• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jinsye

She/Her
I saw this idea on reddit and this seems like fun.

Characters can be good, character can be bad. But it's impossible for a character to be perfect.

So! This'll be a thing to suggest on how a character could be improved. Writing wise or design wise. This isn't on bad characters, it can be good characters too. I'll start more popular but I can get more obscure as time goes by.

For our first one, it's our favorite little puffball from Nintendo. Kirby! Noone hates him, but maybe you can suggest improvements!

Please don't be toxic, it's ******* Kirby.

08b64da8129de633b987fb1b04152b8c

Unironically, Kirby still hasn't gotten a 3-D game which is odd.

I'd enjoy a nice and fun Kirby 3-D game. We've gotten close w/ Crystal Shards and 3D Blast but I think that it'd be fun for a full 3-D Kirby game.

I'm not sure if one could really improve on Kirby without drastically altering the character.

He certainly lacks in character development, but that's very hard to do on a mute character in a simple series. Just to drive the point home, the anime (a much more story-centric medium) has Kirby closer to a Godzilla-type character, where the plot is heavily supported by side characters.

Although I don't think it's impossible to pull off. Some games had good routes for potential character development. Like in Adventures, where Kirby's heroic but reckless personality made him beat up King Dedede, who was innocent here. Sadly the game never really follows up on that and it just ends up a jape on the player, not a way to further Kirby's character.

I think we should get a bit more details to his backstory. We only have loose hints with Star Allies and Void. Void opens so many questions that should one day be answered.

3 things

Kirby has one real character trait that I would like to see acknowledged at least once; He forgives other characters who used to be, or still are evil. That's not some coincidence of everything that happened in Star Allies, when Magolor came back after what he did in Return to Dream Land he said that everything was good thanks to Kirby, and we see the latter being quickly fine with Shadow Kirby, Taranza and Susie. Either Kirby is too nice or everyone can just get away with doing anything in the series, which is also implied and just as interesting to see developed.

I would like to see a mini-series of Kirby RPG games with "long" stories, complex pixel designs & animations for everyone and with some 3-D effects.

Everyone agrees that Super Star Ultra is the best game in the series, I believe this is in great part due to having its main characters taking actions on their own and reacting to things dramatically in a way that doesn't feel forced and is "subtle". MK goes to space and wishes to fight the best in the galaxy because he wants to becomes stronger, meanwhile in Planet Robobot he faces Star Dream and the latter just pops enemies at him. In Clash Royale DDD goes over and over about what he wants and it's just annoying because he's an idiot, meanwhile in Super Star Ultra we see less of it in a pretentious and dramatic way, which is more enjoyable. Clash Royale sucks but MK there is the closest we have to MK in Super Star Ultra, he states what he wants, joins what's happening at his own will, reacts to it and is dramatic about it.

I love Kirby; in my opinion, Kirby's Adventure is one of the 10 best NES games and Kirby Super Star is one of the 15 best SNES ones (with the one-game-per-franchise rule). I also agree with Edwardtruong2006; future canon Kirby games should be 3D or at least 2.5D like the Crash Bandicoot series.

Somelatinguy said:
I love Kirby; in my opinion, Kirby's Adventure is the 8th best NES game and Kirby Super Star is the 11th best SNES one (with the one-game-per-franchise rule).
I also agree with Edwardtruong2006; future Kirby games should be 3D or at least 2.5D like the Crash Bandicoot series.
That's good then! 😄

The Kirby series needs to evolve, but as a character, I think I wouldn't mind a bit of character development in the super tough pink puff. The games have been getting relatively complex stories since Triple Deluxe, I think it'd be perfectly fitting if we got a story that's actually about the protagonist. Not that I want Kirbdom Hearts, but some simple "learn not to be reckless" or "think before acting" development would be cool, since he's been making the same mistake for two decades.

Also, make him Low 2-C, cmon

Armorchompy said:
The Kirby series needs to evolve, but as a character, I think I wouldn't mind a bit of character development in the super tough pink puff. The games have been getting relatively complex stories since Triple Deluxe, I think it'd be perfectly fitting if we got a story that's actually about the protagonist. Not that I want Kirbdom Hearts, but some simple "learn not to be reckless" or "think before acting" development would be cool, since he's been making the same mistake for two decades.
Also, make him Low 2-C, cmon
I remember HAL Laboratory stated that it has big plans for Kirby next game. I'm so excited to see what comes next in the series. I think it would be okay if they stuck with what they where already doing, but a surprise change might be really cool.

As for making Kirby tier Low 2-C, we currently don't have solid evidence that Another Dimension is a multiverse. Eficiente made a great observation, since Another Dimension is pretty much portrayed as a multiverse, but we need official sources to back it up. I'd argue he should definitely be a bit higher than tier 4-A though.

Last edited:
I honestly don't care that much about tiering, it just feels right, y'know?

Anyway, personally I'm not expecting much after Star Allies, which I found... ok. But there's always hope. Even if not a 3D game, something that shakes up the formula a bit like KSS or KAM would be great.

I kind of think a 3D Kirby game would be weird. I'm so used to the wide variety of moves Kirby with Copy Abilities and other characters can use, and if it where 3D, I think that would be gone, and we would go back to Copy Abilites like in Kirby's Adventure.

Definitely worth an attempt. Maybe they will find a way to implement complicated movesets as well. They almost did it just fine in Kirby Battle Royal.

I'd imagine the 3D formula going back to Blowout Blast, maybe even something like how Mario 3D World did it. I can't imagine controlling him from directly behind (but it would be an interesting concept)

I also agree with getting more of Kirby's backstory and him being deserving of solid Tier 2 feats since it just makes sense for his series by now

Oh and give us like, a crossover, I dunno, with Starfy, I'd do anything for a new Starfy game and it's a natural fit.

He's kind of just portrayed as Tier 3 or 2 at this point. The type of lore I want to see the most is actually more lore on Another Dimension or the parallel world, not just because Kirby could get upgraded, but because multiverses are so fascinating. I have a theory that the parallel world is a universe where Kirby died to King Dedede in Kirby's Dreamland. It makes perfect sense, since at that point, Nighmare and Dark Matters would be everywhere, explaining where all the super strong negative/dark energy is coming from.

Armorchompy said:
Oh and give us like, a crossover, I dunno, with Starfy, I'd do anything for a new Starfy game and it's a natural fit.
Starfy is super small, so I don't think it would fit pretty well, but that series really needs to come back. Starfy was amazing!

Kirby is 20 cm tall, Starfy is 36 cm tall, if anything, Starfy's the big one, but I think they'd just be the same height. I doubt anything like this would really happen though, Starfy isn't big enough for that.

Starfy's that big? I thought he'd be able to fit in the palm of my hand! I guess that makes him more likely to get a crossover. I think a more famous would be in a crossover with Kirby if it isn't to get Starfy back in the business.

I've only played it this year, but it's really good. I honestly wish Kirby took some inspiration from it.

Back