• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Considering people have legitimately tried to use fan manga to try to upgrade Godzilla and have constantly bothered authors to get specific WoG statements out of them and even started photoshopping scans to try to wank Godzilla, i'd say its plenty controversial

I will gladly post proof if you'd like

tfw Weekly spends a heck ton of a time fixing the profile then proceeds to have it oofed

Anyways as much as I hate to see Composite G go, it probably has to... maybe we can save the source code and put it on JBW or something.

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
But Bond doesn´t have a strict canon, using games, reboots, etc as one character iirc. Also it doesn´t seem to be a true composite as it has 9-C tier for scaling to weaker bonds instead of just being 9-B.
That's pretty much it for Bond. It's not a true composite per se it's more of a mash-up because the character has so many different mediums it belongs to while all being just as important as each other. Which is probably what Fleming would of wanted honestly since he had no issues with older writers writing little comic bits for the character while he was still alive.

@Weekly Note: This is a composite profile utilizing Jason's appearances in supplementary media such as comics and all his movie appearances.

Straight from Jason's page.

@Totally Fair point but witht that in mind what makes James Bond qualify for composite. There's a very clear difference between say the video games of Connery's Bond and the Daniel Craig canon.

There's also the fact that Composite Godzilla is an insanely popular concept on Battleboards across the internet. Seems irrelevant but do note this is why Composite Human was allowed to remain onsite even after Matt snapped and the Composite pages vanished.

So I'm probably gonna regret this, but Link's different for what reasons? Is it the multi-incarnate, same canon with the same authors bit?

WeeklyBattles said:
Considering people have legitimately tried to use fan manga to try to upgrade Godzilla and have constantly bothered authors to get specific WoG statements out of them and even started photoshopping scans to try to wank Godzilla, i'd say its plenty controversial
I will gladly post proof if you'd like
You mean the stuff like Godzilla beating up Yog-Sothoth? If so, go ahead.

Eh, TBH i´m neutral on this.

@Hellbeast Its not a true composite profile its just all of his incarnations on one page, it it were true composite it'd just be Jason Voorhees (Mortal Kombat) with extra powers

Doesn't change the fact it's referred to as such and it includes sources with debatable canonicity such as the comics

Hellbeast1 said:
Doesn't change the fact it's referred to as such and it includes sources with debatable canonicity such as the comics
I guess the main issue is that the comics canonicity is debateable so make a CRT for that if you like

Link shouldn't die, it's canon he reincarnates every time and Link is just a composite version of all those incarnations

@Total, Destroyer of Dreams

Might do that (I do feel though that a much broader conversation on how wwe handle composite profiles on this website is required tho since this affects many profiles)

@Weekly Egregious wanking yes but we hardly use that as a reason to get rid of other profiles. For example, look at how many times 3-A Dante has been a subject of debate and how long it was accepted on here. And yet instead of removing the profiles we created a discussion rule to conserve the staff's energy on more pressing issues.

@Hellbeast Thats only one part of the problem. Another one is that over half of the powers on Godzilla's profile are so obscure that they cant even be properly sourced

Godzilla is the Punished Snake of this wiki, worked his way all the way to the top, and is now on an eternal downward spiral to to hell (heh). From the days of 3-A and High 4-C Gorath, to only getting 4-B out of Marvel pity.

Even Ghidorah got Universe level before he did. Even Dante has his SMT profile. Godzilla's got random japanese manga scans, and photoshop.

I cannot wait for the inevitable content revision that depowers him down so hard, it invents the 12-C tier. Life is pain for the lizard boi.

It is, but you dare even agreee on deleting it just by it being controversial, I will not hesitate to make it.

Jared1111 said:
Seriously though, why would you photoshop a scan from a comic book that can easily be accessed online to make up feats for your character? It takes two seconds to go a site to look up whether or not its fake.
Why stop at 3-A at that point, just go all the way.

9TrujTs
what is this abomination

A secret, behind the scenes scan i got of Godzilla in Hell from an unreleased issue of Godzilla bodyslamming the Presence and TOAA into the Law of Identity with such force it rips apart every universe in the omniverses. They decided not to release it in fear of Godzilla becoming so powerful he escapes the printed world and begins devouring our world and destroying all of existence, sending us into an eternal hell of bad memes, and Rolland Emmerich Zilla sequels.

It's for the best we never let him grow to powerful, for all must fear the Zilla-potence.

Back