• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I wanted to just quickly ask this.

Back in dragonball goku moved fast enough to grab shades and go back into the arena during solar flare. Wouldn't that make him FTL already since being a child?

Is there some reasoning why it wasn't used or why it's not a ftl feat?
Goku FTL as a Kid 1
Goku FTL as a Kid 2
Goku FTL as a Kid 3

I'm new to this site btw, I don't know if I'm allowed to post multiple images at once in the original post...

I don't think Solar Flare is actually light speed, considering it has hit faster opponents before, it likely just scales to their actual attack speed

Even if it was Light Speed, kid goku was blitzed by Tao Pai Pai somewhat before that feat. And Tao is supersonic at best iirc.

Ah ok, tyvm for the reply. But didn't Tao dislike using Jets because they were "too slow" are you sure he was just supersonic?

As Warren said goku known about the technique from tien's fight with roshi and thus prepared for it with one thought in mind to grab the sunglasses and return to his spot faster than tien could see,

I wouldn't call it an outlier but I'd at least qualify it for Massively Hypersonic if not FTL consideration goku couldn't go too early or else tien would've seen the sunglasses and not charged in, if he gone too late he would've been blinded. Low End, he'd have to go in the instant tien was about to start emitting light to grab the sunglasses and return to the spot while the flash of light was occuring. High end, move during the flash of light to grab the sunglasses and return since tien isn't able to see through solare flare.

(By tien is not able to see through solar flare, I mean while solar flare is going on he isn't being blinded by it but on the outside it should have appeared like a "sea of white" if that makes sense. So until it's completed he breifly does not know the situation that's a slight distance away from him.)

And I don't think it's outlier because goku during the tourney was proving that he does make calculations during combat and was holding back when needed to thus saving energy. I would say he was easily banking on tien using solar flare and prepared to move in an instant to catch tien off-guard.

That's my opinion on it.

Also is roshi destroying the moon really an outlier? He has been holding back for quite some time. He even felt fine enough to let tien take goku on thinking he was strong enough to do the work for him and forfeited the tourney.

It's an outlier fir then, because in dragon ball he wasnt holding back, that was his maximum effort, see piccolo.

But it doesn't matter, he's far above that due to off screen training now.

Oh yea I forgot demon king pickles...

Edit: Although isn't it a difference in speed considering he could easily charge up vs the stationary moon instead of pickles who was quite fast and lethal.

Not how that works in dragon ball, why would his kamehaneha be a trillion times stronger than his other attacks? And piccolo is above him in every way, ki attacks too, if Roshi dud it so could he, but he can't, And he could be offed by far weaker things, stuff in the megaton range. .

EcchiOtakuTM
I consider it an outlier because later when Goku was training with Mr. Popo, he was training to dodge lighting, which is slower than Light.

And Master Roshi's Moon feat is an outlier because King Piccolo, who was obviously much stronger than Roshi, is only City Level, and destroying a city in a single blast had every Z-Fighter ******** their pants.

Warren Valion
I consider it an outlier because later when Goku was training with Mr. Popo, he was training to dodge lighting, which is slower than Light.

Sorry to ask for more work, but can you tell me the chapter for that? Because depending on the output source lightning doesn't stay at it's well known speed, higher outputs makes electricity faster from what I HEAR at least.

Also if that's the case then I wouldn't say it makes it an outlier but moreso disqualifies it being anything more than massively hypersonic.

Not to mention it was on ground, for only a moment, I'm not saying kid goku was 100% always FTL but just for a short burst.

EcchiOtakuTM
From what I remember, lighting is realtive to Light, but not faster than it.

And I looked it up, and found out it was just an anime filler so it doesn't even matter.

My memory must be faulty or something.

The point still stands that Goku has never displayed speed at Massively Hypersonic levels or beyond in Dragon Ball.

You can look at the Son_Goku_(Teenager) page, and check out his speed.

Not to mention that Tien closes his eyes when he shouts Solar Flare, and only Tien was shown to be able to track Goku's movements, so Goku did have some more time then you are suggesting he did to move to Roshi and take his glasses.

Sadly for some strange reason I can only find a color version but as you can see, he never closed any of his eyes. Even his third eye is open.

Not to mention in the scans of the original post, his eyes were not closed either so I do not think he closed his eyes at all. I am not suggesting less time than he had, nor do I see any time he were to close his eyes. And I do not feel it's an outlier, in short enough burst and a one track mind of what's needed to be done I don't think it's unlikely that he could move massively hypersonic if not FTL.

And It's because of his profile why I made this, I do not think his teen profile is accurate speed-wise.

Kid Goku FTL Solar Flare 1
Kid Goku FTL Solar Flare 2

I need a nap and then I need to re-read and re-watch Dragon Ball because I am losing my memory.

Maybe I can concede that Goku is Hypersonic in short bursts.

Back