• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't mean much. Give him a piece of paper and he'd still be outskilled as he lacks his sword. Meanwhile, Culexus deal with AP gaps that screw them over left and right, even moreso than Ikki. Without his sword, he's not as skilled featwise as half the people Culexus are assigned to kill, as he completely lacks the feats for it.

Ionliosite said:
Ikki still has his senses, prediction and Trackless Step, that should do the trick.
This ^^

Even without a sword ikki has shown to be very good at hand to hand combat.

Also his copying, prediction, trackless step, analysis, senses etc etc etc are all non sword based.

It would still be worse then what happens to the Tau, which is terrible, combined with the lack of sword and the Culexus's abilities. I don't see how Ikki can win this.

Uuuuh...

Taus are literally way more resistant than even baseline non magical humans since their souls are like embers compared to a human's, they still go crazy. Ikki is not even an unpowered human, he's a human with magical energy, no matter how weak. And what they do is full out mental manip with a ton of effects, not just fear hax.

On top of that, with speed equal and the fact that he can attack easily from range, the Culexus can easily react to any attempted ranged attack. He is immensely above Ikki in stamina, and wasn't exactly trained to act dumb and approach someone that can battle at all while affected by their powers. I feel there's some massive underestimating of his intelligence

Which were the effects that the Taus received again?

They still get massively outskilled, I could say Ikki can just predict where they are going to appear and attack there before they appear so when they appear they get attacked. Attcking from range is not that much for Ikki, specially because Culexus needs to materialize to do anything to Ikki. But yes, Culexus has adventage in stamina and I know they aren't dumb.

Yes, and you could do that after proving he can do that with the stealth expert that isn't even inhabiting reality until he wants to and can perfectly attack from a range of dozens of meters. Why is everyone behaving like becoming tangible is a turn on and off button and Culexus couldn't easily react to a dude in speed equal suddenly moving to where he is somehow?

Ikki has fought stealth experts, invisble people, unperceivable people and much other things, Culexus needs to phase to stop inhabiting with reality, I mean, he dissapears, Ikki can precog where he appears, I'm not saying he will know every move he makes while not inhabiting reality just when Culexus materializes, because he needs to do that to interact with Ikki.

"Etherium allows the Culexus to shift themselves in and out of realspace" it is a turn n and off button, I know they have it in their suits, that doesn't mean it is passive because they can shift themselve in and out, so yes, they can turn it on and off and they need to do so in order to touch their opponent.

And this is where I ask why people suddenly forget every bit of context. By Earl's own words, he has dealt with stuff like invisibility because the person interferes with the vibrations in the air and silly stuff like that, which is not gonna happen with someone intangible. Nor do I see him understanding the identity of a dude he's not seeing 99% of the time, and who says nothing.

Actually read what I am saying. What I meant is that you are saying he is gonna go to where he is like the shifting takes any time and Culexus can't react to a dude in speed equal suddenly turning his way, especially so when he doesn't require being anywhere close to him. And this is assuming he does this with all the mind stuff. And the fact they still both die if he touches the dude that snuffs your soul through contact.

Ikki senses still warn him about things he doesn't know that will happen, Ikki fought againts a invisible dud with invisible arrows and he still got over that, again, when Culexus shift into reality Ikki should be able to sense him. He doesn't need to understand his opponent identity to predict their actions, understanding their identity only makes it far better, its not like Ikki was seeing Kirihira since the beggining of their match and still beat him.

Shifting takes time, he needs to think, thoughts aren't instant, even if its just a small amount of time they still need it. Even with that, Ikki has things like Trackless Step, pretty sure Culexus can't ge past that and Ikki doesn't need to be close to Culexus either, he can kinda just grab a rock and throw it. Again, Ikki has fought againts worst fear hax, feeling pain in his mind isn't as much as Desperado fear hax. Yeah, he needs to touch Ikki in the first place for that to happen.

" Ikki has fought stealth experts, invisble people, unperceivable people and much other things"

Okay we all know Culexus bucket lists eclipses Ikki's own. Lest you say that Rakudai top tiers have anything on Warhammer's mid. Don't use that as a crutch here.

An invisible dude with invisible arrows that kept talking to him and dragging things out until he could Perfect Vision him. I also don't see how a dude that is invisible and a dude that isn't even interacting with reality are similar. Of course, because Kihara's arrows were also still visible and also still making sound... then they became invisible and made no sound, and then he needed Perfect Vision to do anything.

When was this ever said? By who? Thinking is for sure immensely faster than moving. Throw a rock, which he would do... why? And how doesn't the Culexus evade a simply rock from a distance? It's not fear hax, is outright mind manip with other effects, up to and including madness, which Ikki doesn't resist and worked on things that should resist far more than Ikki. The affected Taus were guarding more or less a VIP, their devotion near fanaticism that would make them kill themselves if necessary - they still got affected.

Trackless step abuses the gaps in your senses because no human can process all the information their senses send them. FODDER Space Marines have enough senses to fight with perfect ability in pitch blackness, eiditic memory that allowed one to remember every single bullet casing of the enemy guns in the middle of a fight hitting the ground, deducing they were being baited as the enemy still had a half magazine left. Veteran Space Marines rank about these dudes easily, both in processing speed and senses. A Vindicare Assassin's Spy Mask recopiles so much information, even a Veteran Marine gets overrun, and a Vindicare Assassin can process it all passively with extreme ease. Vindicares are comparable to Culexus. I see no gaps for Trackless Step to abuse, so that won't work on a Culexus.

Sir

1. Kirihara's arrows weren't perceivable by any of the 5 senses. Not just invisible.

2. Mind manip/ pain to a dude who can fight unconscious yes totally see that happening.

3. You'd need to lack the ability to focus to do that. And that's just perceiving a ton of info. All of those are literally laughable in comparison to Shizuku who could make way over 10^28 complex calculations almost instantly while doing the same thing to freeze loads of ice while being careful too be in touka's blind spot and another process at the same time. Yet she's like easy target for Trackless Step so you gonna have to try harder.

I just remembered, true. But oh well, it just means no afterimages though really. Nothing else changes (he just can't use the seven secret swords).

The rest of the argument with copying, prediction, senses, trackless step etc still works.

Senses, actual normal senses, not ESP. He can just sense danger due to having been at death's door so many times.

Trackless Step is 1st key, but it improves in the 2nd key.

It's not listed as such

Also he can't fight subconsciously in this key, so Culesus screwing with his brain is effective

Pretty sure it is, in the notable attacks/ techniques.

He cannot, but still pretty damn close. It's not like he needs to fight in that condition to do it and the case when he does fight unconscious is literally like...2 chapters with literally 0 fights in between away so he surely can be assumed to at least perform it to some extent.

It is:

Enhanced Senses (All of Ikki's senses are enhanced to the point where he can feel every grain of dust hit his skin, can see every strand of someone's hair mid-fight, can find the speed and location of something just from hearing it, hear the blood flow of something and more. Furthermore he has an extreme awareness of everything around him, where he doesn't even need sense things that enter his range and has the "Samurai's Sixth Sense")

Depends, it's a very very small time, with no fights in between. This ikki ends at his fight against Touka, literally the next fight he does is against Edelweiss where he shows the ability to act unconscious. So he surely can at least perform it to some extent.

Are you talking about Trackless Step or danger senses here?

Yeah? So? He can do the same here. Though acting unconscious is not literally a technique or ability, it's just "you can either do it or you can't". It's not something you train, or that he has ever been shown to train. It's just his muscle memory doing stuff for him.

Yeah, not in the 1st key (cus i messed up), but you can even read that in the 2nd key for trackless step it says:

Pseudo-Invisibility and Lack of Presence (Ikki improved Trackless Step so that it works not only when he attacks but at any time making people unable to see him or sense his presence)

"Improved", he already knew it before, but yeah that's me messing up, i can fix it anytime.

Say what to everytime Ikki does what?

Trackless Step is not actually effective at all though. The whole point of Trackless Step is abusing the fact the brain can't process a lot of the information the senses send to it, which is why concentration is a thing - you gotta focus on some of it. But as I've literally shown, fodder space marines have literal eidetic memory (this is referenced multiple times across books and stuff), absurd senses (hearing the bullet casings of the enemies hit the floor between all the gunfire and fighting) and the ability to easily and effectively process all this information despite already focusing on battling, coordinating with fellow space marines, and whatever other bullshit they do. Veterans are easily above this, and a Vindicare absorbs information from a Spy Mask that would overwhelm a Veteran... passively. Culexus are equal. Why would I think the technique would work on someone that scales twice above a fodder with better feats processing their senses than the majority of the Rakudai cast?

And again, Culexus isn't Kihara wasting time and talking and playing around giving Ikki time to Perfect Vision him, instead of turning his arrows imperceptible from the start and going for a quick KO. He's also ******* with his brain here. And on top of all, he can attack from range, his psyke-out grenades are good enough to knock out people without powers and there's no reason he can't evade Ikki throwing a rock from a distance. "Outskills" is not an argument, actually say how higher skill helps Ikki land the attack. Plus, as I've said before, Kihara was imperceptible but that didn't matter since Ikki Perfect Vision-ed him, and the other "invisible" people he has dealt with interact with the world, so he could easily find them that way. This doesn't apply to a dude that is literally intangible.

Because i've shown you that people in rakudai can do immensly more than what you've shown, that has been stated to be far too much for anyone else yet those same people being fodder to Trackless step.

Yes Kirihara waited that much cus Ikki hadn't developed Perfect Vision, he has shown to use it FAR sooner. No kind of ranged attack will reach ikki, because no matter where it comes from it will have to be from a tangible Culexus first. So no matter what kind of bullet or arrow it will come from a visible and tangible being. He will catch it just fine. There are also danger senses which will help a ton. So yes after 2 shots perfect vision will apply to a dude who's literally intangible but has to turn tangible to actually do anything at all.

I don't remember you ever showing that. And I am not gonna imagine non-existent holes in their perception when these characters are shown processing stuff they shouldn't be able to concentrate on.

Far sooner like when? He will catch a projectile from his Animus Speculum which is more or less his anti-soulness made a projectile and deadly to anything sentient? Not sure that's a good idea. And he will do this all with the mind screw caused by the Culexus? Don't see that happening. I also still don't see how this helps him land any kind of ranged projectile that will move in a straight line.

Firephoenixearl said:
Sir
3. And that's just perceiving a ton of info. All of those are literally laughable in comparison to Shizuku who could make way over 10^28 complex calculations almost instantly while doing the same thing to freeze loads of ice while being careful too be in touka's blind spot and another process at the same time. Yet she's like easy target for Trackless Step so you gonna have to try harder.
None of the feats you mentioend have anything even remotely close to this thing Shizuku does casually and she's still like 0 resistance against trackless step. Like she doesn't even remotely even begin to be able to counter it.

Yes like against Kuraudo which was like 5 clashes. As for the mind screw yeah, he should be able to do just fine considering literal beginning of the next chapter he fights full power while tanking desperado's fear stuff. About the ranged, yeah well, when your opponent is ikki, he will do it rather easily. Trackless Step exists.

Mental calculations and being able to process all the informations from your senses are different things. Unless you really think calculating specific formulae for trillions of cells would be easier and less arduous than concentrating on all the information your senses give you. Either they are not the same thing or there is a terrible logical flaw in Shizuku's brain not being able to process a massively lesser amount of information.

And Kuraudo was still able to keeo fighting without much issue? Uhhh... Is good then that this is not just fear stuff, even though that is a big part of the effect. Or that fanatics that should resist much more than Ikki could do nothing but succumb to the dread and somewhat try to resist. "He's Ikki" is neither an argument nor a reason. I don't care how skilled is, you gotta be able to tell me how that skill let's him hit the dude without it being entirely and easily avoidable. Especially when I still don't see Trackless Step doing anything.

You're focusing on every single atom making up 30m walls of water and producing that everytime a lightning strikes (which was basically rapid fire) all while removing all impurities from every atom to make it non conductive and doings 2 other complicated things at the same time. Are you arguing something as unquantifiable as "can process things that overload the average dude" is beyond calculating massively above 10^28 atoms and doing several other jobs at the same time with incredible speed? As for logical flaw, nah, cus this isn't just some feat that's forgotten, Shizuku made this feat in the same match that she got owned by Trackless Step. Later on she reconstructs all of her body, all of her cells. So the author forgetting something like this, is like saying "maybe the author forgot Ikki was skilled".

Kuraudo was still able to keep fighting yes, the reason, is somehow not important? It is because his reaction was practically blitzing Ikki left and right and Ikki says he didn't want to end the fight further cus he was having fun.

It is not just fear stuff, yeah, the effects of Edelweiss' aura weren't just fear stuff either, it was caused by fear but it had several effects and he fell unconscious and still kept going.

"He is Ikki" is the reason when he's the same guy who kicked a rock into the scabbard of someone like Touka Toudou who is not only immensly skilled herself for being able to pull of Trackless Step, but can actually read minds. So he kicked with a rock a very skilled girl who can read all of his thoughts. Then again, Trackless Step, until you show me a better feat than those of Shizuku, they'll work. If you need more perception feats there is SSSAF Ikki being able to count every speck of dust hitting his skin, every strand of hair on Stella's hair, his own heart beat etc etc at the same time, yet still being vulnerable to Trackless Step because he still has an unconsciousness (i mean he's not vulnerable then, cus he can tap into his unconsciousness, but i meant even perceiving all of that at once is not enough).

Eidetic memory and being able to remember the bullet casings of a gun hitting the floor in a massive battlefield with god knows how many enemies is average? Well I can see you aren't reading my messages. And no Earl, I am saying that if the author is saying Trackless Step works because a person can't process all the information from their senses, either he is a dumb ass and failed at logic because what Shizuku is doing dwarfs the information recopiled by all the senses at the same time so she shoudl handle it and not be affected at all, or the two things aren't comparable at all and it doesn't represent her ability to process the information from her senses."Ikki is just skilled" doesn't make Shizuku's brain suddenly worse at processing information.

Yet is not the same stuff the Culexus does, so it can't be generalized. Except for the fear, no reason to assume he deals with everything else as good.

Except like I said, Shizuku's thing is either the author being stupid or not scalable to her ability to process her senses. Ignoring how the technique even works is, and pardon, really stupid. This is exactly why there was an issue before with "soul haxing robots without souls" and "mind haxing mindless things" and feats in profiles that make no ******* sense. If Trackless Step works on a guy that can perfectly process the information of all his senses, then either the author is doing a terrible job or the thing doesn't work at all the way it is described. Simple as that. And skill doesn't let you make a perfectly linear attack impossible to evade by a dude that mind reads, so either there is some logical explanation or this is just bullshit.

Yes Ikki dodges barrage of bullets from an entire army using only hearing by calculating the angle speed, distance, location and exact time the bullet would be near him all while not even focusing. Your point? That is still not all the information apparently, being good at calculations and perceiving a lot of information still doesn't mean you lack an unconsciousness. So you gotta prove Culexus lack unconsciousness.

Hmm considering he fights with an inactive mind yes. There is a good reason to assume nothing Culexus does will even detter him.

This was covered in point 1. To the rest, idk what's your argument when it actually happened. Idk how you saying "no" to the feat somehow makes it any less valid. You thinking so little of Ikki's capability is really not a problem this fight cares about. You wanted a feat for how "a perfectly linear attack etc etc etc", yeah this is one. I can give you how an attack really doesn't need to be linear, when he bounced erasers off of the roof and used it to jam someone's gun and more cases. The point is:

• Culexus is not gonna be landing hits on Ikki. All that intangible, invisible, disconnected from reality, is just fancy talk when you consider that "he has to be tangible, visible and in reality to even interact with anything or hit ikki". So Culexus shoots, ikki dodges, rinse and repeat.
  • Ikki needs to pull off 1 single attack on Culexus.
  • Trackless Step gives ikki the GG card.
  • Perfect Vision will kick in considering that Culexus will be popping on and off of reality, so after like 3 tries he'll understand the pattern.
So the rest is just Ikki doing his job with all of his abilities.

Not at all, I just proved to myself that the technique in question is as nonsense as a lot of the stuff for Rakudai is sounding at times. So you abuse the fact people can't process all the information their sense give them to fool them into thinking your movements aren't worth concentrating on... yet this works on people that can perfectly deal with all of that information and more. Easily.

Am done, I am not gonna argue nonsense.

Because none of those is enough to say "X person lacks an unconsciousness".

And whether you like them or not they are there, and that's what im arguing Ikki beats Culexus with. The feats you provided are heavily below most things Trackless Step has worked against.

So anything against Senses + Void Step gg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back