• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ihiko and Ajimu and their status of being banned in match ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, don't ban Iihiko again.

I'm trying to have him vs Rimuru Tempest and all the other OP characters on this wiki that rarely get fights because the whole analogy of we can't fight a proper fight with said character because they too OP.

If you click the list of Ajimu's listed skills they all have some sort of explanation next to them

Paul Frank said:
If you click the list of Ajimu's listed skills they all have some sort of explanation next to them
They have 3-5 words explaining them that still leave us with no idea of how the ability would actually end up working in a fight.

Paul Frank said:
I never said a good explanation it's still enough to tell what they do
What does her Ninja Skill "Defending Chance" do?

It says wood element skill so it likely lets her use the element of wood

Its mokuton ovo

If we don't know what an ability is, we just...don't use it. Like we would do with any other character.

What about hanten? His ability os preety broken, why they make threads with lihiko and not with him? He is way more NLF, he is doesn't want to make more abilities because "plot problems"

Yeah but like, can she do anything that any character in all of fiction has ever done with wood manipulation, or can she just infinitely generate twigs with it?

We have no idea what the scale or applicability of her skills are. Just that "it's something to do with wood I guess"

Saikou The Lewd King said:
If we don't know what an ability is, we just...don't use it. Like we would do with any other character.
I Think the real problem about the ban is about Ajimu's tiering, concerning the abilities, we are agree to only use the abilities Ajimu showed/Explained and scale them to Iihiko

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Sure, I agree, but then she only has 11 skills, half of which are useless (one of them lets her count really high, one of them lets her specifically nullify another skill of hers, one of them lets her climb on ceilings). I want to do this for the purposes of determining Iihiko's resistances, but a lot of people would have a problem with giving a character with 12,858,051,967,633,865 skills only 3 that are battle-applicable, and calling any of those matches "notable".

O CARALOHO said:
What about hanten? His ability os preety broken, why they make threads with lihiko and not with him? He is way more NLF, he is doesn't want to make more abilities because "plot problems"
Hanten's banned in matches.

To that I say "Too bad". It's not like having supreme lowballs versions of a character was ground for being banned before (Saitama for a time, AP-wise, or arguably some Touhou characters). Also if abilities can be stuff like "can count real high", I think it's fair to say that not ALL of those abilities would need to be resisted or would be useful at all in combat.

So you're trying to say that out of the 814 skills listed there all of them besides 5 are too vague to be used and only 3 are combat applicable

I have to disagree

Paul Frank said:
So you're trying to say that out of the 814 skills listed there all of them besides 5 are too vague to be used and only 3 are combat applicable

I have to disagree
All but 11 are too vague. Parasite Seeing, Alibi Block, Life Zero, and Five Focus are her combat applicable skills out of those 11.

Also I've changed my position slightly. I understand why Ajimu is banned and have no problem with those reasons for banning her, but I also now understand why some people (Saikou) think Ajimu should just be unbanned and be lowballed.

So I'm neutral on Ajimu being banned, and still think Iihiko should stay unbanned.

Before this becomes a complete necro, we know some things about about the totality of her powers, such as the following:

She has no "Kill Iihiko Shishime Skill," or he's resistant to that, as well.

She has some way around Irreversible Destruction, but not one that's combat applicable.

Almost none of them are passive.

Well, it's more likely that she pulls a Medaka and keeps her otherwise passive abilities restrained. In fact, we already know she has the ability to negate her own abilities

How do we know she has a way around Irreversible Destruction that isn't combat applicable?

Her powers wouldn't be broken because they don't work in the first place.

Well, the consensus seems to be to allow Iihiko but keep Najimi disallowed then.

The God Of Procrastination said:
Hopefully, I will eventually finish this.
Looking good, I've left a comment on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back