• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Humanity's Greatest Tournament: Round 2 Match 3: Gon Freecss VS Midori (STOMP)

How strong is his social influencing?
Before the death game, he was able to convince the participants to sign the consent form which gives them over to the Death Game organization.
Manipulated Sou into getting close to him back in high school, in order to steal his information for the Death Game.
Deliberately misled Keiji into thinking an unarmed criminal had a gun, which Keiji ended up shooting in a panic, but found out too late that the man he had killed was his childhood hero.
Manipulated the Dummies with fear to get them to kill the survivors.

Before the death game, he was able to convince the participants to sign the consent form which gives them over to the Death Game organization.
Manipulated Sou into getting close to him back in high school, in order to steal his information for the Death Game.
Deliberately misled Keiji into thinking an unarmed criminal had a gun, which Keiji ended up shooting in a panic, but found out too late that the man he had killed was his childhood hero.
Manipulated the Dummies with fear to get them to kill the survivors.
The only thing I see is minor manipulation. In this case they just met so I don't know if it would work, but if he convinced completely unwilling participants to sign a contract that would mean their possible death then he definitely might be able to convince Gon to drop his guard long enough to shoot him.

Depends on what state of mind both are in which OP hasn't specified.

If Gon is bloodlusted or going for the kill than this is over instantly, if not then maybe he could influence him

Ranzo tried to reason with Gon by threatening to take his legs, this shit does not work on Gon. If he's set on winning, he doesn't change his mind.

I doubt Midori would try to threaten Gon in his position, in fact, he'd likely do the opposite
It was an example on how Gon's not susceptible to manipulation. The way he reasons or rationalizes is completely unpredictable - he's a dull head like most shounen protagonists. I'm assuming this is a scenario where Gon wishes to defeat his opponent and win the tournament - this was said by geniuses like Killua and Hisoka - "When he sets his mind to something, there's not a person in this world who can change his mind".

I don't think Midori could convince Gon not to win the battle. In fact, could Midori even tell that Gon is significantly stronger than him by looks alone to try that tactic?

He doesn't have to convince Gon into giving up, he just has to make him drop his guard long enough for Midori to shoot him, and being a dull head should, if anything, make it easier

He doesn't have to convince Gon into giving up, he just has to make him drop his guard long enough for Midori to shoot him, and being a dull head should, if anything, make it easier
Being stupidly determined to do what he set his mind too does not make it easier. Again, analytical prediction, Gon is far more agile and skilled than Midori, he wouldn't lower his guard - and even if he did, he still has enough time to aim dodge him to hell and back.

Pretty sure Analytical Prediction and Agility won't do much if he doesn't expect an attack (An attack that's 22x his speed no less)

Pretty sure Analytical Prediction and Agility won't do much if he doesn't expect an attack (An attack that's 22x his speed no less)
Oh yeah, the Analytical Prediction will be of no help to unexpected attacks, surely.
Also, bro needs to press the trigger. He's not faster than Gon.

Oh yeah, the Analytical Prediction will be of no help to unexpected attacks, surely.
Also, bro needs to press the trigger. He's not faster than Gon.
Analytical Prediction isn't Instinctive Reaction, plus pretty sure it's somewhat limited by what the user is accustomed to
Also they're the same speed here

Analytical Prediction isn't Instinctive Reaction, plus pretty sure it's somewhat limited by what the user is accustomed to
Analytical Prediction is literally predicting your opponents movements by analyzing what's they're about to do. I don't know but I think raising a gun out of nowhere is going to get predicted by a very decent a prediction lmao.
Unless it's coming from a totally different direction, or when Gon isn't looking - both scenarios are unlikely.
Also they're the same speed here
Better Agility, better awareness, better skill, better senses.
Yeah, like that matters dude.

I'm voting Gon, far too many wincons, and abilities for Midori - the situations where Gon loses are just unlikely. Unless he is killed in one shot, he also has the stupidest pain tolerance to keep fighting and break Midori's ankles.

Cook what? They're already trying to give reasons to why Midori wins and being contradicted every time, I think his stance on why Midori wins is clear, and I disagree with them. I'll vote Gon without any delay. 2-0 conting shmeaty

I don't believe it's impossible for Midori to win just highly unlikely.
Also how do we know Midori even realizes Gon has him beat in every category? He very likely could just open with attacks.
In reality Gon takes this 9 times out of 10, the 1 being the slim change that Midori gets Gon to drop his guard and catches him lackin.
Imma go ahead and vote for Gon but it is worth noting that depending on the circumstance there are some very specific situations in which Midori could take this.

I don't believe it's impossible for Midori to win just highly unlikely.
Also how do we know Midori even realizes Gon has him beat in every category? He very likely could just open with attacks.
In reality Gon takes this 9 times out of 10, the 1 being the slim change that Midori gets Gon to drop his guard and catches him lackin.
Imma go ahead and vote for Gon but it is worth noting that depending on the circumstance there are some very specific situations in which Midori could take this.
Your vote has already been counted.

Gon winning relies on him jumping Midori and dismantling him before Midori gets the chance to trick Gon (Since you can't really knock Midori out for 24 hours)
The only problem is Gon's enhanced sense won't really help him spot Midori
  • Enhanced hearing is only going to possibly help him hear Midori's non-audible footsteps, but since the other Dolls will also be moving, it won't really help him find Midori. Not to mention Midori can counter it by playing loud noises, which he has done before when Reko and Sou tried to follow his footsteps (Reko having super hearing)
  • Having a dog's sense of smell means nothing if you don't even know the scent of who you're looking for, afterall "Both have a day of preparation but no knowledge on each other." or when one of the dolls on the scene is going to be his identical clone.
    It sure didn't help Gin spot him.
  • Gon's enhanced sight is just "far beyond normal human capabilities" which isn't really indicative of what it can do. For all I know, Midori shutting off the lights with his light manip could counter it.
    It sure didn't help Keiji spot him.
Plus Gon's Zetsu is listed as "Limited Stealth Mastery", because he can't consciously use it, so I doubt it'd be much help here
And even if Gon can get close to Midori and proceeds to restrain him, Doll hands are easily detachable, it's the reason Midori could escpae from Keiji's handcuffs
bTnEplo.png
Plus, thanks to Midori having around 2.8 megajoules of Durability + Doll Physiology that lets him take spears to the face and replace his limbs if they're damaged means Gon is going to be trying to incap someone who's only 2x weaker than him with his bare fists while Midori really only needs 2-3 shots to win
(SBA is also not "In character, but willing to kill." anymore, but "In character, but will attempt to win the battle")

Plus "Gon sometimes fails to think things through and such actions lead to him suffering."and "doesn't care about the good or the bad, when he is curious or amazed." means Gon isn't gullible, but he isn't going to immune to Midori's SI either

Analytical Prediction is literally predicting your opponents movements by analyzing what's they're about to do. I don't know but I think raising a gun out of nowhere is going to get predicted by a very decent a prediction lmao.
You’re mistaking Analytical Prediction with Precognition. Analytical Prediction is picking up on subtle factors to know exactly what an opponent will do next, and is generally portrayed in a melee combat-focused form. It’s not precognition where without any hints Gon can tell Midori has a gun. If Midori gets Gon to drop his guard, I can easily imagine him pumping him full of lead. Midori also has the preparation and abilities to bypass Gon’s usual counter-measures to stealth.

I‘ll vote Midori FRA for now. Normally I wouldn’t vote at this stage, but in the interest of the tournament I’ll go through this with a bit more haste than usual

Gon winning relies on him jumping Midori and dismantling him before Midori gets the chance to trick Gon (Since you can't really knock Midori out for 24 hours)
  • Enhanced hearing is only going to possibly help him hear Midori's non-audible footsteps, but since the other Dolls will also be moving, it won't really help him find Midori. Not to mention Midori can counter it by playing loud noises, which he has done before when Reko and Sou tried to follow his footsteps (Reko having super hearing)
  • Having a dog's sense of smell means nothing if you don't even know the scent of who you're looking for, afterall "Both have a day of preparation but no knowledge on each other." or when one of the dolls on the scene is going to be his identical clone.
  • Gon's enhanced sight is just "far beyond normal human capabilities" which isn't really indicative of what it can do. For all I know, Midori shutting off the lights with his light manip could counter it.
Plus Gon's Zetsu is listed as "Limited Stealth Mastery", because he can't consciously use it, so I doubt it'd be much help here
And even if Gon can get close to Midori and proceeds to restrain him, Doll hands are easily detachable, it's the reason Midori could escpae from Keiji's handcuffs
bTnEplo.png
Plus, thanks to Midori having around 2.8 megajoules of Durability + Doll Physiology that lets him take spears to the face and replace his limbs if they're damaged means Gon is going to be trying to incap someone who's only 2x weaker than him with his bare fists while Midori really only needs 2-3 shots to win
(SBA is also not "In character, but willing to kill." anymore, but "In character, but will attempt to win the battle")

Plus "Gon sometimes fails to think things through and such actions lead to him suffering."and "doesn't care about the good or the bad, when he is curious or amazed." means Gon isn't gullible, but he isn't going to immune to Midori's SI either
I'm not the most knowledgeable guy on HxH but I'll try to make counters, give me a minute.

I love how Adam basically said, "Midori might trick Gon and three-shot him!!!" and Pikaman is already jumping to the voting.

You’re mistaking Analytical Prediction with Precognition. Analytical Prediction is picking up on subtle factors to know exactly what an opponent will do next, and is generally portrayed in a melee combat-focused form.
That's literally what I said, I'm not mistaking anything.
"Analytical Prediction is predicting your opponent by analyzing what's he's about to do", verbatim.

I love how Adam basically said, "Midori might trick Gon and three-shot him!!!" and Pikaman is already jumping to the voting.
Kindly **** off with the pettiness. I don’t owe you a vote because in your head you’re winning this debate, and I’m not voting Midori out of some hive-mind agreement with Adem. To try and degrade me like that is ridiculous. Not only did you decide mockery was going to get you somewhere, but your post reeks of hypocrisy, accusing me of rushing to the vote when not even 12 hours prior to my vote you were saying there was no need to hear out Adem’s remaining arguments

Cook what? They're already trying to give reasons to why Midori wins and being contradicted every time, I think his stance on why Midori wins is clear, and I disagree with them. I'll vote Gon without any delay. 2-0 conting shmeaty

Your statement was childish, and disrespectful, if not slimy.

I’m hoping that was an isolated incident, and we can now return to a civil debate. At the very least, I’ll attempt to do such.

That's literally what I said, I'm not mistaking anything.
"Analytical Prediction is predicting your opponent by analyzing what's he's about to do", verbatim.
Yes, but Gon’s Analytical Prediction does not allow him to know that Midori has a gun, it does not help him with Midori bypassing his senses and sneaking up on him, especially with the dolls as distractions, it does not help him entirely if Midori’s Social Influencing makes him drop his guard. Midori has many ways to get a clean shot, and win from there

Midori really only needs 2-3 shots to win
That is absolutely not correct. Midori would need to destroy Gon limb from limb to put him down, not just "three shot him" with some piercing damage - cause Meele will absolutely fail. Gon's tolerance to pain is astronomical, he can have his arm broken and take a beating for hours on end by someone far stronger than him, and he keep fighting. God, Gon lost an entire god damn hand and kept fighting, almost lost two by the way. He can move and fight even at peak exhaustion on willpower alone.

No, it would need to be far more than a three shot.
"gets the chance to trick Gon", yeah, you still fail to elaborate on how that would happen in the first place. Examples of this would be appropriate.
He can tell ap
Plus Gon's Zetsu is listed as "Limited Stealth Mastery", because he can't consciously use it, so I doubt it'd be much help here.
Yes he can, when he's trying to hide, he uses it naturally.
bTnEplo.png
Gon holds his neck, body, pin him down, break his arm. You're ignoring how large the gap is, it's in-character for Gon to break arms too.
Plus, thanks to Midori having around 2.8 megajoules of Durability + Doll Physiology that lets him take spears to the face and replace his limbs if they're damaged means Gon is going to be trying to incap someone who's only 2x weaker than him with his bare fists.
"Only 2x weaker" a 2 times weakness is very significant, Gon's fist can break rocks apart, doll material isn't going to be harder than rocks, so he wouldn't suffer backlash from punching it.
Again, in Midori's eyes, Gon's just a kid. It's unknown what kind of tricks he'd even use against Gon - much less if they'd work. Also, both these lines are referring to how Gon relate to people and take interest on them - it does not, and have not applied to a situation where's he's competing or fighting. Plus Midori also needs to find Gon on this scenario.

Also, does Gon have his fishing rod?

Kindly **** off with the pettiness. I don’t owe you a vote because in your head you’re winning this debate, and I’m not voting Midori out of some hive-mind agreement with Adem.
I never said you own me jack shit, so you can already put yourself in your place and keep quiet. You are doing that, yes. We barely had a debate, and Adam never even elaborated on how Midori wins, just pointed out his possible winning conditions
To try and degrade me like that is ridiculous. Not only did you decide mockery was going to get you somewhere, but your post reeks of hypocrisy, accusing me of rushing to the vote when not even 12 hours prior to my vote you were saying there was no need to hear out Adem’s remaining arguments

Your statement was childish, and disrespectful, if not slimy.
LMAO.

"I see Adam's point and stance on this debate and I disagree FRA, so I'll vote Gon" is childish, disrespectful and slimy?

The fact I can't express any negativity towards you to say how much absurd you're sounding is really unfair. But, to say the least, you're making a storm on a cup of water.
I’m hoping that was an isolated incident, and we can now return to a civil debate. At the very least, I’ll attempt to do such.
"G..Gorsh! So slimy, I hope that's an isolated incident and that you grow as a person"

I committed a crime apparently. A block function would be so much appreciated here.
Yes, but Gon’s Analytical Prediction does not allow him to know that Midori has a gun.
Strawmanning because you can't debate for shit. Never said Gon can learn unknown details about the opponent through analysis, said he can dodge the trajectory if he sees the gun.
it does not help him with Midori bypassing his senses
Strawmanning because you can't debate for shit ². Midori doesn't "bypass" anything, and I never said A.Prediction would neg that.
and sneaking up on him
That would never work even with the cloning on mind.
Midori’s Social Influencing makes him drop his guard. Midori has many ways to get a clean shot, and win from there
Win from there? How? Once Gon learns how he fights, how? How would he win from there?
Every Midori supporter has no way of elaborating how Midori would capitalize on his conditions, it's literally

"Y'all are just saying shit at this point".

This is just ridiculous, really.

That is absolutely not correct. Midori would need to destroy Gon limb from limb to put him down, not just "three shot him" with some piercing damage - cause Meele will absolutely fail. Gon's tolerance to pain is astronomical, he can have his arm broken and take a beating for hours on end by someone far stronger than him, and he keep fighting. God, Gon lost an entire god damn hand and kept fighting, almost lost two by the way. He can move and fight even at peak exhaustion on willpower alone.
I don't see Midori not aiming for fatal spots, especially if Gon has been weakened by one of his other shots
Afterall, a single bullet to the head or heart and neither pain tolerance nore willpower are gonna help
"gets the chance to trick Gon", yeah, you still fail to elaborate on how that would happen in the first place. Examples of this would be appropriate.
If Midori's ever in a tough spot he'd resort into using his Social Influencing, it's exactly what he did when Maple 2.0 was attempting to kill him
Yes he can, when he's trying to hide, he uses it naturally.
And when he's not trying to hide? Doubt this is gonna be incon cause they both can't find each other lel
Gon holds his neck, body, pin him down, break his arm. You're ignoring how large the gap is, it's in-character for Gon to break arms too.
Pretty sure Gon's too short to do most of those and Midori can just replace his arms if they're ever broken
Plus it's not even that large of a gap (Midori can efforstlessly restrain Sara and she's stronger than Dolls that can crush heads (1 Ton) with one arm)
"Only 2x weaker" a 2 times weakness is very significant, Gon's fist can break rocks apart, doll material isn't going to be harder than rocks, so he wouldn't suffer backlash from punching it.
2x isn’t even particularly close to an AP stomp and Midori's type 2 Immortality means he won't go down in a few hits either
Also dolls in YTTD are more android-like robots than actual dolls
Again, in Midori's eyes, Gon's just a kid. It's unknown what kind of tricks he'd even use against Gon - much less if they'd work
Midori sets everything up meticulously to put things in his favor, plus doubt Midori would care about Gon being a kid either (Look at Hinako)

And none of this addresses the fact that Gon's senses won't help him find Midori either

I’m hoping that was an isolated incident
I guess not lmao

Ok, so:

We barely had a debate
If we barely had a debate, then how is it acceptable that Gon has 4 votes already? I’m not seeing the logic here

Adam never even elaborated on how Midori wins, just pointed out his possible winning conditions
These are two very, VERY similar acts. While still distinguishable, again, I’m not a robot with “If: Adem makes point, then: agree” in my coding, I can connect the dots between win-cons and winning scenarios by myself

"I see Adam's point and stance on this debate and I disagree FRA, so I'll vote Gon" is childish, disrespectful and slimy?
You know well this isn’t what I was referring to, you mocking me unprovoked was what I called “childish and disrespectful”. I did and still do find the fact you accused me of rushing the vote when you yourself decided to vote not very long ago a bit nonsensical.

"G..Gorsh! So slimy, I hope that's an isolated incident and that you grow as a person"
That wasn’t a shot at you (exclusively at least), it was an acknowledgment that up until your comment the debate had been civil and of high quality. I myself admittedly got more riled up than I should have (though I still do take offence to what you said), and I had cooled down somewhat by the time I got to that part of my message, so I was just saying I wanted the debate to not be tainted by what was a poor piece of form from the both of us. I apologise I responded in such a harsh manner

you can't debate for shit
you can't debate for shit ²

Unfortunately it seems that request was in vain.

Now, onto the, well, Vs Match side of the Vs Match lol

Never said Gon can learn unknown details about the opponent through analysis, said he can dodge the trajectory if he sees the gun.
You said
I don't know but I think raising a gun out of nowhere is going to get predicted by a very decent a prediction lmao.
Forgive me if I have misread you, but that implies your argument was that Gon would see Midori bringing out the gun coming. Which he would need precognition for, not analytical prediction.

Midori doesn't "bypass" anything, and I never said A.Prediction would neg that.
Strawmanning my argument to make it look like I strawmanned your argument? Really?Gon’s senses would not help him detect Midori. That was my point. In addition, I never made a link between A.Prediction and Gon’s senses. I said how Gon’s advantage in that respect did not aid him with a disadvantage in another respect. I did not say that A.Prediction would have any link to Gon’s senses and thus he was disadvantaged by not being able to negate the fact Midori can get around his senses with his A.Prediction

Win from there? How? Once Gon learns how he fights, how? How would he win from there?
Because he just shot him, that’s how. It’s a pretty big advantage for Midori if his opponent has a bullet through him

That is absolutely not correct. Midori would need to destroy Gon limb from limb to put him down, not just "three shot him" with some piercing damage - cause Meele will absolutely fail. Gon's tolerance to pain is astronomical
Tolerance to pain is irrelevant if your brains get blown out

I don't see Midori not aiming for fatal spots, especially if Gon has been weakened by one of his other shots
Afterall, a single bullet to the head or heart and neither pain tolerance nore willpower are gonna help
Me when dodging doesn't exist.

Again, your point about senses is just that Midori has ways to circumvent Gon's detection of him specifically, since he has clones. Still - if Midori tries to sneak up in a position to shoot Gon, the latter will known Midori is that, he just won't know if it's a clone or not.

Also, elaborate on these clones, are they all as strong as Midori himself?
If Midori's ever in a tough spot he'd resort into using his Social Influencing, it's exactly what he did when Maple 2.0 was attempting to kill him.
How? I already explained why Gon's not going to get tricked into lowering his guard - he's stubborn on completing what he sets his mind to. People often get frustrated trying to reason with Gon because he's unreasonable in conflict.
I'm asking for elaboration, what tactics of persuasion would Midori use.
And when he's not trying to hide? Doubt this is gonna be incon cause they both can't find each other lel.
Gon can find his clones and has a probability of finding the real on among them.
Pretty sure Gon's too short to do most of those and Midori can just replace his arms if they're ever broken
Plus it's not even that large of a gap (Midori can efforstlessly restrain Sara and she's stronger than Dolls that can crush heads (1 Ton) with one arm)
A 4-times gap is massive, it is more than enough to break one's limb if you factor the superior strength AP as well. Torsion, stomping, all these options of restraint are available.
2x isn’t even particularly close to an AP stomp and Midori's type 2 Immortality means he won't go down in a few hits either
Also dolls in YTTD are more android-like robots than actual dolls
Never used the word "AP stomp", let's not jump the gun either.
Gon's hits are still considerably superior, that's all - if Gon gets to get close to Midori, he can use his far better skill at hand-to-hand, and his sizable advantage in agility to curbstomp Midori, like in a rush attack similar to how he did against Hisoka.
Midori sets everything up meticulously to put things in his favor, plus doubt Midori would care about Gon being a kid either (Look at Hinako)
I'm talking more about underestimating Gon rather than holding back.
And none of this addresses the fact that Gon's senses won't help him find Midori either
They are still going to help Gon find Midori, yes. It's just going to be harder because of these clones - which I need clarification on - what are they capable of?

I guess not lmao

Ok, so:
Don't care

If we barely had a debate, then how is it acceptable that Gon has 4 votes already? I’m not seeing the logic here
Gon Supporters actually brought up valid reasons as to why he beats Midori, the Midori arguments have not changed or evolved once since Adam first talked about them in the first posts of the thread - before the votes. He just said why he believed his reasons are enough, and supported them further with examples, the point remains the same.
These are two very, VERY similar acts. While still distinguishable, again, I’m not a robot with “If: Adem makes point, then: agree” in my coding, I can connect the dots between win-cons and winning scenarios by myself

You know well this isn’t what I was referring to, you mocking me unprovoked was what I called “childish and disrespectful”. I did and still do find the fact you accused me of rushing the vote when you yourself decided to vote not very long ago a bit nonsensical.

That wasn’t a shot at you (exclusively at least), it was an acknowledgment that up until your comment the debate had been civil and of high quality. I myself admittedly got more riled up than I should have (though I still do take offence to what you said), and I had cooled down somewhat by the time I got to that part of my message, so I was just saying I wanted the debate to not be tainted by what was a poor piece of form from the both of us. I apologise I responded in such a harsh manner
Don't care

Unfortunately it seems that request was in vain.
"Gives harsh reply, gets harsher countereply, gets angwy for getting it"

Please just stop talking to me.
Now, onto the, well, Vs Match side of the Vs Match lol

You said

Forgive me if I have misread you, but that implies your argument was that Gon would see Midori bringing out the gun coming. Which he would need precognition for, not analytical prediction.
You misread me, yes.
If Gon saw him bringing out a Gun, he'd be able to use his A.Predict to dodge a bullet.
Strawmanning my argument to make it look like I strawmanned your argument? Really?Gon’s senses would not help him detect Midori. That was my point. In addition, I never made a link between A.Prediction and Gon’s senses. I said how Gon’s advantage in that respect did not aid him with a disadvantage in another respect. I did not say that A.Prediction would have any link to Gon’s senses and thus he was disadvantaged by not being able to negate the fact Midori can get around his senses with his A.Prediction
And that's a strawman because I literally never said this A.Prediction compensates for the other disadvantages, you're punching the air.
Because he just shot him, that’s how. It’s a pretty big advantage for Midori if his opponent has a bullet through him.
Again, can't even elaborate on the "how", just quit debating already.
Tolerance to pain is irrelevant if your brains get blown out
You don't say?

Also, why do you think Social Influencing is scalable? People that fall for S.I is due to their personal beliefs and personality, not just their intelligence. Contextual situations, or desperation also play a part into falling for manipulation - unless it's a super natural level of S.I - saying "They managed to trick X, and Y", is not an argument because these are individuals who are completely distinct and different from the user's current opponent.

Just because he has non audible footsteps doesn't mean any other part of his mannequin body don't make any sounds. Plus he doesn't know that Gon has enhanced senses so he wouldn't know to play loud noises.
Where are you getting that he could shut of the lights? This fight take place in Morioh which is a city and I assume the fight is outdoors which gives Gon a further advantage.
Also Gon's hearing is so good that he can fight in the dark as well, so that wouldn't even work on him. Also Midori can't see in the dark so it would be detrimental to him.

Gon's Zetsu can be activated passively whenever he is tracking someone an in this case since he is aware that he has to find and fight someone this is definitely in character for him to do.
And don't think that Midori could find Gon, Gons stealth is so good that he managed to tale Hisoka, a superhuman so good at sneaking he can sneak up on master Nen users, for days.
bTnEplo.png
Gon is not going down in 2 or 3 shots unless they are straight into his brain. Gon has fought and powered through broken arms and even severed limbs before.
Even normal humans can tank multiple gunshots before going down look at any liveleak video for proof, and Gon quite frankly is Superhuman.
If this is a fight that he is trying to win then that wouldn't matter, once Gon sets his mind to it it he trys to win no matter what. This is shown when Hanzo tortures him for hours and he just refuses to give up, even after Hanzo correctly states that he would have more chances to win the tournament in an attempt to convince him to give up.

Again, your point about senses is just that Midori has ways to circumvent Gon's detection of him specifically, since he has clones. Still - if Midori tries to sneak up in a position to shoot Gon, the latter will known Midori is that, he just won't know if it's a clone or not.

Also, elaborate on these clones, are they all as strong as Midori himself?
They're less like clones and more like random passerby (Since making them attack Gon would be outside help and stuff), they're just there to distract Gon long enough for Midori to get a good shot in

Midori has to point his gun at Gon when he's not looking and shoot him, Gon's senses won't really help him against that

Back