• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hot Blondes: Yang vs Dio

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't really a super relevant thing to keep harping on, though trying to hide something like that generally just leads to issues. No more on this.

Because a win is technically possible, but very unlikely.

Getting hit very little and as such not taking nearly as much of a stamina penalty as she's actually going to. That, or playing keep away, since DIO's range isn't that great.

@Wok This is Pre-timeskip Yang, she goes out of her way to get hit and almost never plays keepaway. She relies on her semblance to win fights.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean she cant. Her being bad doesn't mean that it is totally impossible to win.

Hitting in weak spots is still a thing, Dio's overconfidences, I don't think he can consume Yang's blood while she has the aura, they could be more.

Yes it does actually. Dio hits her a few times, she uses her semblance and punches him, he regens while her aura is down and her semblance wears off and kills her. There is no way for her to win.

So this is a stomp because of CIS?

I don't even know where to start with that argument...

@King No its a stomp because of how Yang's semblance works, her limited aura, and Dio's regen and hax

There's a far greater chance of yang winning out here than there is of the Eversor Assassin dodging the Lich for a day, but that match we aren't considering a stomp.

I'm totally ok with the latter not being a stomp btw. I want consistency, not just my characters to win lol

You haven't debunked anything. You've stated disagreements and made several circular arguments, but you haven't disproven anything that has been said in favor of her having a chance to win.

@Schnee Yes and most of her wins were removed because the same logic was used in them whats your point?

Can=/=Will. It is possible for Yang to win by acting differently, but its not going to happen. Due to the existence of such a possibility, the match is not a stomp.

Yang's aura doesnt matter as it will go down in a few minutes, her semblance doesnt matter as it will run out quickly and Dio will regenerate from it, as soon her aura goes down he can just punch her or stab her or freeze her or bloodsuck her and she'll die, and he has the stamina to regenerate from any damage she does.

Wokistan said:
Can=/=Will. It is possible for Yang to win by acting differently, but its not going to happen. Due to the existence of such a possibility, the match is not a stomp.
Even if she acted differently she cant win

Really now?

Are the opponents she currently has wins against able to beat her regen?

Or did those matches get removed not because they were stomps, but were outdated.

Schnee One said:
Really now?

Are the opponents she currently has wins against able to beat her regen?

Or did those matches get removed not because they were stomps, but were outdated.
Yes actually they are able to beat her regen

<Checks Sinbad thread

No he can't from what everyone said.

<Checks the Deir thread

People literally said Soul wasn't applicable.

<Chevks Steves thread

You actively said his disintegration with rotten was too slow.

WeeklyBattles said:
Yang's aura doesnt matter as it will go down in a few minutes, her semblance doesnt matter as it will run out quickly and Dio will regenerate from it, as soon her aura goes down he can just punch her or stab her or freeze her or bloodsuck her and she'll die, and he has the stamina to regenerate from any damage she does.
Dio's regen isn't infinite, as has been stated multiple times, and neither is his stamina.

Dio's freeze fails to make it through fire-based attacks, as shown in-canon. She has to touch him barehanded, or vice-versa.

She's stronger and more durable than him to start off with, so he's definitely not one-shotting her through AP.

A character's choices do not eliminate the options they have to win.

A stomp is when someone, under no circumstances, can win.

Yang is just getting in her own way, she does have methods of victory.

I will unfollow this circling.

@King Its more than good enough to let him regenerate from anythig Yang can do

Okay? What fire attacks does Yang have?

The gap is negligible against durability negating hax

@Schnee Then put them in the match removal thread along with some of her losses which are also outdated

WeeklyBattles said:
@Schnee Then put them in the match removal thread along with some of her losses which are also outdated
You could just remove them yourself

Alternatively, we leave Ryukos wins and let this go by, which is an immensely better idea

WeeklyBattles said:
@King Its more than good enough to let him regenerate from anythig Yang can do
Okay? What fire attacks does Yang have?

The gap is negligible against durability negating hax
Prove that.
You tell me. It says she has Fire Manipulation on her profile.

He has exactly one durability negating power he uses.

I'm voting for Dio, btw. More than enough reasons have been given, and only one person believes the match to be a stomp.

I'm pretty sure that puts us above the threshold for a concluded match.

@King Her aura lasts all of a few minutes and once its gone she gets physically exhausted and is vulnerable to everything he has.

Fire manip is a byproduct of her semblance and its only a small burst of it when she uses it

Thats more than enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back