• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Iihiko vs a Taken Knight

Both 8-B

Taken Knight with a Void Boomer and a Proximity Shield is used

Fight takes place on the moon

Speed is =

SBA otherwise

Who will take the third spot for the top 5 strongest 8-Bs?

Iihiko Shishime:

Taken Knight: 7

Inconclusive:

but the fight was for a slot in 8-B

Whoops.

Pretty sure the page explains how rhe Taken Blight works, but it's basically just spreading thr corruption of The Darkness, an entity that's far, far above Oryx, the Taken King's "eventually" end. I don't think random taken can directly call on the darkness like Oryx can, but the darkness does speak to everyone who has been taken and it is still a super extreme power. I don't really feel like debating semantics about ihiko's power rn abd whether he actually has feats to resist shit like the Taken Blight, but even assuming he does, pretty surr it can force him to recotnize anyways. He apparently recognizes language, well the darkness speaking to dudes is how 99% are taken. Almost everyone just accepts it of their own free will, because the darkness strips away all your negative emotions and weaknesses. You are made better by the changing blade of the blight, so almost nobody has any reason to even try and fight it. So yeah. Ihiko gets corrupted imo

What? No. Oryx can forcibly take guardians who aren't exactly ones to be taken normally, it just usually doesn't even need to be coercive.

This reminds me of how my parents would tell me to do something and if i said no i'd get kicked to do it. Relatable af

Ok so like is it forced or on understanding? If someone were not to understand it would he be just willy nilly?

You see the list of powers listed under Taking? Oftentimes they don't even have to come into play because the Darkness can just make the victim consent to it via being nice and buffing them. It can still do all that stuff to people who resist, and some people can use it to just flat out destroy people instead of corrupting them.

Buffing them? That's not really what it needs. Because Iihiko needs to "recognize" not "consent". Saying "I will buff you", won't work on Iihiko cus he won't recognize being taken (unless there some High 2-A bullshitery). This sounds like the "let's have a knife fight" so that people agree to it, then you bring up a gun.

He recognizes spoken language and has no real reason to turn down having any negative aspects stripped away from him.

Either 2-A or High 2-A. It's way past every other enemy faction combined. I'm not sure if we can really say people who aren't Oryx have "High 2-A Taking" but iirc the only people who really resist it are people with Light and even then you can die from it when forced to.

I'm just not sure if we say every instance of Taking is like that so for now I'm operating off the assumption that his immunity isn't just crushed by it to see if Knight wins no matter what.

True, which reminds me, sorry for derailing, but are the drafts for the Darkness and the Traveler planned to be made after Shadowkeep?

Or the Darkness can be High 1-B if we take the Hilbert space quotes seriously ovo.

I have no idea.

We actually found a quote that's even more ridiculous than that which would make some people Hypnos (Cthulhu Mythos) level 1-A

Also if we took Taking as 2-A/High 2-A i'd be going for higher slots thatn Ihikos.

Oof that's a bummer, and we probably should take Taking as 2-A/High 2-A. Also can you go to discord for a sec? So that you can answer some questions I have if you can.

Holy shit.

The debate kind of came to a halt because of the uncertainty about the potency of Taking from Taken Knights.

I still think that the potency should be divided between the potency of the bfr and the potency of taking, at least for those that bfr's other's to the darkness. But that's just my opinion.

This match basically comes down to wether lihiko can resist being Taken or not, and the potency of Taking is still not completely decided yet.

Back