• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
There should be a few more characters in the "Iconic Characters" catagory. Obviously it's very exclusive, but I feel like the characters listed below probably should be there.

Jotaro Kujo: Mascot of a manga almost as influental, if not more so, then Dragon Ball in Japan. While it's worldwide influence is much less then it's influence in Japan, it's still very much there (I mean really, there's an American Comic book ripoff of it for pete's sake).

Slenderma (No clue what version it would be): Basically put creepypastas, as well as indie horror games, into the mainstream. If multiple were to be added, only the "official" ones would, of course.

I don't think Jotaro is notable enough to be considered Iconic.

Casper on the other hand, defiantly is.

I think Finn the Human might count as an iconic character. One of the most popular cartoons of the last decade, which lasted for nearly a decade, with street art depictions of him being pretty common all over the world apparently.

Alright then. Dio probably should be an iconic instead of Jotaro. And Casper probably should be there too (I mean, The Flying Dutchma is there. I'd bet a lot that more people have heard of Casper then the flying dutchman.) What about Slender?

Just added Casper the the Iconic Characters tag.

Man, that page is more popular than Mickey Mouse´s page for some reason.

I feel like we should make a maximum number of pages that can have this tag at any one given time, otherwise more and more characters will be added and ultimatly make it meaningless.

Honestly it should also have a one per franchise rule because right now it is overwhelmed with comic characters and multiple versions of the same character, making it quite cluttered

Darkanine said:
I think Finn the Human might count as an iconic character. One of the most popular cartoons of the last decade, which lasted for nearly a decade, with street art depictions of him being pretty common all over the world apparently.
If this counts then Steve also counts for it.

Zark2099 said:
Honestly it should also have a one per franchise rule because right now it is overwhelmed with comic characters and multiple versions of the same character, making it quite cluttered
What about series like Tom & Jerry? In that place both of the main characters are as popular as the other.

Ogbunabali said:
I think he was talking about the 20 Gokus and 15 Supermans.
In that case, I do agree. I think 1 incarnation per character is a good limit (though some exceptions may apply).

Edit: And yeah, I think Conan Edogawa is iconic enough. His fandom in Asia is pretty huge.

Tbh, as non-native speaker, I didn't know who Luke Skywalker was until two or three years back

Back