• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How strong are the shockwaves in the manga of DBS?

A translation is provided here

Old Kai: "Wha..what.." "The power of their battle is resonating all the way over here from Earth…!?" "If this continues then.." "..then the whole universe will be destroyed!!"

It should not have said "both U6 and U7" as U6 wasn't even introduced at that point.

I don't think even if the shaking was 3-B that it would warrant an initial downgrade even then for the Anime. Remember, they were going to destroy the living and afterlife, which is basically 2 universe sized things on top of each other. Not to mention the energy clash with Beerus and God Goku that was going to destroy the universe as well, "the World" as Whis says, which is likely the universe due to Occam's razor. I think Old Kai said something about the universe being destroyed by their energy blast too, or at the very least the same shockwave effect was coming from the clash. So, either way, anime would still be Universal.

Anime /= Manga. In the manga they just shake the universe and Old Kai says that the universe is in danger. In the anime they were actually destroying planets and stars, and is stated multiple times that they are going to destroy the universe.

I would call it 3-B, possibly 3-A in the manga, for similar reasons as Omega Shenron's tiering.

"In the manga they just shake the universe"

And just like in the anime, they were going to destroy it as a collateral damage.

AKM sama said:
"In the manga they just shake the universe"

And just like in the anime, they were going to destroy it as a collateral damage.
This^^^ All (the obvious ones) should be 3A in the manga.

No, it's just one panel, they don't destroy anything.

No? You can see planets and stars being destroyed.

And? Regardless of what was shown, they were still going to destroy the universe, in both the anime and manga.

"They don't destroy anything" isn't really an argument.

If you guys were to at least read the above discussion, you would know that the destroying the universe statement happens in one translation, the others state devastation and it just being in jeopardy.

And even then, the destruction one doesn't mention how long, just "at this rate" and can be taken as the general "threat to the universe" statement.

There is more than one translation which says "destruction" and others also convey the same meaning.

Timeframe isn't given but Elder Kai's statement was obviously not about it getting destroyed in a million years. He was clearly referencing it to the fight, and fights don't last long.

Out of the translations we found (as shown above) that's not true, unless there are more that you know? And no, they convey a significantly less level of destruction.

The point was more that given that he isn't really being specific and the lack of detail overall, it's more likely to just be a throwaway threat to the universe statement.

One is my scan of english translation from the actual manga which my friend owns. And the other is what DMB pointed out in his Italian translation. They both said that the universe will be destroyed.

We can obviously ask Herms what's written in the actual Jap script.

Don't want to bother him, but if he's fine with translating it, then ok.

Though again, it still falls under the general threat to the universe thing which has been stated for everyone since like Frieza.

Frieza, Cell and Buu destroying the universe over time is completely different than destroying the universe as collateral damage of a fight. It's same as a GoD vs GoD in the anime which can destroy 2 universes.

SomebodyData said:
Don't want to bother him, but if he's fine with translating it, then ok.
I'll see if I can arrange that.

Frieza wasn't gonna destroy the universe, I was pointing it out as a threat to the universe statement, which unlike the anime, doesn't get detailed or stated by everyone else or gets negged by Goku, keeping it in the realm of hyperbole.

The problem with the manga is that it's just one throw away line.

The anime hammered in the point that the universe would be destroyed.

Heck they even told us what attack will destroy the universe.

The anime had multiple statements, was showing things being destroyed, the episode title mention universal destruction, and had Goku even managed to stop it.

Here Goku and Beerus clash, they says the universe could be destroyed and that's it.

If that translation is accurate, I see no reason to pass it off as hyperbole because it is consistent with the anime. Other than this statement, there is only one other statement where Champa says that he doesn't care if the universe gets destroyed. That is also not detailed and can be passed off as a throw away line for the same reason.

And then we'll have nothing in the manga which indicates their tiers.

The anime shouldn't impact the what the manga does, nor add to its legitimacy.

Well, the shaking of the Universe ranges from 4-B to 3-C, and Fusion Zamasu mentions he can destroy the galaxy.

What about the hakaishin feat?

And what if the translation turns out to be accurate?

Beerus vs Champa, Champa stating that he doesn't care if the universe is destroyed.

The gods in the manga are as strong as In The anime. Champa was going to one shot his during his fight against beerus in the manga. Te shockwave thing is irrelavent. If the void feat is present in the manga as well, it just further solidifies low 2-C hakaishins in the manga as well.

Nothing in the manga states they were going to destroy space and time just that they would destroy the Universe.

They're 3-A until new information comes out.

The GoDs in the anime are only Low 2-C because they're stronger then Infinite Zamasu who in the anime has a Low 2-C feat.

Well, you need images, and to clean up the structure a bit, but since the DBS manga is just as canon as the anime, just a different canon, I do not personally have anything against if you create a profile for this version of Goku.

I'm not exactly sure how do do the tabber thing, nor am i the best at dialogue. Since Therefir did both of those with the original profile, i'm sure he has it covered.

you can see the tabber code in goku's page and add the pictures based on the title of each pictures i guess with label

Correction: Goku and Beerus did seem to crack a planet a bit with the shockwaves if you look closely, but that's vague, i'll Admit.

I sincerely doubt that arguing about a feat that is written to be basically the exact same as the anime one to not be 3A, like the anime— arguing over semantics like "he said a threat" instead of, what, the exact same thing in the Anime? The argument that the anime shouldn't effect the manga isn't very good for this scenario specifically AT LEAST, since the pieces are based on the same scripts. People arguing for semantics when the general idea is consistent across both versions of Toriyama's script. Saying the universe will be destroyed and the universe is in jeopardy (of being destroyed) means the universe is probably gonna be destroyed if they keep fighting. I'm still confused on how shaking an entire macrocausem to the point of it almost being destroyed is 4-B or 3-C, as they were going to destroy both the living and afterlife. You could see the shockwaves there too.

Come on guys.

Back