• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Humanity's Greatest Tournament Semi-Finals Match 2: Gon Freecss VS Pyro (GRACE)

Also, if Pyro can't hit Gon with their flamethrower they can just switch to one of their 3 shotguns. One of their guns The Panic Attack fires 15 bullets per shot, and it can fire fast.
not gonna hit him if that is how it shots the fire,

I think I don't have to continue this debate after Koopa suggested a bear could weight 5 tons (~10000 pounds)

Anyways, I forgot to say this earlier but all of Pyro's Equipment is has a Supersonic attack speed and reaction speed here is being equalized too Subsonic. This means that Pyros weaponry is goanna be Around 11x to 5x faster than Gon.

Last edited:
this is the least of Pyro's problems in this match, but why did the battlefield have to be literally surrounding them in water, when Gon quite literally holds like a shit ton of advantages over pyro?

Pyro has a sizable advantage in variety and range, Gon has advantage in agility and skill, plus Reactive Evolution. Wasn't the scenario with Pyro always a place where water is an option? We can't really change it just so Gon has less of a chance, that'd be unfair.

Now correct me if I'm wrong here but Knuckle Bine (the person who blitzed Gon) was High Hypersonic+ while Gon at the time was just High Hypersonic but Gon got passed the speed difference with his Analytical Prediction. Due to Speed being equal Gon is gonna have Pyro's reaction speed of Subsonic vs Pyro's guns which are Supersonic. This is a far higher difference than what Gon's Analytical Prediction has handled before this is not also accounting the fact the this is pre-nen Gon who is much less experienced than Post-Training Greed Island Arc/Start of Chimera Ant Arc Gon. So even if Gon could dodge around most of Pyro's flamethrowers, He's not gonna be able to dodge The Dragon's Fury which shoots a large ball of fire at Supersonic speeds (It also shoots faster on repeat hits). Speaking of Supersonic speeds, all of Pyros shotguns fire at this speed. Adding this to Pyros mobility, range, and experience advantages help fuel my belief the Pyro takes this more often than not.

pop Am pretty sure that Gon's reaction speed is going to be left untouched in the same way that Pyro's weapons are going to be untouched even with speed equal in effect due to its weird rules regarding different types of speed.

What is the AP gap?
Were forgetting something as well, Pyro's flamethrower isn't an instakill.
It is 100% in character for Gon to just close the distance and tank the flames in order to land hits on Pyro. And since there's water nearby I can see Gon noticing this and just face tanking pyro into the water.
And since Gon has the LS advantage he could just overpower Pyro in the water so he couldn't use his weapons'.
Gon can hold his breath for longer so he just wait for Pyro to suffocate.

Put me for Gon as well.

Like I said Gon could just tank Pyro's flamethrower to get in close and attack.
Unless pyro uses another gun (Which doesnt seem in character) I feel Gon has this

What is the AP gap?
Were forgetting something as well, Pyro's flamethrower isn't an instakill.
It is 100% in character for Gon to just close the distance and tank the flames in order to land hits on Pyro. And since there's water nearby I can see Gon noticing this and just face tanking pyro into the water.
And since Gon has the LS advantage he could just overpower Pyro in the water so he couldn't use his weapons'.
Gon can hold his breath for longer so he just wait for Pyro to suffocate.
Gon is not tanking Pyros flames. Pyros flames have been shown to turn people with comparable to him to bones very quickly. Also taking pyro underwater would cause them to either fly out with their jetpack or pull out one of their shotguns which do work underwater.

Gon is not tanking Pyros flames. Pyros flames have been shown to turn people with comparable to him to bones very quickly. Also taking pyro underwater would cause them to either fly out with their jetpack or pull out one of their shotguns which do work underwater.
After depleting all their HP, I assume? Gon's got crazy stamina and is willing to lose some limbs to win.

Also, I appreciate the chad move to refuse to elaborate how Pyro would escape Gon's grasp - which would stop him from doing either.

What's stopping Gon from using his superior skill to wrap his rod's line (which can take his LS) and just pull Pyro to him?

Question, do flames have a sort pseudo-durability ignoring effect if they don't have the fire/heat resistance towards it or nah? Am wondering since I thought it maybe can be used as a way to somewhat circumvent the small stat gap between Pyro and Gon (which will only exist at the start, but won't once Gon's AD/RE [am not sure which] kicks in and makes him superior to Pyro).

Granted, it still doesn't stop Gon from pulling Pyro in... since Pyro likely only has a baseline Class 5 LS rating and Gon has a superior Class 5 LS rating.

Also, I appreciate the chad move to refuse to elaborate how Pyro would escape Gon's grasp - which would stop him from doing either.
Supersonic close range weapons + airblast means he's gonna have a hard time getting close without getting burnt, getting shot or being blasted away.
What's stopping Gon from using his superior skill to wrap his rod's line (which can take his LS) and just pull Pyro to him?
Pyro can burn the rods line easily before they even wrap around him.

Pretty sure it is, since the fuel is located on his flame thrower. Though from what I’m seeing, nothing is really stopping Gon from just ripping it off Pyro if they get into the water

We have no clue how deep this lake even is. I can't find exactly how high the Thermal Thruster can go but it should be able to fly Pyro out. But this is assuming that the lake isn't shallow and also assuming that Pyro doesn't just burn the rod with their fire breath.

You think Gon is just gonna let him use his jet pack and do nothing?

Realistically Gon has a MASSIVE advantage due to it being night and it being close to water.
Zetsu plus enhanced senses basically make this an instakill for Gon
Only way I see Pyro winning is if Gon both doesn't rely on stealth and decides to rush in without a plan which is not in character for him.
Eventually Pyro will run out of ammo and from there on it's just a downhill battle.

Pyro could take this if he manages to hit with the flamethrower but once again there is water and Gon could just dodge in and out of range until his flamethrower is exhausted.
From there on analytical prediction allows Gon to get in close and overpower him with his superior LS

Realistically Gon has a MASSIVE advantage due to it being night and it being close to water.
Zetsu plus enhanced senses basically make this an instakill for Gon
Only way I see Pyro winning is if Gon both doesn't rely on stealth and decides to rush in without a plan which is not in character for him.
Eventually Pyro will run out of ammo and from there on it's just a downhill battle.
Pyro has 6 flametrowers with 200 ammo, 3 shotguns with 32 ammo Carried, and 3 flare guns. I don't think ammo is gonna be an issue here. Also if Gon can just instakill with Zetsu how was he even allowed in the tournament.
Pyro could take this if he manages to hit with the flamethrower but once again there is water and Gon could just dodge in and out of range until his flamethrower is exhausted.
From there on analytical prediction allows Gon to get in close and overpower him with his superior LS
You're forgetting the fact the Pyro has 3 shotguns with supersonic firing speed that they can use if Gon is not in flamethrower range.

That's dumb. I know it's because of the vaporization but it's physically weaker than some of the other melees. It should probably be changed because if the vaporization alone determines the AP, that means all the other melee attacks, and pretty much every class as a whole, is 8-C in base.

That's dumb. I know it's because of the vaporization but it's physically weaker than some of the other melees. It should probably be changed because if the vaporization alone determines the AP, that means all the other melee attacks, and pretty much every class as a whole, is 8-C in base.
Trust me we tried

Pyro has 6 flametrowers with 200 ammo, 3 shotguns with 32 ammo Carried, and 3 flare guns. I don't think ammo is gonna be an issue here. Also if Gon can just instakill with Zetsu how was he even allowed in the tournament.
According to the wiki Pyro's flamethrower consumes 12.5 ammo per second. Thets 16 second if he holds it.
That x6 is 96 seconds which is a little over 1.5 minutes. Ammo is absolutely a problem because Gon has fought for MULTIPLE DAYS before.
Eventually he's running out and then it just comes down to hand-to-hand which Pyro is hopelessly outmatched in.

Also yes stealth is allowed in this match and since they start not in each others line of site Gon has a massive advantage
You're forgetting the fact the Pyro has 3 shotguns with supersonic firing speed that they can use if Gon is not in flamethrower range.
Aim dodging and analytical prediction Neg that even at close range

According to the wiki Pyro's flamethrower consumes 12.5 ammo per second. Thets 16 second if he holds it.
That x6 is 96 seconds which is a little over 1.5 minutes. Ammo is absolutely a problem because Gon has fought for MULTIPLE DAYS before.
Eventually he's running out and then it just comes down to hand-to-hand which Pyro is hopelessly outmatched in.
Once again Pyro has shotguns and flare guns and Pyro won't just go around wasting the flamethrower ammo.
Aim dodging and analytical prediction Neg that even at close range
Now correct me if I'm wrong here but Knuckle Bine (the person who blitzed Gon) was High Hypersonic+ while Gon at the time was just High Hypersonic but Gon got passed the speed difference with his Analytical Prediction. Due to Speed being equal Gon is gonna have Pyro's reaction speed of Subsonic vs Pyro's guns which are Supersonic. This is a far higher difference than what Gon's Analytical Prediction has handled before this is not also accounting the fact the this is pre-nen Gon who is much less experienced than Post-Training Greed Island Arc/Start of Chimera Ant Arc Gon. So even if Gon could dodge around most of Pyro's flamethrowers, He's not gonna be able to dodge The Dragon's Fury which shoots a large ball of fire at Supersonic speeds (It also shoots faster on repeat hits). Speaking of Supersonic speeds, all of Pyros shotguns fire at this speed.

Knuckle was blitzing Gon to the point where he didn't even notice him moving behind him. A chapter later he was able to contend on even ground thanks to his Accelerated development and Analytical Prediction. So he went from being Blitzed to going toe to toe in 20-30 Minutes (The length of the fight in the manga).

Also you act like Pyro's hand is moving at supersonic, it's not it's subsonic same as Gons.
Even regular humans can aim dodge guns so there is no reason Gon shouldn't be able to. Pulling a shotgun out isn't exactly subtle so there's no way he's surprising Gon. Gon then could just see where he's pointing the Gun and aim dodge

Also you act like Pyro's hand is moving at supersonic, it's not it's subsonic same as Gons.
Even regular humans can aim dodge guns so there is no reason Gon shouldn't be able to. Pulling a shotgun out isn't exactly subtle so there's no way he's surprising Gon. Gon then could just see where he's pointing the Gun and aim dodge
Pyro can switch to any of his weapons at any time, so they can go from holding a large flamethrower to a shotgun very quickly. The Panic Attack even pulls out 50% faster. Pyro can just pull one of his shotguns out of nowhere and shot at Gon before he can react or aim dodge.

Pyro can switch to any of his weapons at any time, so they can go from holding a large flamethrower to a shotgun very quickly. The Panic Attack even pulls out 50% faster. Pyro can just pull one of his shotguns out of nowhere and shot at Gon before he can react or aim dodge.
I think were going to have to agree to disagree.
Realistically IMO Gon takes this 6/10 without stealth and 9/10 with stealth

I still think Pyro takes this more often than not. Even if Gon gets his sneak attack in he's not gonna take Pyro out in one hit. unless Gons hits send Pyro FLYING hes gonna be right next to Pyro, I shouldn't have to explain why this is bad for Gon. Also Gons not gonna be able to tie up Pyro due to their fire breath being able to burn the rod string. All that and Pyros mobility, range, and experience advantages have me keeping my vote for them.

Back