• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Brackets Round 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overwrite does this.

Overwrite: All Digimon can rewrite their data, so that they are able to react to various situations that were once problematic for it. This usually causes a gigantic increase in power and sometimes new skills and resistances are gained. However, the more emotional the Digimon is, the more violent the overwrite becomes.

Renamon herself actually has a nice Overwrite feat in the form of Renamon X.

Renamon X-Antibody new render
So she herself has shown successful Overwrite feats.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Where does Neo's skill advantage come from when Renamon themselves are highly skilled and can have of thousands of years of experience.
Again, experience =/= skill.

Neo learns one martial art in a couple of seconds, then downloads martial arts into his brain for a period of 10 hours.

Also, I'd like to compare fights that have Renamon in them with fights that have Neo in them, to see if your claims are true in the practical sense.

Ii mean, the profile is of a composite Renamon just going by the max potential of their species. I can give you some feats of Rika's Renamon for some sources if you wish.

btw I am only mentioning Renamon X to show that Renamon has direct feats of successful Overwrites.

Overlord775 said:
@Dragon
Isn't overwrite 2-A reactive evolution, how is that even remotly fair ?
No it isn't. That's what the X-Antibody became. But all Overwrites =/=2-A RE.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
What does he do with this range? Also, I have not seen anything for poison.
Firearms and telekinesis, primarily.

Well telekinesis is dangerous, but Overwrite might help Renamon out with that as a possibility.

Firearms can be countered with Diamond Storm.

What is his defense for Duplicates and Teleportation. Also, I doubt Neo will just shrug off a hit to the mind and soul. There is going to be a reaction there.

How does overwrote help with telikinesis? It's not AP based and it isn't Hax either, it's based on the opponents lifting strength

tfw haxless bracket is currently arguing mind and soul hax

The error here is assuming he will absolutely be hit. Dodging/countering attacks is sorta a big part of his shtick.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Firearms can be countered with Diamond Storm.
How so?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
What is his defense for Duplicates and Teleportation. Also, I doubt Neo will just shrug off a hit to the mind and soul. There is going to be a reaction there.
That assumes Ren has a chance to hit Neo. Even then Neo has a similar data-based existence to Ren so IDK how verse equalization would work there. Also the teleportation just switches Ren's place with Neo. Even teleporting directly to Neo w/out flight wouldn't do much unless it's spammed. You could also argue Neo resisting Smith hacking and possesing his data as him being able to take attacks to his mind/soul.

>duplicates

Neo has delt with duplication of a far greater scale before. Ren only clones twice; that's nothing on Neo fighting off an army of Smiths.

Neo - 4 (Crimson, Schnee, Bambu, Litentric)

Ren - 4 (Dragonmasterxyz, Jacky, Anonymous, Drite)

Neo - 5 (Crimson, Schnee, Bambu, Litentric. Ed)

Since Override varies depending on the opponent/situation I doubt Ren would turn into Ren X exactly when fighting Neo.

Neo - 7 (Crimson, Schnee, Bambu, Litentric, Ed, Overlord, Iapitus)

With Iap that's grace.

Neo - 8 (Crimson, Schnee, Bambu, Litentric, Ed, Overlord, Iapitus, Therefir)

"How so?"

Well, this is Rika's Renamon (As such not the Renamon fighting here. And she's fighting an Ultimate, hence why she is doing jackshit) using Diamond Storm and she can spam it.

"Even then Neo has a similar data-based existence to Ren so IDK how verse equalization would work there."

Not really. They aren't in the Digital World so he has nothing protecting himself from Renamon's abilities. For her, he's just another form of data. So basically, she's fighting another Digimon, but not really as he lack certain traits other Digimon have. So not much different then how she'd interact with him if he was a normal person as he is still nothing but data to her.

"Also the teleportation just switches Ren's place with Neo. Even teleporting directly to Neo w/out flight wouldn't do much unless it's spammed."

I mean, Renamon have been seen fighting flight based enemies before. And also, her teleporting would be one of her signature moves. Spamming it would not be out of character. Matter of fact, that swapping places is actually quite useful as she can teleport Neo to a trap where he gets hit with her Duplicates. Or she could teleport behind him and release her poison. Renamon still has many options.

"Since Override varies depending on the opponent/situation I doubt Ren would turn into Ren X exactly when fighting Neo."

Yeah, but it can also lead to a massive power boost as well along with possible other things.

A general Renamon fighting style.

A Beast Man Digimon which has the appearance of a golden fox. Renamon is a Digimon whose relationship with humans is expressed bluntly, so depending on how it was raised during its time as a Baby, it is said that it can evolve to a Renamon of particularly high intelligence. As it is always calm, cool, and collected, it is practiced enough that it doesn't lose that composure in any situation. Its slender, tall appearance excels when compared with other Childs, and rather than Power Battling, it makes sport of the enemy with various arts that use its speed.
So using things like Teleportation and Duplicates is more akin to her fighting style overall.

Gonna go ahead and nope out the counterargument of "well he's just data"- yeah, he's just data to Agent Smith, too. Smith is literally just data, Neo's avatar is literally just data. He still resisted the stuff.

I disagree with the other stuff but this one is just blatantly unrelated.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
You mean this?. That's not really much compared to the bulletspam Neo dodges and deals with on a regular basis. Nor does it appear to have a range comparable to firearms.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Not really. They aren't in the Digital World so he has nothing protecting himself from Renamon's abilities. For her, he's just another form of data.
And Neo has resisted having his Data tampered with by Smith, and this is the key of Neo as he is within the Matrix, so Matrix rules apply to Neo as well. The battle is even set within the matrix, so practically everything is data.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I mean, Renamon have been seen fighting flight based enemies before. And also, her teleporting would be one of her signature moves. Spamming it would not be out of character. Matter of fact, that swapping places is actually quite useful as she can teleport Neo to a trap where he gets hit with her Duplicates. Or she could teleport behind him and release her poison. Renamon still has many options.
Neo has fought with dozens of enemies surrounding him and can release telekinetic bursts that would push Ren away from him should Red manage to teleport that close. The best you're looking at is a few free shots.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Yeah, but it can also lead to a massive power boost as well along with possible other things.
That doesn't mean much unless we can determine what exactly it would do.

Mr. Bambu said:
Gonna go ahead and nope out the counterargument of "well he's just data"- yeah, he's just data to Agent Smith, too. Smith is literally just data, Neo's avatar is literally just data. He still resisted the stuff.
I never said that anything changed. Matter of fact I stated that there was no difference. So there was nothing to counter....

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Mr. Bambu said:
I never said that anything changed. Matter of fact I stated that there was no difference. So there was nothing to counter....
The issue is that mindhax/soulhax is used as one of the arguments for Ren despite the fact that it shouldn't affect Neo.

Neo - 8 (Crimson, Schnee, Bambu, Litentric, Ed, Overlord, Iapitus, Therefir)

Ren - 5 (Dragonmasterxyz, Jacky, Anonymous, Drite, Dragon)

"You mean this?. That's not really much compared to the bulletspam Neo dodges and deals with on a regular basis. Nor does it appear to have a range comparable to firearms."

I already said that Diamond Storm was useless of offense, once again, it's defensive here.

"And Neo has resisted having his Data tampered with by Smith, and this is the key of Neo as he is within the Matrix, so Matrix rules apply to Neo as well. The battle is even set within the matrix, so practically everything is data."

Yeah and Digimon can tamper with the data of those who have specific resistance to their data being hacked. And I can argue Digimon physiologies all day as I am positive Neo doesn't have a specific set of 1s and 0s that protect his very essence from outside interference.

Affect Mental Data
Not to mention that unless he had his soul or mind data tampered with, we cannot assume that resisting getting his data messed with = mind/soul resistance. It effects other Digimon. A rookie Digimon would bypass the resistance of a Baby Digimon who also have a resistance to mind and soul attacks from most other Baby Digimon. It scales up the higher level the Digimon becomes. I could honestly post an entire info dump regarding the relationship with data that Ex typed awhile ago if you wish.

"Neo has fought with dozens of enemies surrounding him and can release telekinetic bursts that would push Ren away from him should Red manage to teleport that close. The best you're looking at is a few free shots."

Those few free shots are enough to get going unless you are telling me that he can take getting his mind and soul hit with no blowback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back