• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I have been one of the main people discussing his "counters". Maybe if you stopped acting like he's automatically right, you'd see that. But willful ignorance is bliss.
I'm not acting like he's automatically right, I'm just saying no one has shown any actual counter to Trackless Step beyond "that ability is dumb and doesn't make sense". Because if Culexus can counter it, this is a stomp, but he can't, or at least, you haven't proved he can.

No actually, his invisibility and his intangibility are separate, we even said this above.

Hell, even if that wasn't true, literally what stops him from walking up to Ikki while phasing out of reality until he gets within literally centimeters of his body, then becoming tangible right as he makes contact?

And don't bother telling me danger sense is good enough to do that when he took a direct hit from Stella when his danger sense was far stronger then the one here?

There have been a good number of counters. Are you sure you have actually been reading the thread? If you think it is a stomp, you can just say so.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
If you think it is a stomp, you can just say so.
I said on my last comment: If Culexus isn't affected by Trackless Step, this is a stomp. I haven't seen any proof Culexus can't be affected, so I don't think it is.

Wouldn't Culexus' presence alone cause serious adverse effects for Ikki? Why would Ikki know not to potentially use magic that would make it worse?

Yeah no one actually countered the fact that Ikki will literally fall to his knees due to his magic null from madness outside of the fact that he can fight unconscious for literally a single attack,

Which was post SSSAF

There has been a lot, Earl just doesn't agree with any of it. Mostly because "this doesn't smell like controlling the unconscious" as he's convinced the brain would just be fooled even when the brain should have enough processing ability to record everything the person senses (the weakness he himself, and Ikki most of all, says Trackless Step is supposed to abuse).

Shizuku doesn't even do that shit, she simply leaves a lot of water and follows the splashing steps of Touka because Trackless Step does nothing about the environment.

Sir: When earl argues he fooled mind reading when it wasn't even used.

Me: Literally gave the quote of touka saying "you completely fooled my mind reading" several dozen posts above.

Yes I am totally convinced now that people are reading what im posting. Completely convinced.

I can go on to "countering" schnee's point but example above proves it really wouldn't matter. So oh well decide on what you want here. Cya.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
There has been a lot, Earl just doesn't agree with any of it.
Every "proof", if you can call it like that, isn't on the scale of stuff Trackless Step has managed to fool, so it's less not agreeing and more that that proof is flawed on principle.

Schnee One said:
Yeah no one actually countered the fact that Ikki will literally fall to his knees due to his magic null from madness outside of the fact that he can fight unconscious for literally a single attack,

Which was post SSSAF
Enough of trackless step, go against this please, because Trackless step is moot if he can't even get past this

Schnee One said:
Enough of trackless step, go against this please, because Trackless step is moot if he can't even get past this
Trackless Step is quite literally Ikki's only win-con, so all the discussion is on if it works or not. If it is moot, then it's a stomp, but given Culexus doesn't appear to be able to counter Trackless Step...

Considering your lack of anything that shows that was for their second fight, yes, I am reading what you've said and found it lacking. And how skill makes your electric signals non existent.

Good riddance to you as well.

@Ion

And I see you missed everyone showing that doesn't scale at all, Shizuku's calculation most of all, like how Schnee brought up The Beast being able to control his body on a subatomic level. This doesn't scale to his senses.

How is Ikki supposed to even use Trackless Step if he literally can't even think straight from Madness?

He can't even use his only win condition.

C2 of Omegon said:
Just to add onto the Culexus' feats: remember that Blank Princeps that was mentioned ages ago in this thread? The one that's utterly inferior to a Culexus in potency?

Yeah, when he was making his way to a meeting, people would automatically avert their eyes from him. He even notes that even if they didn't, some of them wouldn't even have been able to remember him or his features. The human mind rejects even attempt to percieve Blanks, if they are strong enough. Heck, the Space Marine the Princeps encountered was even noted to probably be in actual pain from forcing himself to look at the Princeps for as long as he did.

This Princeps utterly pales in comparison to a Culexus due their very nature. The Princeps operates a PSI-Titan which uses psykers for fuel for it's weapons and projecting psychic/supernatural phenomenon over a wide area. His Blank aura is strong enough that he's not affected by the psychic powers coursing through the Titan, which would drive a normal person to madness at the very least. Yet, he's not so strong that he disables or kills the psykers and the PSI-tech in the Titan. Had that been a Culexus, the psykers would be dead the equipment would've probably have EXPLODED just due to being near the Culexus.

To put that further into perspective by what I mean explode: a Grey Knight was exposed to a fetus that is on par with Culexus, minus training and fancy equipment, naturally. What happened? The Grey Knight's psychic halberd literally shattered in his hands, his psychic armor bursted into shards and fell away and the Grey Knight literally turned tail and limped away as fast as he could in utter terror, reduced to a gibbering wreck with blood leaking from every orifice in his head, before getting some distance away and collasping dead onto the ground.

Note that this was just a normal Grey Knight. Hence, he's a psyker but he's nothing special or crazily powerful by any standard. He's got enough to channel into his weapon and power hsi psychic defenses. That's it. He's literally conditioned to withstand the reality/mind bending insanity of the Warp through trials that even a normal Space Marine would bulk at and his mind has been purposely wiped at the start of his training so that he can become even more innurred to fear/pain/temptation than a normal Space Marine.

My point with all of this is to show what a normal Blank does to people without any magic/psychic power and how they deal with psychic influence vs. what a Culexus does just by being what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back