• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AKM sama said:
What about all the other stuff listed in the OP?
Still needs to be discussed.

I am willing to wait until Avengers 4 before deciding whether to upgrade Cap or not, but tbh I think he should get an "At most <insert IM rating here>".

I am not sure about Iron Man scaling to Loki.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Shield + Skill is what makes Cap win fights against stronger people. Not comparable AP.
Also I want to reply to this. I hate it when people blame everything on skill. It is honestly a stupid argument. Skill doesn't help you defeat someone several tiers higher than you. Skill doesn't help you physically grapple against someone far stronger than you. Skill doesn't help you affect a far more durable being with physical punches.

Skill + Shield + Nearly comparable AP is what Cap uses to fight stronger beings. Not mere skill. It makes no sense that you can hold your own against a far stronger being with simply "skill" and "shield".

Seeing the slow pace of many past MCU threads and how they all ended up unconcluded, I am almost certain that any and all major revisions will get to happen after Avengers 4.

I agree about real life, but Marvel Comics recurrently does not make sense in this regard. It is possible that the Marvel movies have adapted part of this plot convenience.

Antvasima said:
I agree about real life, but Marvel Comics recurrently does not make sense in this regard. It is possible that the Marvel movies have adapted part of this plot convenience.
Since when it is said in Marvel Comics that skill can help you beat someone far stronger than you? It makes no sense at all.

Cap and Bucky might not be able to damage the Iron Man armour without the shield/bionic arm, but they were still affecting Iron Man with physical blows, and tanking blows and repulsor blasts from Iron Man. Bucky physically overpowered Iron Man's arm, and Captain America briefly overwhelmed him in hand-to-hand combat, FRIDAY explicitly stated that Iron Man couldn't beat him hand-to-hand.

Schnee One said:
There's nothing that needs to be discussed aside from Iron Man scaling to Loki which, Matt finds outlierish
I'm sorry but just because a single person disagrees, that renders the whole discussion useless?

Quit putting words in my mouth, I never once said that.

The feat itself isn't even much of a feat as no one even survived it aside from Thor, simply that their bodies held together.

Schnee One said:
Quit putting words in my mouth, I never once said that.

The feat itself isn't even much of a feat as no one even survived it aside from Thor, simply that their bodies held together.
There's nothing that needs to be discussed aside from Iron Man scaling to Loki which, Matt finds outlierish

Anyway yeah, their dead bodies were not damaged at all. That's why it scales to their durability.

<Their dead bodies weren't damaged at all

<None of them survived

And yes, the only thing that needed to be discussed is the feat, which Matt found to be an outlier, you completely misunderstood what I said

There are other stuff that needs to be discussed as well, I probably misunderstood you meant that because Matt disagrees it does not need to be discussed.

They were already dead in the first place.

Question about Hela throwing the dagger in the bifrost: isnt their speed relative to themselves? Like isnt the bifrost similar to something like a train that can go mftl?

Didn't Hela catch up to Thor and Loki after they were pulled to Asgard? Wouldn't that be a speed feat? If the bifrost is mftl, then so were Loki and Thor while Hela was on earth right?

Hithere17 said:
Didn't Hela catch up to Thor and Loki after they were pulled to Asgard? Wouldn't that be a speed feat? If the bifrost is mftl, then so were Loki and Thor while Hela was on earth right?
They were standing still while Hela jumped in.That would be roughly equivalent to Thor and Loki standing inside a moving train while Hela is running towards them while also inside said train.

You can ask here for somebody to write a new calculation: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1955985

Back to the original topics Strange should have his AP reduced. He never overpowered or blocked a hit from from the power stone. He just opened up a portal to the mirror dimension which was then easily broke by Thanos.

Iron Man being 5-A durability wise makes no sense. Thanos can control the power of the stone and its doesn't make sense for his shield to be that much more durable than his standard armor. Him having just High 6-B durability also in no way effects the scaling chain and makes sense in context.

Shield being stronger than his armor, sure. Shield being 6 tiers higher however makes no sense. His durability should just be High 6-B, higher with shield.

Qawsedf234 said:
Back to the original topics Strange should have his AP reduced. He never overpowered or blocked a hit from from the power stone. He just opened up a portal to the mirror dimension which was then easily broke by Thanos.

Iron Man being 5-A durability wise makes no sense. Thanos can control the power of the stone and its doesn't make sense for his shield to be that much more durable than his standard armor. Him having just High 6-B durability also in no way effects the scaling chain and makes sense in context.
About Strange, it's also worth noting his shield got broken by Thanos's punch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back