• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bob-omb vs Culexus Assassin

What's the Bob-omb supposed to do here? The Culexus can literally just stand there, in front of the Bob-omb's face and they won't know it. Plus, even if the Bob-omb self-destructs, the Culexus can avoid it by staying/going intangible, due to it not being in same physical plane. That is even assuming the Bob-omb can do anything other than panic or freeze-up in fright from the Culexus mind manip.

On top of that, the Culexus needs only a tap to kill their opponent or can play it safe by tossing a psyk-out grenade or blasting it down the Speculum while staying out of the Bob-omb's effect range.

Actually he has to enter the Etherium before the MFTL bomb decides to explode

Inorganic physiology type 2 means no mind or soul to hax
Actually, the Culexus has caused Tau Drones to malfunction (causing their functions to slow or just flat out stall) just by being near it, so no, Inorganic physiology won't save it from being affected, even if it has no soul. And that's passive.

Honestly, this matchup feels like mismatch or a stomp.

Last edited:
power source?
The exact power sources for Tau Drones is never given, or at least, I've never come across any mentions in any reading or research. All I can really say is that the power source would be entirely tech based due to the Tau lacking any psychic or magical power.

Do Tau use nuclear or electrical energy and is there any evidence that they power anything by winding it up

Do Tau use nuclear or electrical energy and is there any evidence that they power anything by winding it up
After doing a little more digging, I've found that they use generators to create a nuclear reaction that generates huge amounts of electricity in the form of plasma. They use this power a lot of their tech, tools, ships and even settlements.

Okay so bob-ombs aren’t powered by electricity and therefore should not be effected.
That has literally nothing to do with what happened the drones. They didn't power down, their literal A.I. system either slowed down or completely froze.

Last edited:
That has literally nothing to do with what happened the drones. They didn't power down, their literal A.I. system either slowed down or completely froze.
Bob-omb is at least 2,761,338,081,251,030x faster then Culexus Assassin assuming they are at the top of FTL speed

Doesn’t the fact ai’s in warhammer have a presence in the warp suggest a non physical mind. Also can I get anymore context.

Doesn’t the fact ai’s in warhammer have a presence in the warp suggest a non physical mind. Also can I get anymore context.
An AI wouldn't have a presence in the Warp unless it was possessed by a Warp entity or made specifically to channel the Warp in some capacity. And what context are you speaking of exactly?

I believe he’s referring to machine spirits
I see.

If that's the case, it wouldn't really apply. Machine Spirits are believed to be parts of the Machine God. That is a belief of the second major religion of the Imperium and is even believed in by most educated Imperial citizens who are not actually in said religion which would have a population in the to trillions to make it so. Enough belief can make things real in 40K.

That beings said, that's for HUMAN technology. Xenos tech is considered a form of heresy by many and even an offense to the Machine God. Furthermore, the Tau have no such belief and next to no Warp presence. They assign no such meaning to their tech and certainly don't possess the numbers to make such a beliefs a reality, which is compounded by the fact that with such weak Warp presence, they shouldn't have that much impact on the immaterium unlike humanity, Orks or Eldar.

Yeah also from what I can tell some “machine spirits” are mostly just psychic/spiritual residue from people who used those machines and their warp signatures, not really the warp signature of the machine itself. Though sometimes it’s other stuff unrelated to the warp like rudimentary AIs or biological components to a machine. I don’t think they ever made it fully concrete.

Back