• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Brackets Round 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
3PLsgp
Sixth round of the High 8-C Brackets Begins! The winner of the last round was Arlong.

Current Standings (A "-1" indicates the fighter was disqualified or was stomped)

Hub

The contenders for this round are Renamo, submitted by Dragonmasterxyz, and Neo (The Matrix), submitted by Overlord775.

Renamon and Matrix Reloaded Neo are used. Speed is equalized, battle takes place inside of the Matrix, 30 m apart.

Renamon scales to 7.937 Tons, Neo has a 7.386 Ton feat.

Neo (The Matrix) - 8 (Crimson, Schnee, Bambu, Litentric, Ed, Overlord, Iapitus, Therefir)

Renamo - 4 (Dragonmasterxyz, Jacky, Anonymous, Drite)

Incon -

Renamon Face
Matrix-neo

They're both digital things too.

Wait, would Neo have a soul ?

Interestingly he has limited invulnerability, resistance to possession so that might lead to some soul res stuff, precog, and intangibility.

I do not know alot about digimon, let alone Matrix, but i think that Renamon take this. She have a minor AP advantage (not that important), plus she have a good Soul and Mind Manipulation. Neo precog is a good hax in this battle, but since is minor, i don't think it is that good

Is that never in combat? I think he managed to intangible his hand into an agent before. Definitely not his go to ability though

Just saw that Renamon has non-physical so intang isn't a problem. Soul and mind attacks will mess Neo up and if need be, she can overwrite. She also has her own range in the event he uses guns against her. Voting Renamon.

Going to place them closer, but Neo outranged to an immense degree and has flight, just saying.

Also don't see how Neo can't just ragdoll Renamon with TK, precog attacks, and combust them internally.

Drite77 said:
How good is his Invulnerability?
So good it shouldn't be on his profile, since we debunked "invulnerable to X tiered attacks" as justification for having the power, unless he can't be harmed by any kind of physical attack.

Dargoo Faust said:
Drite77 said:
How good is his Invulnerability?
So good it shouldn't be on his profile, since we debunked "invulnerable to X tiered attacks" as justification for having the power, unless he can't be harmed by any kind of physical attack.
Renamon have non physical interation, if that helps

AnonymousBlank said:
What range? Renamon is just Extended Melee Range, with "higher" for ranged attacks. Neo can TK them or riddle them with bullets from a distance.

Not to mention Neo can just OHKO them if they engage him in CQC assuming Internal Combustion is in this key.

Like the reasons for Ren winning don't even make sense; the mind/soulhax is just via their regular attacks doing damage; they do damage to Neo's mind and soul. Heck, it wouldn't even incap or one-shot Neo. Neo dodging and countering means no mind or soulhax happening.

So, Renamon has Mind and Soul attacks, but they are by no means a one-shot. They deal more damage and are a form of Durability Negation, but not an insta-kill.

Overall though, Renamon seems to be a winner here with Mid-High difficulty. Her duplication only summons two of her for one attack (unless she feels like they need to stay). I don't think Diamond Storm will be that helpful considering this is well....Neo. I think Renamon's teleportation will be key here along with her likely matching him in skill with CQC. This along with her nature to not just fight head on without carefully surveying her opponent will likely make this a strategic fight for both. Honestly, the main thing for Renamon to worry about is Neo basically going "Imma blow you the **** up!". Dunno how ic that is for him though. However, both will basically be in a hand to hand fight seeing as I doubt projectiles will help Renamon much here. He also has that minor precog so that could also be a detriment for Fox Ninja to deal with.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Renamon's teleportation will be key here along with her likely matching him in skill with CQC.
I'm hoping there's some good justifications for that claim considering how skilled Neo is with firearms and CQC.

Neo keeps his powers from Matrix 1, but he doesn't use it. He does use TK, and with his precog that will tell him about soul ohk, he will probably use Internal Combustion.

I mean we are talking about the fact that Digimon as a species are born with a natural combat instinct first and foremost. Another thing is that Renamon as a species are known for being highly skilled combatants, far superior to other Rookie Digimon. Not to mention that Renamon can range from 1-1000 years of experience depending on how long it takes from them to just naturally Digivolve. And Renamon are by nature CQC combatants with like one ranged attack.

I mean, if Neo uses his TK offensively and just picks the Digimon up a few times and slams her down, I don't think there's terribly much she can do due to lacking ranged attacks by and large.

This is also assuming that Neo either won't opt for CQC, or will eventually make his way out of CQC.

Yeah I'm gonna hand this one to Neo through immense skill advantage, TK and Internal Combustion. Sorta glad the two haxy characters in the bracket are fighting earlier.

Renamon lacks range on Neo.

Where does Neo's skill advantage come from when Renamon themselves are highly skilled and can have of thousands of years of experience.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I mean we are talking about the fact that Digimon as a species are born with a natural combat instinct first and foremost. Another thing is that Renamon as a species are known for being highly skilled combatants, far superior to other Rookie Digimon. Not to mention that Renamon can range from 1-1000 years of experience depending on how long it takes from them to just naturally Digivolve. And Renamon are by nature CQC combatants with like one ranged attack.
I'm mostly just seeing a scaling chain, not really anything that gives me a clear idea of skill.

Experience and skill are also mutually exclusive.

Neo has his fighting abilities directly uploaded into his brai. It takes a couple of seconds for him to learn Jujitsu, and he proceeds to do this for ten hours

This goes even more when he fights an army of Smiths, who have comparable skill feats to him.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Where does Neo's skill advantage come from when Renamon themselves are highly skilled and can have of thousands of years of experience.
Well from having literally perfectly downloading knowledge of the fighting styles he uses I guess.

Like literally perfectly.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I think it is because Renamon don't have "experienced Martial artist" in her profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back