• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School DxD Dimensional gap

Ok warning: this is going to seem quite absurd, but i thought I'd bring it to light to see what response i get. [AAAH! Please don't write angry comment after first sentence!]

I propose that characters such as great red are tier 1-A due to their ability to freely move in and out of the dimensional gap.

Tier 1-A dimensional gap feats: Described as the space between dimensions, could be interpreted as universes, but a lot of these quotes suggest otherwise

"What should we do in a place like this where there's no left or right" -Asia (Episode 11 Born)

"N-not only left or right! I can't tell what's up or down!" -Gasper

"This is a space where the laws of physics doesn't work. If that is the case, there is no distance or direction" -Akeno

Gasper's time manipulation powers don't work in the gap - perhaps due to it being a space between dimensions?

I'm half serious about this, but serious enough to suggest it for content revision. Please don't aggressively tear this apart I'm not trying to be unreasonable here, just point out flaws.

I don't know how to take this, half thinking it might be a troll thread, but i am going to be serious here, no travelling out of dimensional gaps don't make you 1-A, that's just hax, 1-A characters are beyond all definitions of dimensions.

Freely being able to move out of dimensions which have unspecified dimensionals, as in we don't know if they are 6-D, 7-D etc, won't be considered 1-A, just dimensional travelling.

The magic gods from toaru from what i remember live in a dimension which is exactly like what you are describing no distance or infinity distance one or the other, and the thing is what you are describing is travelling through theses dimensions, did a being created the dimension? Even so you would need to know the size of it and if it's higher dimensional before you reach anywhere close to being 1-A.

It doesn't show anything about it completely transcending the concept of dimensions, not only that but Trihexa who is stated to be equal to Great Red hasn't shown any...feats that could even support that.

Just because it has no direction, just because Gasper can't stop time in it, just because it doesn't follow the rules of physics does not means it's 1-A.

So yeah Ophis, Great Red and anyone who scale isn't gonna get upgraded

Thanks for the reply, no it's not a troll thread else it would be in fun and games, but i suppose it is more of a question about conditions to do with higher dimensional tiers. So i can clearly see now that travelling in and out doesn't actually count as a feat due to lack of evidence of power over this space.

I kind of got the idea from the great old ones in cthulhu mythos as they are quoted to be "not in the spaces we know, but between them"

Also my notions of mathematical dimensions regarded direction as the key principle. I saw it as higher dimensions = more 'directions'.

Anyway thanks for that useful reply.

Just as this went with Talos being 1-A. No. Walking in a void with absolutely no direction or time could be easily accomplished by a casual 3-A

And this verse, which I am really unfamiliar with, likely doesn't follow the rules that Cthulhu Mythos does.

Riiingo said:
Just as this went with Talos being 1-A. No. Walking in a void with absolutely no direction or time could be easily accomplished by a casual 3-A

And this verse, which I am really unfamiliar with, likely doesn't follow the rules that Cthulhu Mythos does.
That's interesting; why do you say 3-A? It's just that none of the characters are rated anywhere near 3-A.

I'm just saying a casual 3-A could've walked into a timeless, directionless void with no problem. Doesn't mean any higher dimension or necessary upgrade

Back