• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So, I've finished to read Medaka Box, and this is something I wanted to revise ever since I saw Iihiko's page.

Mountain of Resistances
As many of you know, Iihiko's page ends like this:

"Resistance to Causality Manipulation, Heat Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Memory Manipulation, Power Nullification, Biological Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Elemental Manipulation, Magic, Existence Erasure, Fate Manipulation, Reality Warping, Time Manipulation, Probability Manipulation, Void Manipulation, Gravity Manipulation, Death Manipulation, History Manipulation, Evolution Manipulation, Human Manipulation, Conceptual Manipulation, Mind Reading, Fire Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Power Mimicry, Corrosion Inducement, Power Absorption, Perception Manipulation and many other abilities (None of Medaka's or Ajimu's abilities worked on him)"

Except, Iihiko doesn't really resist them. I'm not talking about not shown or something like that, but that this is for his ability of not letting "skills" reach him, as Zenkichi explicitly states he doesn't actually resists skills after Medaka says that none of her abilities worked on him. This is pretty clear-cut and direct, so let's move to the elephant in the room.

Iihiko's recognitio
The way we've currently considered his power is disastrous as best. Wanked and NLFed to oblivion, with nothing and anything being able to resist said ability, we need to fix this ability. Hell, we aren't even considering it in his P&A section.

First off, this is explicitly a very powerful and peculiar form of Power Nullification. The description the Power Nullification page gives fits Iihiko to a T.

"Power Nullification, or Negation, is the ability to simply nullify the powers and abilities of others, negating their effects. The mechanisms by which this effect is accomplished and their restrictions vary from character to character, but the ability is often limited to a certain type of power, such as supernatural phenomena in general, or magic. In some cases, an ability can only be negated once it's been used or activated, but in others, powers can be nullified before they're even utilized. The effect may be temporary or permanent, and may be restricted by touch, or be something that the user can apply to any ability they see, or within a field that negates any powers within."

I think anyone who has read Medaka Box will realize that this is pretty much Iihiko's ability. Nothing effects him, the "condition" for activating is NOT being recognized by Iihiko, etc. etc. Only part that's different is that it's not really limited to anything but it works on "skills" (or abilities) in general, and that it can also negate AP and Durability. A pretty powerful Power Null, but a Power Null nonetheless.

What exactly is the "scaling chain" of this Power Null (AKA it nulled other power nulls/resistance to power null etc.) can probably be debated later.

Yeah, it's really high level power null, not so much resistance. I agree.

Shouldn't Iihiko have some Resistance Negation too? Since his power null work on minus.

I suppose that this seems to probably make sense.

Anyway, I am too overworked, and get too many constant notifications. I will have to unsubscribe to this thread now.

I have some problems with the OP i will get to them in a sec. I will also push applying NPI on Iihiko for now so i can apply these changes as well. I will respond as soon as im done with Medaka and Kumagawa's profiles.

Ok am done so back to the thread we are.

Removing resistances won't exactly work. I will explain why later as first i need to go over the power nullification.

Power Nullification, well...yes and no. Yes it should be added to him in the form of Negation, because as we decided in the previous thread he can nullify things that don't affect him like non corporeality, speed skills etc.

But him resisting skills is not Power Nullification. And it would be ideal if you would refrain from using the cannon description as the reason Iihiko is not treated as higher dimensional is because we disregarded Iihiko's cannon description for why he ignores skills. So instead of "it doesn't reach him" we did "it doesn't work on him". That would be the closest case.

His subjective immunity would be the best treated as Reactive Evolution and Adaptation (high levels of both), similarly to how we treat Yhwach's immunity to everything he understands. Given that he cannot be hurt the same way twice, and his subjective immunity is similar.

And now that we got that outta the way, ^^ this is why we do not remove the abbudance of resistances. He cannot be hurt the same way twice regardless of whether you force recognition or not. His subjective immunity will never subdue to the same technique twice even if it's a style (which did work the 1st time medaka used it, but he laughed at it the 2nd time). Those resistances are absolute resistances that cannot be removed even if you force recognition, other things that are not there are abilities that would work if they force recognition.

There are 2 more things that i'd like to talk about Iihiko, but idk if we should do it in this thread or another one. It's about "passing the legend" and "his Regenerationn negation level".

I forgot to say @Triforce. Power Erasure is a form of power null (and minus did resist Naze's power null before). So it would indeed negate resistances.

@Fire

Negation = Power Nullification regardless.

The statement about him being higher-Dimensional comes later from Medaka stating that his strenght is "from an another dimension". What they are talking about now is his ability to not recognize stuff, so those resistances need to go away.

It's not reactive evolution, only Adaptation, which I guess is fine.

Wrong. Things don't work twice on him because he stops recognizing them as attacks after the second time. It's still tied to his Power Nullification.

24EFB748-6495-404B-914A-65237A843CD9

That's what im saying. If he has already seen an attack before, it won't work on him a second time.

Similarly since he has seen let's say Causality Manipulation before. Another character who would try to use a type of Causality Manipulation that forces recognition (somehow) it would not work, as he has seen that before and will therefore not recognize it.

Yeah, and I never said that's wrong. But they would still be tied to his Power Nullification, meaning that someone that could bypass that that powernull would be able to hit him two times with the second thing, so those resistances still need to go.

Not tied to his power null though. Tied to his adaption. Him resisting skill is as we said a form of adaption as the skills do activate, and they do work, he just doesn't care. Not reaching is not the same as nulling the powers, as Iihiko is not breaking the powers (unless he wants to), but they are not reaching him, he's not affecting the powers, but the powers cannot affect him.

Get the idea?

If someone would get past this adaptation of his, say with a 4D ability that he cannot addapt to, his resistances would obviously not work as his resistances are 3D. So the ability would just break through.

Nope. As the scan I just posted above says, the reason things don't work on him twice is still for his Power Null.

The abilities of all the +6 worked on him, he just shrugged them of by considering them not an attack, just like the Kurokami Final.

Power Nulls doesn't have those standards though. If we treat everything about him as power null, we'd have to give him a type of power null so specific, people would need feats of resisting a power null this specific to resist his.

Yes he can "not gain" adaptation and only gain a weird power null but it'd be so weird, almost no type of power null resistance would work on him which would create more confusion.

Not really. It's the exact same Power Null, it's just because Iihiko doesn't like not Fresh things he doesn't consider them attacks anymore. It's exactly the same thing, just that now stuff that he would have considered attacks before for reasons now don't work on him anymore.

Anyway, how do we consider Medaka killing Iihiko by ramming into him too hard?

TriforcePower1 said:
Not really. It's the exact same Power Null, it's just because Iihiko doesn't like not Fresh things he doesn't consider them attacks anymore. It's exactly the same thing, just that now stuff that he would have considered attacks before for reasons now don't work on him anymore.
This case looks like Reactive Evolution, to be honest.

Reactive Evolution is the ability to, in response to threats and adverse situations, adapt to grow better capable of dealing with any given issue; this can mean growing to become more resistant to certain methods of attack and certain abilities, developing new powers to better defend one's self, or just becoming more powerful to become an even greater threat.

How exactly? Because the possibilities that come to my mind can easily fall into mental manipulation/biological manipulation/transmutation.

TriforcePower1 said:
Power null works by making the power not usable, not activate or just generally not work. Iihiko's power null is aching to, it works on everything else (unless he decides to power null it all like he did to ajimu and her non corporeality and all her stat amp i guess), BESIDES on him. Nullifying the effects of a power on a specific target while the power still works normally would be bordering on Power Modification.

And again Reactive Evolution or Adaption as Elizhaa is saying would be almost exactly the same

NeoZex6399 said:
How exactly? Because the possibilities that come to my mind can easily fall into mental manipulation/biological manipulation/transmutation.
The ability to manipulate the concept of "human".

Well, I don't have much idea about Medaka Box, I read the manga quite some time ago, but I didn't finish it for things like starting classes and such...

I'll leave this to the experts, adios.

@Fire

Well, I guess it's true that it would be so similar it would change little, but we should still mention that it's still connected to Power Nullification. That also means those resistances need to go away regardless, as they are just a listing of things he nulled, not actual resistances.

Back