• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point is not even that they are heavily below, is that the mechanics of the technique make no sense in the context used. Information being sent to the unconsciousness is just a side effect, that's where information is put because you can't put your attention on it. So what happens when you can concentrate on all that information? The reputed weakness the technique abuses doesn't exist, yet it still works.

Am I gonna make fire combust next? Sorry, I just lost any interest on this.

As i said, it just means that that much info is still not "all".

It's fine if you lost interest. So anything against Senses + Void Step gg? This was to everyone in the thread instead of just you.

If you unironically tell me all five senses intake much more information than making calculations for a few trillion cells... yeah, logic is not the basis for this.

Honestly...yeah. Frankly that's dumb. Either the 10^28 calculations is bs or Shizuku being affected is PIS, because there's absolutely zero way she should be affected by Trackless Step with how it's described.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
If you unironically tell me all five senses intake much more information than making calculations for a few trillion cells... yeah, logic is not the basis for this.
(why you stuck on few trillions, there are about 1.5 x 10^28 electrons in a human alone, in 30m wide walls there would logically be far more which would be what Shizuku is controlling)

But that's what it would mean. No matter how much information you can intake or calculate it still means you have an unconsciousness.

The real cal howard said:
Honestly...yeah. Frankly that's dumb. Either the 10^28 calculations is bs or Shizuku being affected is PIS, because there's absolutely zero way she should be affected by Trackless Step with how it's described.
That feat is performed several times throughout the series (everytime she fights a lightning user which is i think twice or thrice can't remember). She also has the reformation of her body cell by cell (which means reforming the cells, so it would be i guess again on an atomic level cus she's turing herself to vapor but whatever). And Shizuku is called a genius for these things, leagues above everyone else (at least at the time).

Shizuku being affected isn't PIS, it was the one reason she lost the fight against Touka (that and mind reading, but when TS entered the game that she started getting overpowered). And there is like half a chapter explaning how trackless step works and why Shizuku literally has actually 0 resistance to trackless step and can do nothing against it, even though someone like ikki would be capable of countering it. All cus he could tap into his unconsciousness.

It all has to do with unconsciousness, unless you can tap into or outright lack unconsciousness you can't do anything against trackless step. It has nothing to do with how much calculations you can make or if you're smarter than a supercomputer, and Shizuku exists specifically to prove that very fact. We agree on Ikki winning this now?

Firephoenixearl said:
But that's what it would mean. No matter how much information you can intake or calculate it still means you have an unconsciousness.
And why are you stuck on the unconscious? The unconscious only matters because that's where information is sent because you can't handle all of it. If you can handle all of it, the brain would never need to do this and shouldn't do this. Even "controlling the unconscious" is just putting your attention, or your concentration, on that information the brain thought wasn't important. Hence "shifting his attention to his unconsciousness". Is no different from looking behind, because your eyes can't see 360 degrees just how your conscious can't handle all that information at once, so it gets split.

Except when, as you proved, they can handle that much and more, so the basic premise is wrong. Once again, making fire combust.

I never proved they can handle more. I proved that even that much is not enough to lack an unconsciousness. The information is still divided. So the point is:

Do you want to say Culexus won't be affected by Trackless Step? Try harder with the feats.

Jesus Christ, dude. Ikki isn't using a special mindhax where only existent in your subconscious. Trackless Step isn't him hypnotizing you into believing he's not there. Trackless Step is him being disregarded as useless information, in which that should logically be paltry to the girl who can see every electro

But lacking an unconsciousnes is not important, because the brain wouldn't send information there if it can handle all the information, hence there would be no burn out. The entire technique lies in lying to the brain, which is useless if information is not divided by the brain in the first place, which is done in the first place so the brain isn't on burn out.

It's a self preservation tactic like muscles not having access to all their power.

First of all idk why any of your current arguing has anything to do with the current fight. I assume you agree that Trackless Step will work? (If you need me to give Shizuku's calculation feats just ask btw).

Dammit man you've seen the explanations. Sure, you can be considered as skipped over information for someone who processes everything down to the atomic level. Makes perfect sense.

Yes, because that person processes every single atom of whatever he's focusing on. Doesn't mean she's thinking about the brand and creator of the socks touka is wearing.

<Ikki moves in a way that the brain processes it as useless information

<Cuelexus can analyze even the smallest atoms

Yeah how is it working again? I mean unless we're saying that Ikki moving counts as useless information yet random atoms don't

Schnee One said:
<Ikki moves in a way that the brain processes it as useless information
<Cuelexus can analyze even the smallest atoms

Yeah how is it working again? I mean unless we're saying that Ikki moving counts as useless information yet random atoms don't
Tell that to Shizuku pls. Also can i get citation for that.

Tell that to Shizuku pls. Also can i get citation for that.

What does Shizuku have to do with this?

The real cal howard said:
Because that's totally less noticeable than something the size of the nucleus of an atom. I can see how many atoms a molecule of O2 has but I can't see you ain't wearing the newest Jordans.
Not you can't see, you're not focusing on that during a fight. You're focusing on the atoms cus it matters currently. But who would ever focus on the jordans? That's the difference between "matters" and "useless".

Ionliosite said:
Masadaverse, Shin Megami Tensei and BlazBlue's hax works even if it is dumb, so this isn't even an argument.
Except it's not really dumb, your example couldn't be worse. Their hax has a logical backbone behind it.

How does Shizuku circumvent Trackless Step? She sets a thin layer of water around. Touko steps on it, it causes splashes, the splashes aren't Touko so she can keep track of those. Something Ikki "I-can-feel-invisible-people-because-of-the-way-they-disrupt-vibrations-in-the-air" Kurogane should replicate easily, yet doesn't do so. Or with Perfect Vision, which shouldn't care about what your brain sees because Ikki already knows what you are doing regardless of it so he'd know where you are regardless of what his brain does.

But no, neither of these are an option. Somehow. The technique makes little sense.

@Cal

Yes, because they're focusing on the atoms. The atoms matter in that particular fight. The jordans really don't.

@Schnee

It is, her sub atomic water manip along with her body reformation into vapor. The amount of info she's dealing with is above anything Culexus has shown.

Schnee One said:
What does Shizuku have to do with this?
The technique works by fooling your brain into thinking you aren't important, because the brain can't focus on everything at once, because too much information burns it out.

Yet Shizuku can do the mental calculations to affect the electrons of her body and become water and back again into flesh, so her brain should have no problem processing all the info from her senses.

Somehow. Am not sure.

@Sir

Are we really getting into "why didn't she use the water manip this way" arguments? Like that has any meaning or relevance into this fight? Is that really what we are doing here?

TriforcePower1 said:
The ass ass in joke becomes even funnier if you know French, since cul means ass in French.
So he's the ass exus ass ass in
I mean culo also means ass in italian, but i guess French is closer to the actual word and i can't believe i never thought of that lol.

Firephoenixearl said:
It is, her sub atomic water manip along with her body reformation into vapor. The amount of info she's dealing with is above anything Culexus has shown.
Manipulating your body similar to a Logia or manipulating doesn't give you the ability to observe and understand atoms as information

One Piece Logias such as Borsalino (Admiral Kizaru) and infamous characters such as The Beast (InFAMOUS) can manipulate their bodies freely on an atomic level and even manipulate at such a small degree, that however, does not give them the ability to literally look at a person and immediately understand the very Atoms that construct them, what they are made of, and process them through their brains.

Manipulating water doesn't come close to this.

Ionliosite said:
So does Trackless Step.
Let me rephrase, one whose premise makes sense.

So like I said, either the entire premise is wrong or Shizuku's mental calculations are not things that scale to her ability to process the information of her senses.

Firephoenixearl said:
@Sir
Are we really getting into "why didn't she use the water manip this way" arguments? Like that has any meaning or relevance into this fight? Is that really what we are doing here?
Yes, I am pointing out why the technique makes literal no sense based on how it's described and shown to work. Is that simple. I said it before, either the premise its based around is wrong, or what Shizuku does doesn't scale to processing the information from senses.

By the way Trackless step goes down when someone is about to attack, so the Cuelexus just things and goes Intangible

It does because using even basic magic is a very complex process that requires very hard calculations. What Shizuku is doing is paying attention to every single atom in the water and purifying it:

ÒÇîYeah… everyone thinks that water loses to electricity, right? But no, when water does so it's because impurities like ions and microbes in the water make it conductive. Water becomes less and less conductive as it becomes more and more pure, until it becomes ultra-pure and forms a complete insulator that electricity won't pass through.ÒÇì

ÒÇîI see… oh? Then why don't other water users copy this tactic?ÒÇì

ÒÇîIt's not that they don't, they can't. Completely removing impurities at the ion level is like sifting gold dust from desert sand. Only Shizuku-san's level of magic control allows her to perform such a technique. If an ordinary knight tries to copy this maneuver, won't his mind burn out first? *Cough* As you'd expect for the first-year runner-up… *guh*!ÒÇì

She's removing impurities atom by atom until she purifies the water.

Shizuku needed to pay attention to every single molecule of water, removing any impurities to create pure water that had an attribute of insulation, to dodge the lightning. It was an extremely nerve wracking, delicate operation.

When as i've said before even something as basic as throwing an ice shard:

"......Who knows? But since I only wished ÒÇîWin this gameÒÇì, I don't really understand it. However......there is such a saying - people make mistakes. As long as you are a human, any action definitely contains the possibility of failure. Taking one step with your feet. Even though it's such a simple action, there are people who twist their ankles, or get tripped by a small stone, resulting in failure. Let alone magic, which requires complicated configuration operation and trajectory calculation......it can't be helped if you failed, right?"

So yes, the sub atomic calculation is a thing, it's very hard, and yes, people's minds would burn out if they tried to do it. Trackless Step still works.

@Sir

Yes, let's end this. It's just not enough, you gotta tap into your unconsciousness or literally lack it. By very feats whatever you're arguing is useless. Trackless Step works, i do not have the intention on arguing any further on this. So last point:

Does he have anything that would make him better than Shizuku? No.

Can he tap into his unconsciousness? No

Does he lack unconsciousness? No

Trackless Step works. This is getting like the usual "i can make out what it is so it obviously doesn't exist" level of arguments.

Ikki has zero knowledge they can go Intangible and even then they can sense attacks from behind

Can Ikki even hit an intangible being?

Feats doesn't make basic logic useless. That's the entire reason Ricsi contested the absurdity of like "soul haxing soulless robots" and "mind haxing mindless objects". Sometimes context means they make sense, sometimes they don't. That's the entire reason people contested "ikki outskills himself but ten times faster" until it was understood that the clones couldn't apply his skill correctly, a circular loop of scaling is a fundamentally illogical thing as I am sure you are aware.

So either Shizuku's calculations don't scale to her senses or her brain is an idiot and censors information despite the fact she can easily handle it. Ikki can't even replicate Shizuku's way to circumvent it despite doing something stupidly similar before. If this is not illogical, then there's no argument to be made because you are obviously set in your ways.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Ricsi contested the absurdity of like "soul haxing soulless robots" and "mind haxing mindless objects"
But Bagramo stole the soul of a souless being and I know another character that mindhaxed pieces of metal (which are mindless objects), so it can happen in fiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back