• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How far would Corvo Attano get in the Akame ga Kill! verse?

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
Corvo has access to all of his powers, gear, and weapons. He fights each character one at a time, and after each fight he is fully rested and restocked on items, gear, and amunition. How far does he get? Who stops him?

Mostly of the AgK verse are from building to city block (except esdeath who is town)

In speed the lowest speed is Supersonic.

The problem is that mostly of the cast have building durability.

He surely could take down: Cosmina (pre-upgrade only), Izou, Enshin, Syura, Daidara, Nyau, and ibara.

The rest of the verse are too durable or faster than him.

Sorry, i didn't know that he have such abilities. How it works? and, how much he can use them?

Well, he has the ability to either slow time for 12 seconds or stop it completely for 8, but unlike Esdeath he isn't physically effected by using this power and can use it as long as he has mana, and since he starts with full mana and has 10 vials of Piero's Spiritual Remedy (Mana potions), that's about 11-12 times he can use it in one fight.

Possession allows him to jump into his opponent's body and temporarily control them, and they become incapacitated for a while after the effect is over. However, if they die while possessed then he dies as well.

Corvo can also see enemy heat signatures and fields of vision, can summon a swarm of bloodthirsty plague rats, can use powerful wind blasts, and has a minor healing factor.

Hmm, well, with the whole stop time i'm not sure (I mean, if he can react before the top tiers attack him which are around Hypersonic+)

So far, he would do it fine until Budo/Akame/Kurome/Tatsumi/Esdeath and maybe Susanoo and Dorothea.

The rest I do not see much luck on they.

All he has to do is move his hand slightly so I think he's ok.

I can see him taking out Akame, Kurome, Dorothea, and possibly Budo and Esdeath just by stopping time and moving out of their line of sight before decapitating them/backstabbing them, turning them to ash with Shadow Kill (Forgot to mention it, but its a one-hit kill against enemies that can't see you). Not sure how Susanoo's regen would handle that so maybe him as well. That or once time is stopped he can unload all of his sleep darts and finish them off while they're unconscious.

The only one I can see him having trouble with is Tatsumi, mainly because of the armor preventing Shadow Kill, his resistance to time stopping, and his adaptation (His invisibility wouldn't really be helpful because of Corvo's Dark Vision). Corvo's still has possession, but i'm not sure how much that would help him if he can't get through Tatsumi's armor.

Corvo should do fairly well to get the drop on almost anyone in this verse, aside from those who may detect him. If he partakes in open combat, he may be able to face off against any minor character in the series, even some major ones, but outright picking a fight with anyone capable of Hypersonic feats would result in him being quickly overwhelmed.

He's an assassin, and a rather intelligent one, so I don't foresee him doing anything that would compromise himself so recklessly though. As mentioned above, he is a passable addition to the verse.

Loses to either Susanoo or Tatsumi, I'd think. Susanoo has insane Regenerationn and isn't a living being, so I doubt he can possessed. Tatsumi no-sells most of his hax, outspeeds him and out-APs him significantly.

Dunno about Wave though, he doesn't have evolution like Tatsumi does, even if his AP is similar.

Alakabamm said:
Loses to either Susanoo or Tatsumi, I'd think. Susanoo has insane Regenerationn and isn't a living being, so I doubt he can possessed. Tatsumi no-sells most of his hax, outspeeds him and out-APs him significantly.

Dunno about Wave though, he doesn't have evolution like Tatsumi does, even if his AP is similar.
Those are the two I kinda figured would give him the most trouble, but remember Corvo still has the OHK against people who can't see him.

Game mechanics do not dictate what an attack specifically does. If it's in the game, chances are it has some justification for its ability without using gaming terms.

Also, there's kinda the fact that... all of Corvo's abilities are in-game abilities.

OHKO attacks exist in many forms of media, it simply works as a durability-bypassing attack to kill your enemy in one blow, like, say, shutting down your opponent's brain, destroying their soul, etc.

The Everlasting said:
OHKO attacks exist in many forms of media, it simply works as a durability-bypassing attack to kill your enemy in one blow, like, say, shutting down your opponent's brain, destroying their soul, etc.

Or a certain poison sword...

Well, in this case, I believe Corvo stabs someone. It's equivalent to a backstab from a spy in TF2. There is no OHKO mechanic there, just gameplay mechanics.

Alakabamm said:
Well, in this case, I believe Corvo stabs someone. It's equivalent to a backstab from a spy in TF2. There is no OHKO mechanic there, just gameplay mechanics.
He stabs them and they disintegrate into ash

Wave can't survive time stop.

The poison sword can be resisted with poison resistance. It also doesn't work on inorganic things. I wouldn't expect it to work on, say, Luffy for example, at least post-Magellan Luffy.

Corvo can stop time and teleport
Can he teleport anywhere?

No, but if time is stopped Wave isn't really going anywhere

WeeklyBattles said:
Can he teleport anywhere? No, but if time is stopped Wave isn't really going anywhere
Do they know anything about each other in the fight?

Alakabamm said:
WeeklyBattles said:
Alakabamm said:
He stabs them and they disintegrate into ash
Seems like that is an ability, not a feature of the OHKO game mechanic
http://dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Kill

Huh...well i'll be damned, my bad i'll change it. I still believe that Corvo could beat Susanoo, his weak spot is fairly obvious. One time stop and a few sticky grenades on his core should be enough to put him down, and since Najenda wouldn't be there to revive him (He'll start with his trump card) that'd be the end of him. Tatsumi would be the real problem though.

Corvo can stop time and teleportCan he teleport anywhere? No, but if time is stopped Wave isn't really going anywhere
Do they know anything about each other in the fight?

No, but Corvo has shown in several fights to lead with Time Stop.

WeeklyBattles said:
Can he teleport anywhere?No, but if time is stopped Wave isn't really going anywhereDo they know anything about each other in the fight? No, but Corvo has shown in several fights to lead with Time Stop.
Will Wave start out already equipped?

Corvo can stop time and teleportCan he teleport anywhere?No, but if time is stopped Wave isn't really going anywhereDo they know anything about each other in the fight? No, but Corvo has shown in several fights to lead with Time Stop.
Will Wave start out already equipped?

Yes but Time Stop can be activated with a thought

WeeklyBattles said:
Can he teleport anywhere?No, but if time is stopped Wave isn't really going anywhereDo they know anything about each other in the fight?No, but Corvo has shown in several fights to lead with Time Stop.Will Wave start out already equipped? Yes but Time Stop can be activated with a thought
Sub sonic or supersonic mind reaction?

Corvo doesn't have nor need that kind of mental aid, especially against Wave--this is an individual who was bested immediately upon encountering Esdeath (as the mystery attendant) for the first time, under the very same circumstances you're presenting, without knowing anything about her (or that she was even Esdeath herself) because he was hesitant and assessing the new face in the room.

Corvo has a massive away-field advantage in this universe; he isn't going to question the opposition he faces--he will shoot first and ask questions later. He does not need to threat-assess here. Meanwhile, every other character here who comes into contact with him will question which side of the in-verse conflict he's on, and that's only if they detect him before he is able to kill them, which is not likely when you consider all of his boons.

Jaded Fates said:
Corvo doesn't have nor need that kind of mental aid, especially against Wave--this is an individual who was bested immediately upon encountering Esdeath (as the mystery attendant) for the first time, under the very same circumstances you're presenting, without knowing anything about her (or that she was even Esdeath herself) because he was hesitant and assessing the new face in the room.
Corvo has a massive away-field advantage in this universe; he isn't going to question the opposition he faces--he will shoot first and ask questions later. He does not need to threat-assess here. Meanwhile, every other character here who comes into contact with him will question which side of the in-verse conflict he's on, and that's only if they detect him before he is able to kill them, which is not likely when you consider all of his boons.
I don't think you understand what I said. I asked how fast his mind moves because if it's not as fast as him, he gets pummeled before he can do anything because Hypersonic+ is a lot higher then Supersonic reaction speed.

I find your insinuation of my not understanding what you were asking rather rude. What you were proposing is that Wave and Corvo encounter one another in the open, Wave pre-equipped with Grand Chariot and Corvo at the ready to stop time.

I was attempting to illustrate (via example) that Wave has shown consistency in being mentally slower than his peers in the Akame ga Kill! universe. By comparison, Dishonored's Corvo is a master strategist--he is capable of single-handedly infiltrating heavily guarded buildings and assassinating the corrupt nobles and officials secured inside without being detected. Where mental agility is concerned, Corvo's appears superior by feats alone.

As far as your scenario is concerned, you are operating under the assumption that Corvo and Wave have met in an open encounter, the latter pre-equipped with Grand Chariot. You did not mention, or neglected to, the circumstances under which they've encountered one another. How far is Wave from Corvo? Has Wave already moved to strike him? Does Wave even know he is an adversary? Better yet, is Wave aware that Corvo is a threat? Are they aware of one another's abilities? (You answered no, so that already makes things on uneven ground, providing an edge to Corvo.)

I understood exactly what you had asked, but you appear to be operating under the assumption that Wave is simply going kill Corvo in an instance, at a moment's notice, which is contradictory to his very character. Wave is a humble fisherman from an outlier village who possesses an average intelligence, perhaps slightly above, and has consistently shown poor threat-assessment skills. You are basing the entire arrangement purely on a physical level--not each respective character's level, which is wrong and defeats the entire purpose of crossovers if the characters themselves are not in character.

Back