• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
WeeklyBattles said:
@Hellbeast Thats only one part of the problem. Another one is that over half of the powers on Godzilla's profile are so obscure that they cant even be properly sourced
If they can't be sourced then remove them, it's what we do for other pages

If they can't be sourced then remove them, it's what we do for other pages

Exactly. There's legit no reason to just remove the page and not just the powers.

Yeah I'm gonna be the devil's advocate here and say that if people hold issues with the abilities on a page we should treat it the same as any other page and remove unreliable abilities (or look for sources if we've got knowledgeable members) instead of just shouting "WANK" and deleting the profile.

Totallynotchewbacca said:
my argument was less that it was wank and more it doesn't qualify for the composite
I realize, I'm more referring to the multiple statements above regarding fan translations and such.

To discuss the validity of Godzilla as a composite profile:

"Composite profiles should generally only be given to extremely prominent well-known characters with multiple incarnations, and these should only go by their own highest statistics. That means that external weapons and power-sources, that are not a normal part of their arsenal, should be excluded."

External power sources, as far as I know, are present on Godzilla's profile. That said, Godzilla is an extremely prominent character, has multiple incarnations, and the profile uses the highest statistics of the character on-site. I really don't know what regulations you refer to that it isn't fitting- Godzilla pretty much fits our rules for being a Composite, methinks.

@Bambu Godzilla having a composite profile is just as controversial as if not MORE controversial than allowing a composite superman profile

My biggest issue with Composite Godzilla is there's literally no way to understand how it would fight, what it would look like, how it would behave, etc.

Kiryu2012 said:
My biggest issue with Composite Godzilla is there's literally no way to understand how it would fight, what it would look like, how it would behave, etc.
I sort of agree. Though, I still feel deleting the profile is a bit unsanitary.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Bambu Godzilla having a composite profile is just as controversial as if not MORE controversial than allowing a composite superman profile
Proof?

alot of wank

too much

People take obscure asf manga noones ever seen, photoshop some text, and uses it to upgrade him

Edwardtruong2006 said:
alot of wank

too much

People take obscure asf manga noones ever seen, photoshop some text, and uses it to upgrade him
Those mangas are well known in Godzilla fandom. lol

You just need to look for them on forums.

TBF, talking about feats and characters from things noone has ever seen might as well be our moto.

"Hey, is your favorite character strong? Welp, it's still probably not as strong as this random ass school girl from some obscure japanese visual novel. Hope you enjoy watching your dreams get crushed as generic anime girl #4 uses her omniversal powers to absolutely annihilate all you love."

Proof?

Considering people have legitimately tried to use fan manga to try to upgrade Godzilla and have constantly bothered authors to get specific WoG statements out of them, some to the point of having them delete their personal art pages, and even started photoshopping scans to try to wank Godzilla, i'd say its plenty controversial. That on top of over half the powers on the page being exteemely obscure poorly fan translated sources that are often so vague that they cant even be properly backed sourced other than by the word of those who try to use them in the first place.

Jared1111 said:
TBF, talking about feats and characters from things noone has ever seen might as well be our moto.
"Hey, is your favorite character strong? Welp, it's still probably not as strong as this random ass school girl from some obscure japanese visual novel. Hope you enjoy watching your dreams get crushed as generic anime girl #4 uses her omniversal powers to absolutely annihilate all you love."
You´re talking about this?

I usually just see people saying that Godzilla is just city level and maybe planet level sometimes meanwhile I've seen people saying that New 52 Superman is Universal

Genericstickman said:
I usually just see people saying that Godzilla is just city level and maybe planet level sometimes meanwhile I've seen people saying that New 52 Superman is Universal
The problem about composite Superman (in terms of power)... is this

People tried to use obviously vandalized Bobobo stuff to upgrade him. Bloodborne was High 4-C based on a feat that didn't even exist for years. As long as we're not blood stupid about the feats and check the validity, we're fine.

Bobsican said:
The problem about composite Superman (in terms of power)... is this
Well some people could argue that, that doesn't count as Superman, but even then he would still scale to Strange Visitor who is High 2-A.

That, and honestly compositing Cosmic Armor Superman would be a waste... like what would we even add to upgrade his stats? He's 1-A basically already.

To make him the "broad" point of view of Superman in the wiki.

Also, he is only "likely" 1-A, so him being a haxed High 1-B would likely put Warhammer 40k to shame.

Mr. Bambu said:
People tried to use obviously vandalized Bobobo stuff to upgrade him. Bloodborne was High 4-C based on a feat that didn't even exist for years. As long as we're not blood stupid about the feats and check the validity, we're fine.
Not sure what youre talking about for Bloodborne, but the problem with Godzilla is for a LOT of the information on the profile it is impossible to check validity as the sources are so obscure it makes them nearly impossible to find

I am sure you don't.

Not really? We have a fair few Japanese speakers on the site that seem very intent on helping the wiki, and such a notable profile could surely get some attention.

Plus if what people say above is true, it isn't obscure in Japan- since Godzilla sorta kinda comes from Japan, this isn't surprising.

I support the profile because we need High 1-A Godzilla via killing Yog-Sothoth

I don't think we can really say the sources being in Japanese is an issue if we don't want to delete stuff like the masadaverse and a bunch of other VNs.

Not really sure how I feel about the profile though, in all seriousness.

>Sees thread

>Sees people claiming against Composite characters

>Laughs nervously after everything I did to make the CRT of Scooby Doo characters

Welp, time to hit the old sad bus

Well, all the profile really needs is a note not to use WoG or fake scans and we're good. So I hope we've agreed NOT to delete the profile.

Back