• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I already made mention that I think the OP proposals seem good

I'm reviving this thread with an important addition.

Something I've been suspecting for a while has been confirmed recently. Guardian power levels canonically vary even for individual Guardians. This has been implied before and would also explain away some situations that seemed like inconsistencies before. However, as shown by the feats that give them their current ratings, Guardians do seem capable of performing on specific levels pretty consistently. The second image also makes it clear that general gaps in power between Guardians very much do exist. This is a straightforward example of that. For most Guardians there's not a clear starting tier, so we'd only list their higher ends.
mfcXVGo.jpeg
g2yLF4B.jpeg
The relevant quotes:

"Guardians insist on treating ‘power' as a monotonically increasing value with a single dimension. Guardians will casually create ordinal ranks of the ‘power’ of their comrades when, in truth (but not in fact—Light is not constrained by facts) capability with the Light is not only a multifactor landscape but strongly and stochastically influenced by circumstantial, personal, and esoteric variables. The Light is, by definition, paracausal and obeys a logic different from physical concepts like charge, heat, or angular momentum. Any analogy to these physical measurements of power' will fail to capture the true efficacy of a Guardian."

"IKO-006 ranks in the upper fraction of the 99th percentile of assessed Warlocks on most available metrics of precision, restraint, and raw power. She is, in simplistic terms, a fifth sigma Guardian: 1 in 3.5 million. Given that millions of Guardians have been activated over the centuries since the Collapse, and assuming that performance of Guardians on these metrics is normally distributed, we would expect about ten Guardians of similar power to have existed."

So my proposal is that all Guardians get a Varies tier while listing their current ratings as their peak. E.g. "Varies, up to at least 5-C, likely 4-B" or "Varies, up to Massively Hypersonic+" for their speed.
I am referring to this.

Stopped getting notifications for this thread. If everyone is fine with additions then it's fine to add. I still believe the VoG is still just At Least 2-C but with the verse having a good bit more evidence of having a cosmology that follows string theory than I initially thought, that could probably tackled another day and may even result in a far higher tier.

Something I've been suspecting for a while has been confirmed recently. Guardian power levels canonically vary even for individual Guardians. This has been implied before and would also explain away some situations that seemed like inconsistencies before. However, as shown by the feats that give them their current ratings, Guardians do seem capable of performing on specific levels pretty consistently. The second image also makes it clear that general gaps in power between Guardians very much do exist. This is a straightforward example of that. For most Guardians there's not a clear starting tier, so we'd only list their higher ends.
mfcXVGo.jpeg
g2yLF4B.jpeg
The relevant quotes:

"Guardians insist on treating ‘power' as a monotonically increasing value with a single dimension. Guardians will casually create ordinal ranks of the ‘power’ of their comrades when, in truth (but not in fact—Light is not constrained by facts) capability with the Light is not only a multifactor landscape but strongly and stochastically influenced by circumstantial, personal, and esoteric variables. The Light is, by definition, paracausal and obeys a logic different from physical concepts like charge, heat, or angular momentum. Any analogy to these physical measurements of power' will fail to capture the true efficacy of a Guardian."

"IKO-006 ranks in the upper fraction of the 99th percentile of assessed Warlocks on most available metrics of precision, restraint, and raw power. She is, in simplistic terms, a fifth sigma Guardian: 1 in 3.5 million. Given that millions of Guardians have been activated over the centuries since the Collapse, and assuming that performance of Guardians on these metrics is normally distributed, we would expect about ten Guardians of similar power to have existed."

So my proposal is that all Guardians get a Varies tier while listing their current ratings as their peak. E.g. "Varies, up to at least 5-C, likely 4-B" or "Varies, up to Massively Hypersonic+" for their speed.
This makes sense to me

mfcXVGo.jpeg
g2yLF4B.jpeg
The relevant quotes:

Looks good to me

Thank you. The new suggestions also seem to have been accepted then.

It is a solid confirmation of the different degrees of strength Guardians can possess (and of Ikora's overall potential), so I agree.

@Antvasima

Only a few profiles still need to be added, but the ones with the most changes are done. Oryx's page will have to be unlocked later on though.

Sorry for the late response. I've been to busy playing Destiny to work on it on the wiki.

Okay. No problem and thank you for helping out.

Tell me here when you need profile pages unlocked.

Back