• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How strong are the shockwaves in the manga of DBS?

I think 4-B or 4-A as they were only shaking the universe in the manga.

LordGriffin1000 said:
I think 4-B or 4-A as they were only shaking the universe in the manga.

They did reach they Kai's realm. And 4 galaxies DB universe has been debunked no more than a few days ago.

I know 4 galaxies has been debunked. I've seen the episodes showing multiple galaxies. I just thought shaking the actual universe is 4-B or 4-A.

LordGriffin1000 said:
I know 4 galaxies has been debunked. I've seen the episodes showing multiple galaxies. I just thought shaking the actual universe is 4-B or 4-A.

The problem is that the Kais said that they would have adventually destroyed it if not stopped. If it wasn't for this quote, none of DBS' characters would be 3-A.

That's in the DBS Anime, in the Manga they were only shaking the universe... At least that's what I've heard.

LordGriffin1000 said:
That's in the DBS Anime, in the Manga they were only shaking the universe... At least that's what I've heard.

I have the manga, they were goping to destroy it (still according to Elder Kai) too.

They have a different version of the quote, it was referring to the overall fight of Goku and Beerus rather than just the shockwaves. @DMB

SomebodyData said:
They have a different version of the quote, it was referring to the overall fight of Goku and Beerus rather than just the shockwaves. @DMB

The fight was very similiar, except Goku didn't absorb the God form in base, and managed to destroy Beerus' Desctruction Sphere with a Kamehameha, and then simply gave up because he was tired and didn't have enough stamina to fight anymore.

"Universe in jeapordy" (Is that fake actually? How did they spell jeopardy wrong?) =/= Universe going to be destroyed. Even Cell put the universe in jeopardy.

Even then, anime had it pointed out to be in only 2.5 clashes, there is nothing like that here, if anything rate implies even more clashes.

I don't think that's enough to put manga characters at universe level, anyway I just want to know how much energy is needed to do that feat.

Well if that's the accurate translation then it would be the same as the anime.

@SomebodyData

I see what you mean, I instantly jumped at the universe in jeopardy thing, my bad.

In the anime it also showed the shockwaves actually destroying planets and stars.

Which translation is that? The official for the English maga, or a transaltion made online when the manga first came out in Japan?

I own the italian version of the manga, in which Elder kai says:

"Di questo passo... L'intero Universo verrà distrutto!"

Which means:

"At this rate... The entire Universe will be destroyed!"

In which case, there are contradictory translations? @DMB That's not good.

@Dodo yes please

Okay so the translation of my volume is:

What is going on? The earth is strongly shaken, If it continues, the whole universe will be devastated!
~ Old Kai in DBS​
I translated from French to English

DodoNova2 said:
Okay so the translation of my volume is:
What is going on? The earth is strongly shaken, If it continues, the whole universe will be devastated!
~ Old Kai in DBS​
I translated from French to English

It seems that the quote varies from translation to translation.

Anime only @Landon I think.

If it varies then the quote would probably be considered unreliable without other ones.

DMB 1 said:
Landon Avery said:
Dosen't it say somewhere that the shockwaves got stronger as they went along?

Only in the anime, I suppose.

If thats the case wouldn't the extra damage caused by the shockwaves be the result of a chain reaction rather then the initial shockwaves them selfs?

If thats the case wouldn't the extra damage caused by the shockwaves be the result of a chain reaction rather then the initial shockwaves them selfs?

Nope, because Goku was cancelling the shockwaves even since the first clash so that what's caused the effect.

You could ask for it in the calc request thread. Also the OBD has calced it in the past and they got varying results ranging from 3-C to 3-B.

The waves could be up to 3-B. But it's doesnt matter anyway. Beerus and Champa are at least universal as well due to the statements made in their flashback fight.

I'm pretty sure this fight was implying that over time they would have destroyed the universe, not in one single clash, so 3-B seems to be right tbh

Shadowbokunohero said:
I'm pretty sure this fight was implying that over time they would have destroyed the universe, not in one single clash, so 3-B seems to be right tbh
Actually, since thy woukld have destroyed both Universes 6 and 7, that could still be Low 2-C

"The entire universe will be destroyed!!"- From the hard copy. My friend owns the manga.

Every other translation also says the same thing in one way or the other.

28471556 568519163523422 3939448556280086528 n

AKM sama said:
"The entire universe will be destroyed!!"- From the hard copy. My friend owns the manga.

Which means Manga Super Characters = 3A?!

╬Ü╬ƒ╬£╬Ö╬× said:
AKM sama said:

Which means Manga Super Characters = 3A?!
I don't see why not.

DMB 1 said:
Actually, since thy woukld have destroyed both Universes 6 and 7, that could still be Low 2-C
At this point, it's better to find the jap translation as see if the line is actually destroy the universe. I only saw the above line only about Vados and Whis talking about Beerus and Champa in the Anime, not in the Manga.

Dark649 said:
DMB 1 said:
At this point, it's better to find the jap translation as see if the line is actually destroy the universe. I only saw the above line only about Vados and Whis talking about Beerus and Champa in the Anime, not in the Manga.
Here the Japanese sca...

Back