• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dishonored: 9-A continues to not make sense + other things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
So I've been reading the books for Corvo/Daud feats and I haven't really found anything 9-A so I guess I'll just finalize that thread I made ages ago.

For Corvo​

Defeated Daud, who can survive grenades and explosive arrows. Has access to explosives with yields of this magnitude and Wind Blast which creates a blast of this size
No explosions in the Dishonored games are 9-A. The actual explosion radius of them is 9-C, the damage they do to human bodies in-game isn't breaching 9-B. Grenades can also kill you in-game if you take them point-blank, depending on some particulars.

Corvo actually doesn't use explosive arrows, Daud does. Corvo uses incendiary bolts, which light enemies on fire, there's actually a distinction.

Can survive being hit with grenades and explosive crossbow bolt

See above.

lmao

For Daud​

His Arc Mines can vaporize a full-grown human. He can deal as much damage as this physically and with well-placed hits with his other weaponry
Daud doesn't vaporize people with literally any other piece of gear or attack or power in his arsenal.

Small Building Class (Even his casual strikes can knock grown men several feet backward and/or instantly kill them)

lmfao

this is from a sensationalized newspaper report talking about tall tales about Daud. the same one says he had horns lol, this is not a reliable statement.

Class 1 with pull

doesn't even have a reason lol

Daud doesn't use stun mines

Deconstruction (Arc Mine; A device which disintegrates any who approach it)

vaporizing people isn't deconstruction, unless some kind of general revision changed this idk

Possession (Corvo is unable to possess him)

Corvo can possess Daud. Daud is just A) aware of the fact and B) can kick Corvo out. You still control Daud's movements while you're in him.

Mind Manipulation, Transmutation and Deconstruction (Individuals with the outsider's mark, such as Delilah Copperspoon have shown to be immune to the powers of Mesmerize, and Shadow Kill)

Why does this apply to every person with an Outsider Mark?

Why does this apply to every person with an Outsider Mark?

Also, The Duke of Serkonos is not marked with the Outsider and is perfectly sane after that event, alongside uhhh everyone else there besides Stilton.

Daud is literally not immune to this and died because of exposure to the Twin-Bladed Knife i.e. void shit. "likely comparable" is a synonym for "I have no proof for this, bro trust me"

Memory Manipulation (Chokedust; A device that releases when thrown, when upgraded to chokedust the smoke can induce amnesia making enemies forget ever seeing Daud)

This reads very similar to "Memory Manipulation: Can give people concussions", yes, the smoke ***** up people's memories because drugs/whale oil, no, this is not because Daud has access to a power that lets him manipulate memories.

"Bro trust me"

For Billie​

Took hits from Daud in her fight with him, and can survive blasts from his arc mines that can vaporize a human
Billie's body in the game isn't destructible because, simply there's a cutscene that needs to play after you beat her. Play Death of the Outsider as Billie and walk into a Wall of Light for an example of how this isn't reflected even within the game itself. Same with playing as Corvo, Emily, or Daud.

This is also a heat resistance feat, not a general durability feat - being able to survive 9-A heat does not mean you can survive getting punched by a 9-A punch, yada yada heat vaporization bad fake

tl;dr current justifications suck and need to be revised

9-B is where most of the characters should fall. Daud can punch through steel machinery, Corvo can take a cabinet to the face that broke through a metal grate and take hits from a guy that can punch through metal, idk how low or high any of this is you guys can calc it or something

Other Shit​

Daud's range doesn't include his powers:

Range: Extended range with sword, Dozens of meters with pistol, crossbow, and explosives

Daud can blink 50 yards, how this applies to other transversal users is vague but Corvo has similar feats in a trailer and Emily probably does too.

Daud can use Pull form across a rooftop and it has a pretty crazy range in the game itself

idk the other power ranges, just pointing out the numbers aren't there

Corvo/Emily have a calculated speed now, a calc member telling me I'm smart for punching in numbers would be nice

Last edited:
Building level Corvo and others never made sense to me, in gameplay their best feats are busting doors with Wind.
Them being small building also doesn't make sense narratively.
As for speed can't you block bullets or was it just arrows?

Also I don't know how legit this feat is but Billie managed to use a Time Stop before the explosion spread, too bad we have little context from her side but I believe this can be a possible reaction feat.

Corvo has bullet feats outside of gameplay.

X3NXhSO.png

Daud has a bullet feat in the book - although he's reacting to the sound so it's probably not that fast relative to the other feats.

He was free, but his back was now presented to the other two.

There was a bang. Daud moved without thinking, his natural instincts guiding him as he pushed off the cobbles, the Mark of the Outsider allowing him to shift to the narrow window ledge of an overlooking building, then, with just enough purchase under the toe of his boot to spin himself around, Daud transversed back down to the alley.

Dishonored: The Return of Daud, Chapter 13

And obviously you can deflect bullets in the game.

The first post seems to make sense to me.

Thank you. It seems unlikely that Dargoo will make corrections after all of this time though.

Would you be willing to handle it yourself instead?

Thank you. Your calculations have been accepted by our calc group, so they can probably be applied.

Thank you. Your calculations have been accepted by our calc group, so they can probably be applied.
I only did the calculations and I know only the speed would apply to most of the folk.

About AP, I know nothing about Dishonored that much so if some people can help me out with the scaling that'd be great.

Yes, community help would be appreciated.

Bump

Shall I apply the speed revisions for now? I'm uncertain regarding the AP side of things, granted there may be better feats to look into in the future, so help in that regard would certainly be useful.

Bump

Shall I apply the speed revisions for now? I'm uncertain regarding the AP side of things, granted there may be better feats to look into in the future, so help in that regard would certainly be useful.
@Wokistan @Zaratthustra

Would you be willing to help out with input here please?

As for the other feats, like these:

9-B is where most of the characters should fall. Daud can punch through steel machinery, Corvo can take a cabinet to the face that broke through a metal grate and take hits from a guy that can punch through metal, idk how low or high any of this is you guys can calc it or something
I can't calc them, the first one doesn't have any dimensions from which I could derive the volume destroyed, the second one has terrible visuals which would be an absolute nightmare to calc.

9-B seems like the best AP rating for now, until better feats can be calced
Okay then.

Who scales to the grenades, and how would the AP and dura justifications be worded? How many profiles would be affected by this?

Do they have any movement speed feats? The bullet-smacking is merely the combat speed and reactions (Unless there are some feats of overcoming Emily/Corvo's combat speed and reactions via sheer movement alone).

So there are five relevant profiles in the verse, and currently they are stated to scale with each other (with bad justification as established in the thread).

Corvo and Emily and Daud all scale in durability and speed. They have the same vitality upgrades, Corvo and Emily have the reflex upgrades to deflect bullets, and Daud has feats where he reacts to bullets after they are fired in his novel.

Billie in her first key does have an Arcane Bond from Daud with vitality upgrade, but nothing about reflexes (to be fair that was introduced in the sequel). Corvo and Emily are both able to fight off Whalers without the Outsider's Mark, so the Arcane Bond doesn't prove increased combat speed.
In her second key, she only gets vitality and reflex upgrades from Bone Charms which are optional equipment and not something she inherently has. So maybe we can mention her stats at base and with Bone Charms.

Delilah is able to react and stop Corvo's Blink, which shows superhuman reflex, otherwise she is a boss although she uses trickery. Could be either way though I'd say she likely fully scales.

Okay then.

Who scales to the grenades, and how would the AP and dura justifications be worded? How many profiles would be affected by this?

Do they have any movement speed feats? The bullet-smacking is merely the combat speed and reactions (Unless there are some feats of overcoming Emily/Corvo's combat speed and reactions via sheer movement alone).
The grenades aren't really much of a factor, there's several feats with way higher yields than their blast radius, and about on the same level as their ability to blast a human into chunks (it's a bit inconsistent, as is basically the entire rest of the dismemberment system, but a grenade can trigger all dismemberments in one fell swoop, turning enemies into a headless quadriplegic), that's Wall level.

Another thing that should be mentioned is that Corvo can manually reload his crossbow, which can fire a bolt with enough force to decapitate someone. Iirc, decapitations via sheer physical force as opposed to cutting are Class 5, so that should scale to Corvo's lifting strength

Also, some of his feats (including Class 5 crossbow) are performed before being marked, so he should get a key for before getting the Mark of the Outsider

As for phrasing the justifications, that shouldn't be much of a problem, much fewer hoops to jump through to justify 9-B with the feats available

Thank you to everybody who are helping out here.

The grenades aren't really much of a factor, there's several feats with way higher yields than their blast radius
Basado, I'd need the links.

Another thing that should be mentioned is that Corvo can manually reload his crossbow, which can fire a bolt with enough force to decapitate someone. Iirc, decapitations via sheer physical force as opposed to cutting are Class 5, so that should scale to Corvo's lifting strength

Also, some of his feats (including Class 5 crossbow) are performed before being marked, so he should get a key for before getting the Mark of the Outsider
Holy ****. Even more based.

As for phrasing the justifications, that shouldn't be much of a problem, much fewer hoops to jump through to justify 9-B with the feats available
Thanks.

Basado, I'd need the links.
Nvm about the grenades, saw your recalc and I doubt the uncalced but obviously 9-B feats are matching or surpassing them. Dunno how scaling to them would work tho since I couldn't tell you at what distance they're survivable since I'm a good boy who 9/10 does Low Chaos thus not a lot of grenades get chucked at me

Nvm about the grenades, saw your recalc and I doubt the uncalced but obviously 9-B feats are matching or surpassing them. Dunno how scaling to them would work tho since I couldn't tell you at what distance they're survivable since I'm a good boy who 9/10 does Low Chaos thus not a lot of grenades get chucked at me
Any video of trying to have them explode under your feet? They only need to be 0.23 m close if they're like 171 cm tall and 62 kg heavy because of inverse-square law (But even having the bombs explode right under your feet is overkill levels of close), but I'm pretty sure Dishonored boys are taller and heavier than that so they could get some leeway at taking said bombs in their face.

But basically, if they can take the bomb anywhere closer than that, they scale in full.

Any video of trying to have them explode under your feet? They only need to be 0.23 m close if they're like 171 cm tall and 62 kg heavy because of inverse-square law (But even having the bombs explode right under your feet is overkill levels of close), but I'm pretty sure Dishonored boys are taller and heavier than that so they could get some leeway at taking said bombs in their face.

But basically, if they can take the bomb anywhere closer than that, they scale in full.
I don't have any videos, no. As for collecting videos, I don't have the free time currently to boot up the game myself or sift through playthroughs, and basically every short and sweet gameplay video of Dishonored has the player taking no damage from enemies whatsoever

Gathered interesting footage from a reddit respect thread:

Bisecting humans with a sword strike:

Blowing multiple humans into chunks with a grenade:

Clockwork Soldier surviving a grenade:

Ripping the head of a Clockwork Soldier then ripping its body apart:

Upgraded pistol bisecting a human

Shotgun upgrade for pistol destroying Clockwork Soldier

Crossbow decapitating a human

Stun mine destroying a Clockwork Soldier in a cinematic trailer

Huh. A High Chaos playthrough might actually be fun.
Nice. Means they can fight against robots that tank the grenades right in their bodies. Would've still been nice to have a video of a grenade explode under your own feet tho

BTW, warning, you gotta upload all of those somewhere else, like YouTube or Imgur or something, we can't use gfycat anymore.

We need to calc this as it can bring 9-A back.

The comics has Corvo survive a large explosion from Bone Charms rigged to explode:
Mmz7dwM.png
7wrXJec.jpeg

Th0QKJ3.jpeg
V4vv6M5.jpeg

Corvo and Emily jump down from top of the clocktower to drop assassinate people on a lower platform. One of the targets tries to escape by climbing down via. rope, and Emily pursues. Emily then feels pain and loses her footing, she then notices that the platform is rigged to explode through Bone Charms attached to its bottom. Explosion ensues, and Corvo loses consciousness and gets bandaged all over his body, but is not mutilated despite much of the clocktower being shattered.

We can start reuploading while writing the text of the new justification, since we might not use all of the footage. I think I can also shorten and combine the sword bisection footage, and shorten the clockwork soldier fight footage.

Last edited:
We need to calc this as it can bring 9-A back.

The comics has Corvo survive a large explosion from Bone Charms rigged to explode:
Mmz7dwM.png
7wrXJec.jpeg

Th0QKJ3.jpeg
V4vv6M5.jpeg

Corvo and Emily jump down from top of the clocktower to drop assassinate people on a lower platform. One of the targets tries to escape by climbing down via. rope, and Emily pursues. Emily then feels pain and loses her footing, she then notices that the platform is rigged to explode through Bone Charms attached to its bottom. Explosion ensues, and Corvo loses consciousness and gets bandaged all over his body, but is not mutilated despite much of the clocktower being shattered.

We can start reuploading while writing the text of the new justification, since we might not use all of the footage. I think I can also shorten and combine the sword bisection footage, and shorten the clockwork soldier fight footage.
Was Corvo in the epicenter of the explosion?

No, might be non-insignificant cushioning as well. The distance of Corvo from the epicenter would be the thickness of the platform's floor. The explosives were attached underneath the platform he was standing on.
The clocktower can be likened to something like this but with thicker platforms.
torre-de-vigia-da-serra-das-talhadas-siza-vieira-6.jpg

No, might be non-insignificant cushioning as well. The distance of Corvo from the epicenter would be the thickness of the platform's floor. The explosives were attached underneath the platform he was standing on.
The clocktower can be likened to something like this but with thicker platforms.
torre-de-vigia-da-serra-das-talhadas-siza-vieira-6.jpg
Hmmmmmm, one could assume the floor to be 12 to 14 inches thick at minimum then. That'd be the distance between him and the explosives attached beneath the floor.

EDIT: Okay so Corvo Attano is 6ft 4 (1.93 m) but that's just the height. Any weight values? Average human weight of 62 kg would be too low for him. Should we try figuring out his normal BMI weight index then? Need it for the cross-sectional area (Half that of surface area). Since once the inverse-square law is done we multiply the yield tanked with the cross-sectional area.

This site says that ideal weight for a dude that is 6ft 4in would be at least 182 lbs minimum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back