• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How does one become a staff member?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is basically correct.

The reason for why the staff recruitment drives take so long is that we first need enough candidates, and then some very reliable bureaucrat or administrator has to to organise them, which takes considerable time.

Currently I am waiting for Promestein to find the time to do so, but she has been very busy lately.

I wouldn't have become a calc group member if I had skipped my physics classes.

@GalaxianAegis

We have a pretty large staff, but most of them are busy IRL, so I have to work extremely hard so the wiki won't collapse into chaos.

As I keep saying, I am trying to keep the wiki organised, I am definitely not attempting to boss people around, which would be idiotic to say the least.

Antvasima said:
@GalaxianAegis
We have a pretty large staff, but most of them are busy IRL, so I have to work extremely hard so the wiki won't collapse into chaos.

As I keep saying, I am trying to keep the wiki organised, I am definitely not attempting to boss people around, which would be idiotic to say the least.
Honestly i feel like someone having evidence of you being bossy, would be something they must have bought from the deep weeb considering your track history of being the peaceful negotiator.

I mean this with intentions of being humorous.

Well, I tend to get annoyed when I am extremely busy and distracted, and some members still force me to argue extensively about something.

I feel kinda sad there aren't many people to lighten the load for Ant. He's like the top contributor to the wiki. Fact is, it makes no sense why though. If you go to the VS Battles Staff and look at admin, you probably think "Oh yeah, Ant has a lot of people to help him out" but really, no one puts in the same amount of work as Ant and Promestein. There aren't many bureaucrats here either. So I thank Ant for all his work around here.

Lol sayo had literally 2 edits for several months on end

Chat mods are different though. I wasn't saying it in the sense of "my edit count reached this number so I became staff" but rather in the sense of "I got 6000 edits between being told I was a candidate and actually being promoted so things can take some time'.

Yeah, a lot of people do have school and/or RL jobs to take care of on top of working here. But yeah, even the message wall greetings on his wall mention that it's best to contact other staff members if you have questions. I too try to work really hard to cover for other staff members who may be busy. But I agree, Antvasima is by far the most important contributor here given all the hard work he puts into managing the site. Dark649, Promestein, and a few others are also very hard working as well.

I'm just a person looking from the outside in, so I don't know everything that's actually going on. I feel like there is a great need for more members that know how to perform good edits on pages and maintain the status of the site along with reviewing old material that no longer fits the current standards.

It looks to me like there are some verses that undergo constant revisions and there are other lesser known ones on the massive wiki that can't get processed. More people might help with that kind of evaluation process, at least in the specific Content Moderator position.

Well, there are some staff members, such as Promestein and Dark649, who also work very hard to make sure that the wiki functions properly.

Antvasima said:
Well, there are some staff members, such as Promestein and Dark649, who also work very hard to make sure that the wiki functions properly.
I know. That's why it makes no sense to me that you're so busy.

In every organisation, there exists a hierarchy. An individual can rise up the hierarchy by getting promotions. However, there is one inevitable barrier everyone must overcome in order to rise up. That obstacle is THE GLASS CEILING.

How to break this glass ceiling, you ask? Merely defeat this person and you'll get instantaneous promotion.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Message_Wall:Theglassman12

TacticalNuke002 said:
In every organisation, there exists a hierarchy. An individual can rise up the hierarchy by getting promotions. However, there is one inevitable barrier everyone must overcome in order to rise up. That obstacle is THE GLASS CEILING.

How to break this glass ceiling, you ask? Merely defeat this person and you'll get instantaneous promotion.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Message_Wall:Theglassman12
Gear up, men. This means war.

It worked for me! My name totally has not been blue throughout my entire vs battles career, of course not.

I think Appeasement hasn't been patched yet, so that's an option.

But, to be serious, all the help and advice that you need has been given above. Follow what the current admins do, and try to replicate how they handle situations and tasks on the site. You'll get a grip on what to do and how to do them very quickly. Good luck!

Being serious, helping out with verses that are in near constant revision is a good thing for the site, and things can't really run smoothly without people willing to help out there. You don't have to be in every CRT ever but if you know a verse or two that are constantly being revised then helping out there is great. You're already helping with the Destiny stuff, which is good.

m a t h

and

k n o w l e d g e

and

possibly others. There's no way of signing up. Participate and if people like what you're doing and it aligns enough with the goals of the site, you may or may not be asked (possibly several times) to join staff to some capacity.

that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back