EE? personally i'm leaning towards disagreeing with this being EE but i want to know everyone else's opinion about this as well.

Maybe, i deadass forgot about that when i was making this thread (one of the problems that can come up when you spent about an hour making the thread)

Here's the scan LOK is referencing, what's everyone's opinion about this being EE? personally i'm leaning towards disagreeing with this being EE but i want to know everyone else's opinion about this as well.
I honestly think it sounds like EE. Idk. What's your interpretation?

The EE got removed from most profiles years ago so I'm not sure why Demons still have it. Someone might have revertee the changes since that shit got canceled more than Bill Cosby.

I'd suggest taking a look at the edit history to see how it got added back.

Destroying the soul isn't EE, ig it'd be soul manip for stronger goddess clan members

Quit dick eating me.
Ik you aint saying that after asking me to review your points before you made this thread in vc

I honestly think it sounds like EE. Idk. What's your interpretation?
My interpretation is that the statement about high-ranking Ark's being capable of destroy the body and soul of someone isn't something that's inherently EE, it could just be Soul Destruction.

I'm more so leaning towards the Soul Manipulation interpretation compared to the EE interpretation since it uses the word "destroy", which isn't something that's commonly used or accepted as an EE statement, if i said something like "destroyed completely" or "erased" or anything which denotes EE more than Soul Destruction i would lean towards your interpretation. But since it doesn't i'm leaning more towards the Soul Destruction interp.

Yeah it's prolly just soul hax. Maybe a "possibly deconstruction" could work, or is that reaching?

Yeah it's prolly just soul hax. Maybe a "possibly deconstruction" could work, or is that reaching?
I'm personally fine with deconstruction via Ark tbh, but just to let everyone know that's already accepted on the goddesses physiology page.

Demon Physiology.

Resistance Negation -

Neither scan present on the page actually proves Resistance Negation at all, the fairy king forest being immune to normal flames =/= Hellblaze needing to have Resistance Negation to actually burn down the forest since

1. Purgatory Fire aren't “natural flames” at all, they’re explicitly unnatural flames which demons can use and create. So that statement wouldn't be applicable to them.

2. Purgatory Fire have heats which are vastly above any natural flame in existence, with it being able to burn and damage people who resisted the heat of lightning bolts while in mid-air like Gilthunder.

This is also applicable to the Izraf statement since he isn’t saying or implying that only Purgatory Fire can wound him because of it specifically negating his resistance in the way which grants Resistance Negation, it’s more so he’s saying that Purgatory Fire has higher temperatures comparative to normal flames, with normal flames being unable to “wound” him but Purgatory Fire being able to “wound” him because of massively increased heat/potency.

Given this context about both feats, this should be removed from the page entirely since the feats used aren’t actual feats of Resistance Negation.
This was already in discussion and We agreed about it’s removal

Doesn’t have a scan or a satisfactory explanation about the ability, if supporters can’t grab the scans needed for this ability or explain in-depth why it should remain the page. It should be removed.
Demons eat souls to recover magic they can Also eat normal human food for the taste but can also survive 3000 years of sealing without eating or 500 years of jail

People like Meliodas could fight for years without eating against Ban in purgatory

Resistances:​

Ice Manipulation -

Same reasoning as above, though while it does have a better explanation compared to the Self-Sustenance, it still doesn’t have any scans which concretely proves the resistance. If supporters can’t grab scans of these feats then the resistance should be removed from the page.
Meliodas survived Freeze coffin
Guila did too by turning into a demon

Gravity Manipulation -

We explicitly don’t give people resistance to Gravity Manipulation unless we’re given extra context which proves the character isn’t resisting the ability through sheer lifting strength alone. Hendrickson doesn’t have a statement like this, which means unless supporters can grab scans which proves Hendrickson didn’t resist the gravity via sheer strength alone it should be removed from the page.

We talked about removing it too already the CRT Is dead tho

We already specify it’s during matérialisation

Limited is fine for everyone except SD tho maybe it’ll avoid

Deconstruction -

This should be changed into limited since it’s heavily implied by Monspeet the reason behind why Ark’s actually deconstruct demons is because it’s “a power that specifically counteracts our darkness”, which is something only demonic entities have in the series as stated also by Monspeet. So unless supporters can provide evidence of Ark’s deconstructing things which aren’t demonic in nature this should be specified to work only on demonic entities.
We already state it’s working on dark related magic

Power Nullification -

Same reasoning behind Deconstruction, if shown to only work against powers which are from demonic entities it should be specified to only work on demons.

No.
Ark rots away MAGIC

Vampire Clan.

Regeneration (High-Mid) -
Every vampire profile on the wiki seems to scale off of Orlondi’s statement which implies he can regenerate over an unspecified time after being reduced to an eyeball.

Now my problem with this is why are we assuming this would be applicable to every single vampire in the series if zero statements or even implications exist that it would scale? Just because they’re a part of the same race of creatures doesn’t mean they’d all intrinsically have the same level of regeneration without a proper statement or heavy implications.

If statements or heavy implications do exist of this being applicable to every single member of the vampire clan then I'm fine with this staying, but if there isn’t then this should be removed from every vampire profile that isn’t named Orlondi.
Orlondi Is a low tier Vampire and could survive this type of injuries
As we know the author make the physiologies evolve along with the power.
Demons can survive being pierced and decapitated it applies to all of them.
In a similar way Vampires are constantly depicted as surviving heavy damage without dying as Gelda surviving decapitation
We actually have no reasons to downgrade this

Doesn’t have any scans or satisfactory explanations on why it’s on their profiles, if supporters can’t grab scans or explain in-depth why it should stay on the profiles, it should be removed

Idk about this one i wasn’t Here
but they can survive thousands of years of sealing (She got sealed by Zel before he got sealed for 3000 years and then went out of the sealing after he did) without eating/drinking blood
And Orlondi Is basically an eye… Which means she can’t eat…

My interpretation is that the statement about high-ranking Ark's being capable of destroy the body and soul of someone isn't something that's inherently EE, it could just be Soul Destruction.

I'm more so leaning towards the Soul Manipulation interpretation compared to the EE interpretation since it uses the word "destroy", which isn't something that's commonly used or accepted as an EE statement, if i said something like "destroyed completely" or "erased" or anything which denotes EE more than Soul Destruction i would lean towards your interpretation. But since it doesn't i'm leaning more towards the Soul Destruction interp.
Complete erasure of the body Is EE
The Erasure of souls Is just kind of a layer to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back