• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How does one become a staff member?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been on and watching the wiki for a while, but there's always been this question I've had. How does a member actually become a staff member? Is there some application process, interviews, or are people just scouted for positions?

What is it like being one? Is the job demanding serval hours or is it just a casual hobby?

The third one mainly. Staff can recommend people to the purples and once there's enough candidates the staff drives happen where the staff get sent lists of candidates and say their piece on everyone, then the purples come to a final decision. Ant told me that he was interested in me as discussion mod back when I was at like 4k edits but I didn't get promoted until closer to 10k, so these things can take a while. At least that's my understanding of it, still relatively new as staff.

I guess this would depend on your role. Discussion Mod isn't like super demanding for me or anything, but I can just have the site open in another tab and contribute every so often if I'm using my computer for something else.

To be fair I didn't get banned over dark souls revisions

How to become staff: Don't become a fodder

He who fights fodders should see to it that he himself does not become a fodder. And if you gaze for long into a tier 10 verse, the verse gazes also into you
~ Some insane dude with a Nazi sister​

You were successful in slaying yourself?

I dunno, just do good and then you might get recommend or something. You could also try bribing Ant with accurate Marvel and DC ratings.

Wise words Foddokistan, you're knowledge of foddery is impresisve, you're worthy of being my rival

But Fr tho, I was banned for being a ragging asshole, now I have changed 360 degrees

Wait a second, this is a dark conspiracy.

The name of this guy is Galaxian Aegis

The name of the founder was Galaxian Pyrom

Now he trynna fit back in so he can become staff

Then he'll overthrow Ant and rule the wiki with an iron fist and reclaim what's rightfully his

Chyeaaa Holmes ain't got shit on me bruh

Well, the main way to become a staff member is mainly to come here regularly, and you may be judged by a combination of multiple things such as knowledge, editing and reasoning skills, social skills (Meaning being nice and friendly to everyone is important), and many other things. Also being good friends with many other uses and staff is also a pretty good way, and other staff members can recommend users privately.

I sometimes feel like being a staff member, then I remember the bias I often get to some verses and I forget about it.

Is bias allowed for a staff member to a "tolerable" degree?

Finally a serious answer!

Tbh I don't think I can make it being being a staff here even though I want to. I come in regularly and I try to be on my best behavior but when it comes to actual knowledge and editing I fall flat on my face.

Everyone is biased in some way. To deny that would be unreasonable. However, you shouldn't let your bias be affecting how you judge revisions and stuff, and should try to make sure your decisions are consistent.

The verses you like or dislike should have 0 correlation to how verses should be rated, but some people do that anyway yes.

pretty much what woki said lol and anyhow, being and staying a staff member is up to u, but who puts u there are other staff member, based on ur 'previous life'

I´m sure I wouldn´t qualify good enought to be an staff member because I´m known to make messy code with the edits as I lead with Visual Mode.

Bobsican said:
I´m sure I wouldn´t qualify good enought to be an staff member because I´m known to make messy code with the edits as I lead with Visual Mode.
Practice makes perfect. Keep at it and you will be a pro soon enough. Tbh if anyone should be a staff member it's you. You're very hardworking even if you're not correct all the time and you're very kind and patient. The whole Barney controversy is a pretty clear proof of this.

Oh thanks, I sure wouldn´t mind considering I log in the site almost daily for at least 3 hours, that and the fact that I would be able to fix more stuff.

In fact, that´s why I tried so hard to get 10k edits, even if most of those were for misspelling edits.

Bobsican said:
Oh thanks, I sure wouldn´t mind considering I log in the site almost daily for at least 3 hours, that and the fact that I would be able to fix more stuff.

In fact, that´s why I tried so hard to get 10k edits, even if most of those were for misspelling edits.
It's more about the quality of those edits than anything else

I know, which is why I also don´t feel like becoming one yet, I don´t want to fail the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back