• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Angry Birds immeasurable buff

So, in Angry Birds, there's a couple things I want to bring up.

1. Lazer Bird's guidebook statement saying he "reaches such speeds that space and time warp in his wake. Sometimes he arrives at his destination before he's even left it!"

This would also scale to the other birds, since Lazer Bird, even in his dash ability isn't incredibly fast compared to everything else in the game, and normal things like blown up structure pieces can move at a similar pace, if not the same pace, and he isn't statueing anything. No reason to assume he isn't at his full speed even when dashing when the premise of the game is him and the other birds being pissed off. And getting his eggs back. The premise of the entire game frankly are the birds basically kamikazeing into structures, basically risking their lives.

2. Chuck using his own strength to sling himself so fast he goes back in time through sheer speed.

Self-explanatory for Immeasurable. Others should scale to this since Chuck did this by using his strength, and the slingshot normally isn't able to do this. He also didn't activate Chuck Time which normally slows other characters for him. Because of that, other characters should be able to do the same since they're either as strong, if not more physically stronger than Chuck (Chuck is rather lanky all things considered)

Last edited:
If the Earth is being rotated quickly to the point that "time travel" is achieved through sheer speed wouldnt that just be temporarily Immeasurable spin? (Which Chuck achieved by moving at a similar speed somehow).

That or Chuck is actually in-fact going back in time through sheer speed, and one of the effects of that is that the Earth is rotating counter-clockwise, because the world normally rotates clockwise when going forward in time.

Fact of the matter is that there are more explanations to this type of phenomena than just moving fast that the Earth rotates to another direction, because if it were just doing that, time wouldn't be reversing

Last edited:
This is "up to Immeasurable via FTL travel". The time travel is a product of faster than light movement being more scientifically accurate in Angry Birds than in fictions that most speed scalers are familiar with, which the VS Battles Wiki's wording doesn't account for in a convenient way. The speed wouldn't scale to the other characters, since Laser Bird only "sometimes" moves that fast, and the other birds were confused when Chuck launched himself so fast that he reversed the Earth's rotation and time, implying that the other birds don't know how to perform such movement.

The speed wouldn't scale to the other characters, since Laser Bird only "sometimes" moves that fast, and the other birds were confused when Chuck launched himself so fast that he reversed the Earth's rotation and time, implying that the other birds don't know how to perform such movement.
You should read the explanation as for why he wouldn't not be going that fast in the start of the post.

Saying that the birds were confused for that specific reason is complete headcanon. They look at what Chuck is about to do after witnessing their children being cooked to death, and when they see Chuck sling himself backwards, we see that he isn't necessarily even time traveling by that point. They could be confused by the fact that he's slinging himself backwards instead of at the pigs if you assume they were confused. But just the two of them looking at each other might be them wondering what Chuck is doing than anything, which doesn't necessarily mean they can't do this. Not only that, but Chuck did this by applying his own strength on the slingshot. Even if other characters wouldn't do this normally, the means of which he did that suggests they should easily do that too, because the other birds are as strong, or stronger than him.

Also isn't immeasurable speed technically FTL with time travel being a byproduct of it?

If the Earth is being rotated quickly to the point that "time travel" is achieved through sheer speed wouldnt that just be temporarily Immeasurable spin? (Which Chuck achieved by moving at a similar speed somehow).
It would be just FTL Travel afaik

That or Chuck is actually in-fact going back in time through sheer speed, and one of the effects of that is that the Earth is rotating counter-clockwise, because the world normally rotates clockwise when going forward in time.
Yes, when going forward in time through FTL speeds

Fact of the matter is that there are more explanations to this type of phenomena than just moving fast that the Earth rotates to another direction, because if it were just doing that, time wouldn't be reversing
I didnΒ΄t understood your point here tbh

So, in Angry Birds, there's a couple things I want to bring up.

1. Lazer Bird's guidebook statement saying he "reaches such speeds that space and time warp in his wake. Sometimes he arrives at his destination before he's even left it!"

This would also scale to the other birds, since Lazer Bird, even in his dash ability isn't incredibly fast compared to everything else in the game, and normal things like blown up structure pieces can move at a similar pace, if not the same pace, and he isn't statueing anything.
This is just cinematic time, not something that really happens In-Verse

Also, there are better proofs than that, such as, if i remember correctly, the pigs being able to react to his dash move

Anyway, other birds already reacted to him, so yeah, they should scale

No reason to assume he isn't at his full speed even when dashing when the premise of the game is him and the other birds being pissed off. And getting his eggs back. The premise of the entire game frankly are the birds basically kamikazeing into structures, basically risking their lives.
I donΒ΄t see why this would be important for your premise?

2. Chuck using his own strength to sling himself so fast he goes back in time through sheer speed.

Self-explanatory for Immeasurable. Others should scale to this since Chuck did this by using his strength, and the slingshot normally isn't able to do this. He also didn't activate Chuck Time which normally slows other characters for him. Because of that, other characters should be able to do the same since they're either as strong, if not more physically stronger than Chuck (Chuck is rather lanky all things considered)
This looks fine from a glance, but it would be just "FTL/Immeasurable via accelerating"

You should read the explanation as for why he wouldn't not be going that fast in the start of the post.
I had read this thread's original post and then gave my take on the matter. I wrote it without directly clarifying every detail about your explanation, so I'll elaborate now.

Laser Bird's most incredible speed being described as a "sometimes" event that he "reaches", which earns him the title of being the fastest bird in the universe, yet he demonstrably moves at a comparable speed to the other birds when being used in gameplay, is the story establishing that Laser Bird normally moves like most birds, but he is capable of "sometimes" moving a lot faster than the other birds, and that level of speed is told to be moving backwards in time. The description of Laser Bird's greatness indirectly describes that the other birds aren't that fast. Laser Bird being angry at his enemies doesn't change this. You demonstrated that Laser Bird isn't gentle, but being not gentle and being at maximum stats are two different things.
Saying that the birds were confused for that specific reason is complete headcanon. They look at what Chuck is about to do after witnessing their children being cooked to death, and when they see Chuck sling himself backwards, we see that he isn't necessarily even time traveling by that point. They could be confused by the fact that he's slinging himself backwards instead of at the pigs if you assume they were confused. But just the two of them looking at each other might be them wondering what Chuck is doing than anything, which doesn't necessarily mean they can't do this.
My point is that Red and Bomb would've confidently recognized what Chuck was doing if it's true that all of them are capable of launching themselves back in time. Red and Bomb panicked because they didn't know that Chuck could save the eggs after the eggs were already fried. Chuck being a speedster is portrayed as something special about him, which is reflected in the evidence where he performs an outstanding and unusual feat. It's easy to tell that Chuck put a lot of effort into his feat. His face was strained, he had a determined expression, and he was grunting more than usual, all throughout his flight. When Chuck himself didn't have certainty in his action, I see no reason why other birds would consider such speed as familiar.
Not only that, but Chuck did this by applying his own strength on the slingshot. Even if other characters wouldn't do this normally, the means of which he did that suggests they should easily do that too, because the other birds are as strong, or stronger than him.
Chuck has the ability to perform a sudden burst of speed that makes him faster than the other birds, and also allows him to hit harder. He did this twice during the feat in question, after he had launched himself. The first was to go from the sky to outer space, and the second was to shift his direction from going away from Earth to orbiting it. During the second burst, Chuck was accelerating, which is what caused the Earth's rotation to reverse.
Also isn't immeasurable speed technically FTL with time travel being a byproduct of it?
Immeasurable speed can be more things, but in this case, yes it is.

Hmm, you do make a lot of good points. Seems like Chuck would he able to get Immeasurable at top speed then? If the statement specifically states that he's way faster than anyone else, then the gameplay itself would be noncanon to what actually happens in regards to his own speed

Hmm, you do make a lot of good points. Seems like Chuck would he able to get Immeasurable at top speed then? If the statement specifically states that he's way faster than anyone else, then the gameplay itself would be noncanon to what actually happens in regards to his own speed
As I wrote, I recommend adding "up to Immeasurable via FTL travel" on Chuck's profile if this thread gets accepted.

As I wrote, I recommend adding "up to Immeasurable via FTL travel" on Chuck's profile if this thread gets accepted.
There is no β€œup to Immeasurable via FTL travel”, being FTL in itself already allows you to travel through time, the difference is that with immeasurable speed you can freely wander through linear time and attack from the future to the past.

Time travel: FTL βœ… Immeasurable βœ…

Wandering through linear time: FTL ❌ Immeasurable βœ…

β€œThey have the speed necessary to hop from the beginning of time, to the end of time, and anywhere in between as casually as a human being can roll their eyes left or right.”

Chuck put a lot of effort into something he was supposed to do casually.

There is no β€œup to Immeasurable via FTL travel”, being FTL in itself already allows you to travel through time, the difference is that with immeasurable speed you can freely wander through linear time and attack from the future to the past.

Time travel: FTL βœ… Immeasurable βœ…

Wandering through linear time: FTL ❌ Immeasurable βœ…

β€œThey have the speed necessary to hop from the beginning of time, to the end of time, and anywhere in between as casually as a human being can roll their eyes left or right.”

Chuck put a lot of effort into something he was supposed to do casually.
There is unfortunately such a thing as what I presented. I know it can feel counter-intuitive to those who are attentive of the implications of faster than light travel, but when a character's speed is ranked as faster than light on the VS Battles Wiki, it isn't supposed to imply time travel capabilities unless specified, and such a specification is often an immeasurable speed ranking separate from the character's regular speed. This is most likely because many characters in fiction have feats of traveling from one point to another in a way that the limits of light speed wouldn't allow, yet they show no signs of transcending linear time movement. I wish there were a less ambiguous way to go about it, but it works for now. I put some pre-existing examples that I remembered below, although they're phrased slightly differently than the conclusion I presented.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Superman_(Super_Friends): "Immeasurable by flying through time"
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_(Modern): "Immeasurable by accelerating through erased time (Sonic is stated by Tails to be accelerating through time by running through the zones in White Space"

I think both sides are misinterpreting our standards

FTL Time Travel and Immeasurable Speed are the same thing, the only difference is that one is stated to be done via faster-than-light movement, while the other wasnΒ΄t
I have no problem with Chuck's upgrade being phrased as something like "up to Immeasurable via zooming through time" instead of the way I phrased it. πŸ‘

After all, my biggest problems with the CRT are:

1- The first "feat" itΒ΄s okay ig, but i donΒ΄t think we should directly scale Chuck to the birds, since they are speedblitzed by him most of the time, so a "Possibly at most FTL/Immeasurable" rating should work

2- The second feat was done by reverting EarthΒ΄s rotation, which i ainΒ΄t 100% sure if we consider a prove of the Time Travel In-Verse being FTL

That doesn't really make much sense to me because if he just rotated the earth... it wouldn't make it reverse in time lol. But eh whatever sure. Possibly Immeasurable as Lazer Bird then?

So yeah, the second feat insΒ΄t usable

Looking better, the guide attributes his FTL/Immeasurable Speed to his new transformation, so it shouldnΒ΄t apply to his base

I think someone from the 𝓐𝓷𝓰𝓻𝔂 𝓑𝓲𝓻𝓭𝓼 𝓕π“ͺ𝓷 𝓒𝓸𝓢𝓢𝓾𝓷𝓲𝓽𝔂 should calc the feat Chuck himself does there then, probably in a separate CRT with the Earth-shake feat Terrence does in the same shorts series to kill 2 birds with one stone

I think someone from the 𝓐𝓷𝓰𝓻𝔂 𝓑𝓲𝓻𝓭𝓼 𝓕π“ͺ𝓷 𝓒𝓸𝓢𝓢𝓾𝓷𝓲𝓽𝔂 should calc the feat Chuck himself does there then, probably in a separate CRT with the Earth-shake feat Terrence does in the same shorts series to kill 2 birds with one stone
Terence's feat is only small country as KE is not usable

Back