• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I have a question about Hulk power-scalling.

Why Sakaar Hulk and post Saakar (they might be the same however) are power scalling from Post awakening Thor, Surtur and even Thanos ? Base Thor was able to trade blows and even damage him so why Hulk is large country level and base Thor just mountain ?

Hulk withstood attacks from awakened Thor. He is not as powerful, but not outclassed either.

And Base Thor withstood attacks from sakaar Hulk and even hurt him sometimes. So, why Hulk scales from Thor but base Thor don't scale from sakaar Hulk ?

You have a point, but it was probably an inconsistency in the storytelling. The Hulk is supposed to be weaker than Thor, but not overwhelmingly so.

Well, as far as I understand, it would have created unreliable scaling chains to other characters, but I may misremember.

You can use the Marvel Cinematic Universe page to find staff members to ask to comment here.

I don't think it's unnecessary but deriving an exact value seems wrong. I am not totally opposed to "higher with rage" as with the usual Hulk mantra.

I know bumping an old thread isnt the best, but also creating a new one for an existing one alreafy seems unnecessary

Anyways, I also wanted to bring this point Hulk really lacks any feat to warrant his High 6-B rating(s). First, his fight with Thor in Ragnarok: he is matched and briefly overpowered by base Thor and is absolute no match for his awakened form. His fight with fenris doesn't add anything since fenrir herself scales from Hulk. And staggering Surtur... C'mon, Spidey staggered Thanos Speaking of Thanos, maybe that's only feat Hulk has close to High 6-B, but even then, basically everyone could harm Thanos like that (To in favor of the Hulk, the fact that they believed thay he could do better vs Thanos than Thor says something)

Even in Endgame, Hulk says he can survive the snap because he absorbs Gamma radiation (But he also says he is the strongest there... Again, Iron Man did better than him against Thanos so...)

What do you think?

Hulk is apparently not really supposed to be inferior to Thor in terms of raw power in Endgame. He simply lacks in skill.

The writers also stated that the reason why he lost to Thanos is that the latter is an experienced fighter, whereas the Hulk is not. Thanos also had the power gem at the time. The fact that he was able to handle the power of the Infinity Gauntlet as well as Thanos did (both lost an arm for a similar feat) underlines this.

He was also able to withstand hits from awakened Thor, and knocked him unconscious after the obedience collar zapped Thor.

The main flaw is High 6-B thor duability feat. THe biggest error is size of a so called Neutron star. That "Star" is not 10km in diameter. Why? Compare the size of a beam and size of the hole on those rings through which beam came through.

Thor wasn't full awakened on Sakaar, he was just getting a glimpse of his true power, and only against Hela he managed to full unlock it

Hulk was completely stomped by Thanos and was a joke to Surtur

I think that Thor unlocked his full power, but only temporarily, and Hulk was treated as being physically superior to Thor and comparable to Thanos in Endgame.

Well, It's possible

He being more durable than Thor might be because he is a Stonewall ? It's possible, AP wise we only have Hulk trying to fight High 6-Bs but getting stomped (Surtur and Thanos), the only exception is a maybe* Awakened Thor on Sakaar, and he only tanked attacks from him

It was stated and proven that Hulk is stronger than Thor, and comparable to Thanos in terms of raw power, but that he sucks in terms of fighting skill.

If you look at Endgame, both Hulk and Thor are not at their peak. And neither is Tony Stark given 5 years of retirement. Even Captain America is weaker, as he loses to his 2012 self.

Hulk stronger than Thor? He got rekt by base Thor and Awakened Thor after 2 years fighting in Saakar. He only uses the infinity gauntlet because gamma energy.

Thanos is far above all avengers in terms of durability, he use the IG in two different ocassions and survived.

@Matthew

Good point.

Nevertheless, I think that Hulk has enough feats to keep his current rating.

Antvasima said:
The fact that he was able to handle the power of the Infinity Gauntlet as well as Thanos did (both lost an arm for a similar feat) underlines this.
He was also able to withstand hits from awakened Thor, and knocked him unconscious after the obedience collar zapped Thor.
That was only because of his Gamma Radiation absorption (He said that)

Didn't he only took just a few hits? Also, that can just be pis (The plot won't kill Hulk there)

AidenBrooks999 said:
That was only because of his Gamma Radiation absorption (He said that)

Didn't he only took just a few hits? Also, that can just be pis (The plot won't kill Hulk there)
Hulk almost died when he take the gauntlet and used it, Thanos used the completed gauntlet two times.

When he killed half of the universe and other when destroyed all infinity stones.

Well, he was mostly undamaged by both Thor and Thanos, so I would say that he is weaker, but not so much weaker that it should warrant a lower tier.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I definitely think that Professor Hulk isn't Tier 6. Unless you want to argue that Giant Man is stronger than Thor.
How so? Giant man didn't do anything overly impressive to warrant comparing him to either the Hulk or Thor afaik

Ant man have a good feat of smashing a leviathan, but I dont think that he is above Hulk level.

Back