• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hoopa upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was discussed a year ago, but died.

Hoopa is small country level. So for this reason, I don't really see a reason for his fight against Lugia to be dismissed as an outlier. A few points brought up in the last thread were the fact that the entire fight was PIS, due to Mega Rayquaza handling Giratina. But..., this is a completely different Mega Rayquaza, and for all we know, it could be a completely different Giratina (I'm not to sure about it though). Hoopa fights off multiple legendary Pokemon throughout his entire movie, and although Pokemon movies are riddled with PIS, given our current rating of him and Lugia's being so close, I see no reason for Hoopa's fight with Lugia to be dismissed as an outlier.

Also, Hoopa scales to Latios and Latias, who are somewhat comparable to the birds, who can take on Lugia when all of them are together. If 3 birds can take down Lugia, then shouldn't Hoopa fighting more legendaries be enough to upgrade him?

This would upgrade unbound Hoopa to Country Level if accepted.

To add on to the Lugia stuff, from what I read, the Hoopa that was losing to Lugia was the shadow Hoopa Unbound. Aka the one that is weakened and unstable.

Remember, Hoopa at that point had its power split between the real Hoopa and his "shadow" self. The one that's evil, unstable and cannot fully control its power. So Lugia being able to overwhelm it would be logical and not an outlier against Shadow Hoopa. Or at the very least, Hoopa when it's complete.

I made this pretty late at night, so I'm hoping to get s'more responses tomorrow, but like Kuiki said, there's no reason it should be an outlier.

As to stuff like Regigigas and Zekrom though, I'm not sure. I only went for country level because Hoopa is already close in tier among other things. Hoopa is nowhere near Regigigas and Zekrom, so I don't know how to go about those. (5-B Hoopa-U sounds cool tho...)

22Easy said:
I can agree with that. Is there anyone who scales to Hoopa that would be upgraded as well?
No-one else other than Hoopa, and the best i can give is at least Low 6-B, likely 6-B.

Ok cool. I've seen some suggestions like "Possibly Country level" and "At least small country level, possibly higher".

I think I like the former more, but the latter also makes sense. Any suggestions, since it seems the general consesus is to not outright make Hoopa 6-B.

Why we doesnt't scale him to Regigigas? He stomp him and legendary of his level before the evenement of the movie.

Because Hoopa defeated Regigigas via portals and the latter was affected by Slow Start.

The movie is a powerscale mess since the leggendaries were able to harm Dialga, Palkia and Giratina.

Yeah. So?.

Excluding the creation trio the legendary pokemon featured are around the same power.

And hoopa was potrayed as potentially above.

Also regigigas fought dialga and palkia plenty .

I scaled him to Lugia because they were already close in tier.

Well. Hoopa vs Reshiram, Zekrom, and Regigigas was barely a fight anyway. Hoopa tanked a combined attack from all 3 of them, and then sent blasts that sent them all back into portals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnoy5lG7FWU

^For those who are interested in seeing it.

yeah no to just via portals. Hoopa stomped Reshi, Zekro and Regi with single dark pulses.

However lets not talk about Regi being Creation Trio level in this thread. It won't end well and it'll derail. Make another thread for that if anything.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
yeah no to just via portals. Hoopa stomped Reshi, Zekro and Regi with single dark pulses.
However lets not talk about Regi being Creation Trio level in this thread. It won't end well and it'll derail. Make another thread for that if anything.
Are you proposing 5-B?

High 6-A or 5-B is probably more consistent for Hoopa, honestly. He easily defeated Groudon and Kyogre at the same time, and then later he defeated Regigigas, Reshiram, and Zekrom at the same time. The bound Hoopa and Hoopa's Shadow who were showcased throughout most of the movie aren't as powerful as unbound Hoopa who existed a hundred years ago and at the end of the movie where he fought against nobody. For that matter, Hoopa's Shadow also fought Mega Latias, Mega Latios, and Mega Rayquaza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back