• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Humanity's Greatest Tournament: Round 2 Match 3: Gon Freecss VS Midori (STOMP)

Gon Freecss VS Midori

gwKgwtc.jpeg

Rules
  • Speed will be equalized.
  • Both have their standard equipment.
  • Battles take place at night at Morioh.
  • Gon's First Key is used
  • Both start 40 meters away from each other and not within each others line of sight.
  • Both have a day of preparation but no knowledge on each other.

"You really give me no choice at all.": 4
"Why won't you all entertain me...?": 1
"Inconclusive": 0

hs9X1gN.png

Last edited:
Ye, pierce damage is a thing. So... from my knowhow of Midori's last match, I would like to ask on how can prep-time help Midori against this fight with Gon? Asking so that this match can get going.

Basically the same thing since he has no knowledge on Gon, he'd probably use more advanced traps now that he's in Morioh instead of a forest
ehm doesn't Midori just have a pistols with 4 bullets and a rocket hand?
It seems to me that Midori is one of the folks that can actually make use of prep time and has the smarts to back it up. Plus, since this battle takes place in Morioh - essentially, a modern city - it isn't hard for me to think that Midori might be able to brew up some horrible crap for Gon during the one day's worth of prep.

So to ask the biggest question… what stops Midori from blasting Gon into next Tuesday?

Piercing Damage goes brrr
You're lucky Nen isn't involved. Plus, aim dodging goes brrr.
Zetsu goes brr as well, since Zetsu makes it so Gon's presence fades away. Even normal people feel like Gon's not there even though they see him.

I was just answering the dura argument if that wasn’t clear, I have no idea on whether or not Gon can dodge the gun, hence why I asked the question

Erm, how is this a question?
Gon has the AP and Dura advantage 6mj vs 1.47Mj
The speed advantage and the skill advantage.
As well as having adaptability and Zetsu on top of all that.

He could just blitz him before he could even attack

Gon for Me

Edit: Just saw speed was equalized, still doesn't change my opinion

I was just answering the dura argument if that wasn’t clear, I have no idea on whether or not Gon can dodge the gun, hence why I asked the question
Gon has decent analytical prediction, and superhuman agility, I think he's fine.

Erm, how is this a question?
Gon has the AP and Dura advantage 6mj vs 1.47Mj
The speed advantage and the skill advantage.
As well as having adaptability and Zetsu on top of all that.

He could just blitz him before he could even attack

Gon for Me
Speed is equalized, brother.

But eventually Gon's Evolution will make him outpace Midori, yes.

Also, massive LS gap, if Gon grabs the mf, it's basically over, he can break their bones, smash their head in, etc. Although it's not in-character for Gon to kill people who did nothing to him, so he'd likely try to knock him out.

Can Midori actually be knocked out? Gon could just kill him after realising a KO is no use, and after Midori tries shooting him, but his inorganic physiology would prevent such a factor, no?

Can Midori actually be knocked out? Gon could just kill him after realising a KO is no use, and after Midori tries shooting him, but his inorganic physiology would prevent such a factor, no?
Other Dolls can "shut off" (basically KOed), so Midori could also be KOed I guess

• Both start 40 meters away from each other and not within each others line of sight.
This implies there is something blocking their line of sight which makes this an even bigger stomp in Gon's favor.

He could use Zetsu and catch him by surprise by hiding.

You cut off all your Presence so basically no one notices you.

It's even been shown that the user turns transparent in the eyes of regular people
They're not really transparent, they're just harder to see even though they're literally, physically there. It takes effort to notice them.

Back