• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-A to 6-C

Kaltias said:
A chain of scaling this long is absolutely more than enough to be 6-C.

That said I don't think that the calc is legit.
It really isn't given the fact that it was ASSUEMD to be from space when it clearly shows that it wasnt

Kaltias said:
Gargoyle One said:
Nitpick but they backwards scale from Perfect Cell's feat actually.
I don't see Cell being mentioned anywhere in Frieza's justification.
Alternatively, Meliodas is High 6-B scaling upwards from 6-B.

Primarchs were FTL+ scaling upwards from FTL people.

I can name more examples, but the point was that upscaling is objectively something that is allowed
Meliodas is High 6B using a High 6B calc another guy created to which he is superior to.

I am absolutely against upscaling for mere "because stronger" reasons. Same with speed upscalings "because faster". When its just "likely higher" or "+" at the end of the tier, yeha.

But pushing an entire new tier? Thats a little much.

@BlackeJan

It makes sense that it comes from Space, Deus Sema IS a stronger version, there is no denying that, however it just seems like the meteor is bigger in Deus Sema, the spell should still function the same, as the spell is pulling a meteor from space and sending it at its opponent, however I don't know the exacts so it is right to be questioned, however it does make sense that it was pulled from space

@Gargoyle

Imo, if a character who is like 3-4 Gigatons and another character stomps him, then he could get a "Possibly" or "Likely" rating.

But if the accepted end was 7-A, then what's the purpose of this thread?

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
@BlackeJan

It makes sense that it comes from Space, Deus Sema IS a stronger version, there is no denying that, however it just seems like the meteor is bigger in Deus Sema, the spell should still function the same, as the spell is pulling a meteor from space and sending it at its opponent, however I don't know the exacts so it is right to be questioned, however it does make sense that it was pulled from space
If that was the case then it would had shown that it WAS from space just like how Irene (dragon) was shown to be from space yet Jellal's wasn't heck u didn't even see a glimpse of the sky. It was made in the middle of clouds above everyone. That's like saying that Kuramas rasengan = Base Narutos rasengan or Whis doing a kamehameha = any forms of Goku kamehameha

I'm personally strongly against upwards scaling, as it ignores the fact that fiction doesn't have a established gap on "stomping" someone else, or even one-shotting them.

Kepekley23 said:
I'm personally strongly against upwards scaling, as it ignores the fact that fiction doesn't have a established gap on "stomping" someone else, or even one-shotting them.
That's true as well, even though it also depends.

RavenSupreme said:
Meliodas is High 6B using a High 6B calc another guy created to which he is superior to.

I am absolutely against upscaling for mere "because stronger" reasons. Same with speed upscalings "because faster". When its just "likely higher" or "+" at the end of the tier, yeha.

But pushing an entire new tier? Thats a little much.
Sorry, my bad about the Mel thing.

I'm absolutely not getting the "pushing an entire new tier" logic. Tiers are arbitrary values that we set to classify the characters.

Is it wrong? Of course it's not, it's the premise of this site. But "This makes the character a higher tier" doesn't mean anything.

Is the gap too big compared to the scaling that the character has? By all means, that's a good reason. But jumping a tier doesn't make the gap bigger compared to the previous ones.

It's not about "It's a jump from 7-B to 7-A", it's about "The gap is X times".

The gap between 990 megatons and 1000 megatons isn't big because "It's a tier jump". It's a ridiculously small gap of 1%. The fact that the former is 7-B and the latter is 7-A doesn't change this.

I am personally also fine with scaling upwards if the gap is comparatively small.

It's not only High 7-A to 6-C, but also other previous mentioned gaps, including verses where the characters are scaled with the + and there is a stomp situation [Which can be affected on how the characters stamina were at that point]. It can affect several verses ap, dura and speed, so i trust and agree what RavenSupreme said about this.

I'm willing to humor a tier change if someone has, like, an entire layer of scaling above a 90 megaton. Otherwise I disagree.

At least High 7-A, likely higher for the ones who stomp the guy with the feat?

At this point, I'll just let the admins decide, they seem to have a better grasp on this than me

There are three ends to the calc right? This conversation only matters if the high end is accepted. I might have missed it, but was the high end accepted?

@Kepekley

3x below the upper border is another matter. I was speaking in general, not for this specific situation.

Wrath Of Itachi said:
There are three ends to the calc right? This conversation only matters if the high end is accepted. I might have missed it, but was the high end accepted?
Nope the low & mid end was accepted. (Low end was more accepted) but the everything about the calc is literally ASSUMED and actually it's no even shown from space but Irene's was and not only that but they r comparing a lower tiers technique to an higher tier technique so of course it should mint even be accepted

That's the thread where Matthew said you are a bump spammer with no shame. Hmm, this might actually revise several verses like DB where Tien and Krillin become straight 7-A from defeating Tao.

Dark649 said:
Hmm, this might actually revise several verses like DB where Tien and Krillin become straight 7-A from defeating Tao.
In that case, the difference between 100 Megatons and 97 Megatons, was like 1.03 times.

And if any case is solid enough, a "Likely" or "Possibly" rating should be fine, imo.

I still stand my ground on a minimum value of 1.5x to 2x for a one-shot. It makes a hell of a lot more sense to actually try to quantify something, then be stubborn and decide not to.

I won't lie, one of this site's biggest flaws is its unwillingness to change certain aspects and standards of itself.

We have changed a lot of standards. We are just very careful when it comes to the higher levels of the tiering system.

Changes tend to take time and require extensive staff discussion though.

Antvasima said:
We have changed a lot of standards. We are just very careful when it comes to the higher levels of the tiering system.
Changes tend to take time and require extensive staff discussion though.
Said staff discussions tend to disinclude regular users for some odd reason IE :Staff Only" discusions.. Like our thoughts and opinions don't matter?

There's a weird discrepancy between One-Shots within fiction, and One-Shos in versus debates. In the latter, we generally agree upon 3-5 x for a one-shot. For the former, we are all over the place. Don't you think it is important to have a discussion to actually quantify a value for this? (And one that does not use Dragon Ball as a standard for the rest of fiction)

Anyways, what exactly is the point of such a tiny tier like High 7-A to begin with? A "Large Mountain" or an "Island" aren't that diffierent. If you ask me, it just seems like a meaningless gap.

CNBA3 said:
Could probably go a bit higher than that
1.5 to 2x power diffierence is a massive lowball. That is like the kind of energy difference needed to one-shot someone via a strike to the head or other vital area. So I beleive that it is the most reasonable value to use when regarding fiction.

@Spino

A post from Sep. 20, back when I did not even know anything about how this wiki worked, back when I only had 10 edits, and back before I did anything of relevance. It has literally nothing to do with this discussion, and it getting brought up is an immense false equivalence.

Why did you think this was a good idea?

There is no minimum value for one shotting anyone in fiction. In real life, no such value either.

Back