• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dishonored: 9-A continues to not make sense + other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theoretically we could calculate it, just need to do a deep dive on explosives experiments to find studies on such circumstances. But I think the total energy lost between the distance and the matter absorbing the blast would knock Corvo's durability out of the 9-A range. Although, I'm pretty sure there's instances of him surviving hits from Arc Mines, which are 9-A for vaporizing normal humans. Doubt it will give him 9-A outright, but should at least give him 9-A dura against energy

There’s a feat of a fodder witch busting a prison room. I linked the picture of the aftermath and the audio of it when it happened. I dunno if it can be called but it’s there.

There’s a feat of a fodder witch busting a prison room. I linked the picture of the aftermath and the audio of it when it happened. I dunno if it can be called but it’s there.

Ah I forgot about that. Yeah, maybe it could preserve 9-A Dishonored

Since we can't measure the energy loss of the explosion through that wall, we'll have to take the 9-A calc up there since it's the best we have. We only need to put it in a blog post, and voilà, serviceable for a profile. "At least 9-B, possibly 9-A, would be best given the potential energy loss of the explosion.
So should we use this solution, in order to reach some kind of constructive conclusion here?

Either that or we find other Dishonored feats. I'm unfamiliar with the series so I can't help there.

I think 9-B, possibly 9-A works best for now, as there are 9-A feats that he and comparable characters are involved in, but we need to examine them more closely before we can say for sure that 9-A Dishonored stays

Okay. That seems good to me at least.

What do the rest of you think?

I think this is the proper audio for the room bust feat btw.

Isn’t snapping necks class 1 ls?
Depends on how you snap the neck.

Simply twisting it like in most fiction wouldn't necessarily cut it, but AFAIK, these guys pull draw weights on their crossbows powerful enough to shear heads clean off of bodies, and to do something like that, you'd need Class 1 to Class 5 LS.

Depends on how you snap the neck.

Simply twisting it like in most fiction wouldn't necessarily cut it, but AFAIK, these guys pull draw weights on their crossbows powerful enough to shear heads clean off of bodies, and to do something like that, you'd need Class 1 to Class 5 LS.
That's probably the most clean-cut change we've got proposed at the moment, should I go ahead and add it?

(7:51)
So whilst Corvo is escaping the prison before he gets his powers he has to plant a bomb to blow up a big metal prison door. I’m pretty sure Corvo can survive it but i need to find video of it.

(7:51)
So whilst Corvo is escaping the prison before he gets his powers he has to plant a bomb to blow up a big metal prison door. I’m pretty sure Corvo can survive it but i need to find video of it.

Can he survive it right in his face at chest-hugging distance?

This is strange, since Corvo can die to any oil tank even if he is meters away
Oil tanks are generally not calc'able because deflagration is a thing, since oil can't explode like most conventional explosives, it only combusts, deflagration, the method used to calculate the energy of said combustion, can inflate stuff to deep into Tier 8 and is mostly heat and no blunt-force trauma like the overpressure in most conventional explosions (I know, I know, the whole heat vs blunt force trauma CRT by DontTalkDT is yet to arrive, but just thought I'd let y'all know of calc'ing fuel-based combustion feats).

the size of the Coldridge door seems to be roughly 2 times taller than Corvo, possibly higher. The only thing we have in regard's to Corvo's height is a GameInformer article which states he's 6'4", or 193 centimeters, so it should be at least 3.86 meters tall

Oil tanks are generally not calc'able because deflagration is a thing, since oil can't explode like most conventional explosives, it only combusts, deflagration, the method used to calculate the energy of said combustion, can inflate stuff to deep into Tier 8 and is mostly heat and no blunt-force trauma like the overpressure in most conventional explosions (I know, I know, the whole heat vs blunt force trauma CRT by DontTalkDT is yet to arrive, but just thought I'd let y'all know of calc'ing fuel-based combustion feats).
Isn't whale oil something supernatural in Dishonored? Like, I don't really remember, but I'm pretty sure it's more like energy than deflagration.

Isn't whale oil something supernatural in Dishonored? Like, I don't really remember, but I'm pretty sure it's more like energy than deflagration.
No? Whale oil is entirely natural in dishonored and isn’t related to the void or magic in anyway.

Still deflagration if it doesn't show signs of overpressure like a conventional boom does (As in, the pressure that blows stuff away at high speeds and destroys stuff like metal, rock and reinforced concrete). And even if it does show the overpressure, you can't use deflagration to begin with, you need to use the good old explosion formulae or find the destruction value of the materials it can destroy in its vicinity when combusting.

The force of the explosion fragmented the bodies of more than 10 soldiers and not burn anything

Does it have any feats in cutscenes of blowing up walls and other metal structures?

Because fragmenting bodies is Wall level, and that's for complete destruction of the body, not just detachment of limbs or vertical detachment.

If the relevant calculation blogs have been evaluated and accepted by our calc group, it should probably be fine to use them as far as I am concerned at least.

What do you think, KLOL?

Okay. Is somebody willing to apply what has been accepted here please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back