• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ihiko and Ajimu and their status of being banned in match ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently after some revisions for Ihiko, people started using him in match-ups again. Ihiko's ability is inherently NLF due to resisting the quadrillions of abilities of Ajimu (Who is banned from matches under my understanding) the threads people have put him in where kinda pointless and all stomps.

Just looking to get a consensus to if people want Ihiko banned from matches as well or not.

this has turned into somewhat of a 'Should Ajimu be allowed in matches as well'

Agree: Antvasima

Disagree: PsychoWarper

Disagree/think Ajimu should be allowed as well: Paul Frank, Saikou The Lewd King

Neutral: The Causality

No there are matchups for him that can be good so far though people have just put him against people who he doesn't mesh well with

Yeah but we don't even really know how many abilities he has resistance to due to not knowing the extent of Ajimu's. It just seems like a NLF waiting to happen in every thread.

An ability can't be "NLF" by itself. The Fallacy comes when people act like the ability has no limits.

It's just a character with lots of resistance. Shouldn't be banned.

He has resistances to Ajimu's quadrillions of undefined abilities. How isn't that NLF? If Ajimu is banned Ihiko should be banned. If Ihiko is allowed in matches then Ajimu should be as well.

You can literally just say 'oh Ajimu has that ability so Ihiko resists it' in pretty much any thread he is in.

"An ability can't be "NLF" by itself."

-Me literal minutes ago

An NLF is a faulty argument, not a state of being for an ability/character. We just treat him like we treat any other character: giving him the resistances he has shown or been implied to possess, nothing more, nothing less.

It's not 'an ability' it's his entire character. So you agree with Ajimu being allowed in matches then? you could argue the same reasons for allowing her in matches.

Ant is going to have an aneurism if people actually want to give Ajimu a tier lol. Last time someone made that CRT he was not happy.

I know he will last time I said she could be tier'd based on either surviving the big bang, blowing up the star, any other feat, or just scaling from medaka he closed the thread

I dont know about Ajimu but I dont think Iihiko should be banned as hes no different from any character with broken powers and abilities (say any smurf) we just have to be careful about people NLFing his power (like many characters).

Lihiko is Resistant to the Quadrillion of Abilities of Ajimu, if we ban Ajimu via lolNLF then Lihiko should be banned because we don't know the scale and the abilities he resist which can be interpreted as NLF.

Solution i can see is Allow Ajimu to have battles but only with the Abilities she showed, in this way, Lihiko should be resistant to the abilities Ajimu showed. all Ajimu's abilities have a description so Lowball her a bit is a good thing (I can Maybe make a blog about Najimi's abilities too)

Yes we should tier her based on medaka then give her the skills she has actually used. There is a list of them somewhere with explanations of most of then

Ajimu Najimi definitely shouldn't be allowed in versus matches. She is the very definition of a completely inconsistent unknown with extremely ill-defined and contradictory power levels.

In addition, any versus matches involving her and Iihiko seem to deteriorate and include massive amounts of severe exaggerations and speculation.

Medaka says Ajimu is straight up superior to her

She should at least be relative to medaka and Iihiko ontop of this she has a lost of defined and named skills so we use those few instead of speculating

Isn't the issue that if you give her a 8-B possibly 5-C tier physically aren't you low-balling the **** out of her from the fact that she controls/isn't effected at all by all fiction?

Najimi's feat could place her anywhere from tier 8-B to 1-B. Any threads involving her will be filled with people who support anything in-between. That makes it impossible to hold a proper versus discussion involving her.

I think personally if Ajimu is banned then Ihiko should be as well and the reverse should also be true though. If Ihiko is allowed then so should Ajimu for the same reasons.

Or we just tier her as follows

If we ignore the big bang and star feats then it would be something like

8-B possibly/likely 5-C likely far higher

I completely agree with Ant here. We've pushed "tiering Ajimu" FAR too many times and i've been responsable for some of those. It's just not gonna happen unless some miracle scaling feat appears in any of the Misogi novels if anyone can get their hands on it.

About Iihiko being banned. I don't rly think he should. His ability is really similar to something like Yhwach for example. He doesn't recognize it, he's resistant to it/it doesn't work on him. As long as it doesn't got beyond 4D anything should be fair game. Again his ability isn't anything unfathomable. He seems pretty fine to me.

I would like to raise the possibility of Iihiko perhaps being restricted to matches that don't push the NLF button on his abilities. While it would be theoretically possible to do something like this for Ajimu, the qualifications for that would be far more limited and not worth it, but I think Iihiko would be manageable. We have had fine Iihiko matches, but it's usually when people are actively avoiding putting him in a situation that would become toxic, such as restricting MiH ultimate while leaving the other powers because no one wants to deal with Iihiko and low 2-C powers. Basically, let's just put a note on the profile that says to not place this character against characters that are too potent, since it can quickly go into a shit show

Again Ajimu has a list of her 500ish named skills and what they do it wouldn't be hard to use her in versus matches with only those if she is tiered

Make it a rule that if you put Iihiko against any Masada character you get banned ovo

I think what Iap said might work and is probably the best opinion at the moment, we can see how it works and if it doesnt then we can reevaluate the situation.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
We have had fine Iihiko matches, but it's usually when people are actively avoiding putting him in a situation that would become toxic, such as restricting MiH ultimate while leaving the other powers because no one wants to deal with Iihiko and low 2-C powers. Basically, let's just put a note on the profile that says to not place this character against characters that are too potent, since it can quickly go into a shit show
Well the thing is that's no different from what we've been doing with treating everything Iihiko has as 3D, and he cannot touch anything 4D. I don't feel like there needs to be a note though.

She isn't possible to tier, as she is all hype from walls of text.

Iihiko: Don't ban. Ajimu: Stay banned.

I'm kind of torn on how to treat Iihiko's subjective immunity. Between the camps of treating it like "Only has resistance to things he's shown resistance to, but gains resistance after an ability's used on him once" and treating it like "Has resistance to every single ability that doesn't force recognition".

I think I'm slightly in favor of the prior since it seems like a less-NLF argument and doesn't create as much of a shitshow as the latter interpretation. But I'd also note to not necessarily give Iihiko resistance to every named Ajimu ability, only the ones that we've seen in action or had voiced descriptions of (like how she described Life Zero by itself, rather than it being part of a wall of text).

This is because one of the main problems with Ajimu is her abilities, and how they can be mixed, matched, and misinterpreted to give her 1-A or insanely broken abilities from a simple wall of text. How the **** are we supposed to treat a "Become God Skill" or a "Control Infinity Skill" in a vsbattle? Even if she stays at Unknown battles with her still have huge problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back