• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I Make a Slightly Better Match Than Oryx vs Emps (Oryx, the Taken King vs Goetia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The file just now became usable, so probably. He stomps far too many people in key 2 but key 1 is more viable.

So, what does Goteia have on Oryx's defensive capabilities, first if all?

Wokistan said:
The file just now became usable, so probably. He stomps far too many people in key 2 but key 1 is more viable.
So, what does Goteia have on Oryx's defensive capabilities, first if all?
he looks at you and your mind and soul get ******

can destroy an area across all of time

can use literally any and all magic in Fate

Nega-Summon is probably passive power null

can see the past, future and all alternate possibilities at once

probably missed some stuff but that's what i remember

Oryx has great mental resistance and his soul is in a different universe and resists everything he does.

So can the Gorgons. Didn't stop his ascendant self, and that's what he rezzes from. He also has type 4 acausality.

I don't know fate lol

Oryx resists that.

So can the Vex, excluding some dudes like Oryx. Type 4 acausality and resistance to precog OP

>Me *summons WHYNAUT all the time*

>WHYNAUT *gets mad*

>also Me *doesn't summon WHYNAUT one time*

>also WHYNAUT *distant screeching*

Well, since Goetia lacks resistances, I guess Oryx Takes.

Also looking at the file, even material Oryx seems to resist literally everything except concept manip. Even if he didn't resist the power null, the stuff he does isn't exactly wielded by humans (Excluding the Player Character during the raid).

Just looked talked it over with the folks in the nasu thread and it turns out that Goetia has so many resistances from his negasummon that we can't list them all. A more brief version is gonna get added soon tho

Lol. I just went ahead and briefly summerised it as a resistence to every ability held by a servant in the throne of heroes. There we go. We can now continue. So what abilities were in question of him resisting? We will need to dive into the servant list to find if one of them has said ability

The question was whether he resists law manipulation, conceptual manipulation, reality warping, mind manipulation, existence erasure, body puppertry and possession.

Law Manip: Debatable but he probably doesn't resist

Concept Manip: He resists, many servants use conceptual weaponry/attacks

Reality Warping: He resists

Mind Manip: He resists

EE: He most likely resists

Body Puppetry: I think he resists

Possession: I think he resists

I mean, at what level does he resist all of those, because you know that Oryx has them all at a pretty high level even in his material form.

Oryx has overpowered resistances before so that's why I would like to know how impressive those of Goetia are.

@Shiro:

It's kinda of like Powernull but it has more to it. According to his translated mats from Beast Lair (place where fans of Type Moon are dedicated to TL'ing anything in it like Fate as well as just conversing whatever and such), it states as follows (some spacing is involved here).

"Nega Summon: EX

Negates and completely demolish attacks from Servants.

Complete cancellation (invalidation, invincible, absorption, reduction) of symbols of Heroic Spirits, the Noble Phantasms.... saves for one exception.

In FateGO, thanks to that one "exception", the rank of the skill is heavily demoted.
"

That's basically what his mats state, yes. Essentially, this means everyone including the likes of Gilgamesh, Karna, Medea, EMIYA, Cu Chulainn, whoever you may be most familiar with in Fate that you heard of at least once aren't able to do jack to Goetia when he has this skill.

If Oryx's abilities are greater than what any of the above Servants (and that's just a small handful of the ones that appeared in FGO at the time of Goetia's encounter), then probably not.

I seriously thought a while back that this wasn't fair and even rn, I'm not sure if Goetia has anyway of killing or even incapacitating Oryx with that kind of regen the latters got. Curse doesn't help and his soul ripping stare doesn't work going by Woki's comment so obviously that's moot to hell and back.

I got nothing so unless any other Fate supporters come around, Goetia just doesn't have a lot of options here from what I've seen of Oryx's page (if only briefly but that's cuz it's late and kinda not in the right mind to read any of his stuff). Goetia's Nega-Summon may allow him to resist some degree but even if it does, it's just a matter of time before he gets overwhelmed by Oryx's abilities in the long run.

Okay I took a longer than second look at Oryx's page and I have to say, he's 99.9999% of the time going to overpower if not stomp Goetia.

I just don't, again, see anything Goetia can even do that can even overturn this in anyway in the slightest in his favor here.

Let's wait for other fate supporters before calling it a stomp, but yeah, Oryx probable Takes this decisively if it isn't a stomp.

For the record, I quickly searched a bit about how much resistance Goetia has and eh, not much than I thought.

Resistance to Statistics Reduction, Information Analysis, Spatial Manipulation, Time Manipulation, Absorption, Power Absorption, Power Mimicry, Sound Manipulation, Precognition, Probability Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, Transmutation, Attack Reflection, Conceptual Manipulation, Death Manipulation, Curse Manipulation, Existence Erasure, Resistance Negation, Mind Manipulation, Law Manipulation, Blood Manipulation, Corruption, Morality Manipulation, Clairvoyance, Information Manipulation, Reality Warping, Energy Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Air Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, Petrification, Electricity Manipulation, One Hit Kill, Power Nullification, Plant Manipulation, Causality Manipulation, BFR, Vibration Manipulation, Homing Attack, Chain Manipulation, Light Manipulation, Matter Manipulation, Chi Manipulation, Memory Manipulation, Illusion Creation, Life Manipulation, Gravity Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Status Effect Inducement, Bone Manipulation, Dream Manipulation, Pain Manipulation, Possession, Telepathy, Fear Manipulation, Age Manipulation, Plot Manipulation, Sealing, Higher-Dimensional Manipulation, Chaos Manipulation, Data Manipulation, Water Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Biological Manipulation, Holy Manipulation, Explosion Manipulation, Magic, Sleep Manipulation, Technological Manipulation, Earth Manipulation, Physics Manipulation, Void Manipulation, Weather Manipulation, Disease Manipulation, Aura, Heat Manipulation, Telekinesis, Paralysis Inducement, Extrasensory Perception, Vector Manipulation and Size Manipulation.

One thing both have in common is their massive amount of resistances.Where does the law resistance comes from?Which servant has it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back