• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-A Tournament Round 1, Match 4 (Metagross VS Sanji)

Confusion can work on legendaries like any other pokemon move as in the attack works but doesn't actually harm them plus lifting strength isn't passive it has to be used to resist and quickly.
Irrelevant. That's under the assumption that Sanji stands still for no apparent reasons, which is out of character for Sanji, especially the fact his LS renders most of Meta's moves and options to nothing.

You completely disregarded Sanji's crazy senses abilities and future sight. Also for clarification: confusion needs to land a hit on it's target aka Sanji, and the possibility of the target gets confused is 10%. Confusion is a unreliable win condition and a highly unlikely scenario against characters, who possess active precognition and future sight.

Everything else that's not on Confusion description might as well be headcanon or assumptions. We are following the Wiki's rules, and not the Games' rules.

Not to mention that Sanji has Flight as well, so even if Metagross pick him up, he can just generate enough thrust to overcome the lifting force in the air given his higher LS

Sanji FRA
giphy.gif

Do you dislike pokemon more?

Sanj FRAi... also wouldnt figth style of sanji would give him another 2x? or my pokemon knowlodge sucks because i havent played a game in alot of time
To my knowledge the fighting type is treated as martial arts on the wiki so yeah Sanji's attacks would be 4 times as effective against him

To my knowledge the fighting type is treated as martial arts on the wiki so yeah Sanji's attacks would be 4 times as effective against him
No, Metagross is Steel/Psychic iirc, so the Psychic type would cancel out the super effectiveness of Sanji's martial arts, so it'd just do normal damage unless he used Diable Jambe.

a33ec90064e125bc74372a4e6df5b9f77b027b93_hq.gif

How is Metagross going to tank Sanji's poele a frire? This ability possess almost the same properties of Luffy's Gatling series and Kenshiro's Hundred crack fist. In short, it's essentially a barrage of DJ kicks in quick succession, you could easily assume more than 30 kicks.

Not to forget Hell memories - Sanji's strongest attack that burned wadatsumi instantly, considering how large wadatsumi is (80 m - 262'5") and how strong the heat has to be to burn his entire body. I strongly doubt that Metagross can tank this either.
tumblr_44ccc69fbbcf1bf302305ea93825eec8_100fcc30_540.png

Last edited:
a33ec90064e125bc74372a4e6df5b9f77b027b93_hq.gif

How is Metagross going to tank Sanji's poele a frire? This ability possess almost the same properties of Luffy's Gatling series and Kenshiro's Hundred crack fist. In short, it's essentially a barrage of DJ kicks in quick succession, you could easily assume more than 30 kicks.

Not to forget Hell memories - Sanji's strongest attack that burned wadatsumi instantly, considering how large wadatsumi is (80 m - 262'5") and how strong the heat has to be to burn his entire body. I strongly doubt that Metagross can tank this either.
tumblr_44ccc69fbbcf1bf302305ea93825eec8_100fcc30_540.png
Ah I see… you are on a phone

Metagross has wincons since he with his buffs he holds the AP & Dura advantage + he can buff his speed and debuff Sanji's speed.
Oh, so it's just a decisive win for Sanji then since his sensory abilities make it hard for Metagross to get a hit off?

I'm leaning on voting Sanji but I at least want to hear what Pokémon supporters have to say

Oh, so it's just a decisive win for Sanji then since his sensory abilities make it hard for Metagross to get a hit off?

I'm leaning on voting Sanji but I at least want to hear what Pokémon supporters have to say
The pokemons supporters alredy participated on this :)

Against numerous reasonings presented by my better judgment, I'm going to attempt to participate in this debate....

I suppose I should start by requesting certainty/clarification on some matters:

1. What level of Haki user is Sanji, within the grading system presented on the Haki page?
His Armament Haki section says, in part: "Sanji has only displayed a basic level of application with this form of haki,", but that doesn't match-up with the ratings system on the Haki page.
Similarly, his Observation Haki section says, in part: "Sanji is a specialized user of Kenbunshoku, displaying a proficient level of this type of Haki."
Basic, Specialized & Proficient do not seem to fall within how we list & categorize Haki capability levels.

2. What are the multipliers to Sanji's speed that are applicable in this match, & why/how are they applicable within the setting of the match?
2-A. Failing to indicate exact multipliers, are there estimates? Failing estimates, what are the basises regarding how the speed amplication is provided?
2-B. Similar questions, but for his other statistical multipliers applicable within this match?

3. Does the Haki that Sanji has access to within the context of this match provide Resistances?

1-Sanji's Kenbushoku is Advanced and his Busoshoku is either inept or the low-level of rudimentary.
2-idk
3-none iirc, only the highest level of armament users have spatial/teleportation resistance.

3-none iirc, only the highest level of armament users have spatial/teleportation resistance.
Not exactly. Haki itself has this resistance, as Vergo was only cut off by Law as he was surprised by Law's Haki being superior to his own, btw Doflamingo was able to stop Law's spatial cuts with his haki, even though he wasn't one of the best users.

Not exactly. Haki itself has this resistance, as Vergo was only cut off by Law as he was surprised by Law's Haki being superior to his own, btw Doflamingo was able to stop Law's spatial cuts with his haki, even though he wasn't one of the best users.
None of them are Sanji level in armament, and didn't Smoker say that even Tashigi's haki wasn't strong enough? And i guess i will have to read Law vs Vergo again, i don't remember Law's haki having anything to do with it.

She would resists his devil fruit if law had weaker haki than her
I think we are derailing at this point, since teleportation and space hax resistance don't help in this battle at all, iirc Metagross doesn't use any of them, but does that Law has higher haki than Zoro? Because he was able to teleport Zoro in Onigashima.

I think we are derailing at this point, since teleportation and space hax resistance don't help in this battle at all, iirc Metagross doesn't use any of them, but does that Law has higher haki than Zoro? Because he was able to teleport Zoro in Onigashima.
Did Zoro use his haki...?

but does that Law has higher haki than Zoro? Because he was able to teleport Zoro in Onigashima.
No as he's teleported Luffy as well, it's likely he wouldn't have been able to teleport either if they were actively defending with haki but for Mom and Kaido their haki was passively activated to resist it.

I'll vote Sanji via starting with Diable Jambe dealing twice the amount of damage due to metagross' weakness + utilizing precog to avoid projectiles & superior lifting strength to avoid the attacks mentioned previously.

Back