• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-A to 6-C

Andytrenom said:
Isn't there a standard for how many times stronger a character has to be to stomp another?
It's widely accepted to be at least 5x AP

@VersusJunkie

Try not to take out your personal issues on other people just because they disagree with you on a VS thread.

Kepekley23 said:
@VersusJunkie
Try not to take out your personal issues on other people just because they disagree with you on a VS thread.
Do you not understand how infuriating it is to repeat yourself over and over and over again? And the other person STILL remain stubborn in an already faulty argument?

I don't know if this will help the argument, but

The previous difference between the two characters before the upgrade, was 5x, so it stands to reason that the same should still apply as the characters are still far apart in AP and one is far greater than the other, and 5x 1.4 Gigatons is past Baseline 6-C

It's called debating. It's nothing to get worked up about. You constantly shout at others for literally no reason other than a small disagreement on the internet of all things, and whenever the opponent is a staff member, they're "abusing their power". The same fallacy we always have to deal with.

Just chill out. Maybe go get some water while you're at it.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
I don't know if this will help the argument, but

The previous difference between the two characters before the upgrade, was 5x, so it stands to reason that the same should still apply as the characters are still far apart in AP and one is far greater than the other, and 5x 1.4 Gigatons is past Baseline 6-C
That honestly sounds like a multiplier right there since yur doing 5x 1.4 gigatons

ƒÿÉ, That's why I said I don't know if it will help, and the stomping Idea still satnads

just saying but it's never gonna help. The only thing u can really do is just bring up evidence/examples.

I disagree strongly. It does not matter how much stronger a person is than another one. The best they should be scaled to is the same tier both parties have a valid calculation / tiering for.

If we start to use assigning new tiers just based on someone being stronger than another character in verse we would quickly inflate the entire tiering system.

We have many series where characters get introduced who consequently are stronger than the old, already existing characters, to which everyone then needs to catch up to.

Examples like: Caced 7A - less powerful than character 1 - less powerfull than character 2-3 - less powerfull than character 4 - less powerfull than upgraded character 1 - less powerfull than new arks enemies etc. etc.

Going by that logic we quickly would have escalated the tiering to 6C, 6B and so one, despite simply having one 7A calc to boot.

-

In a sense the board also already decided against it, without realizing it. When we look at speed we have clear rules how much faster a character has to be to blitz another character.

Yet inverse "blitztropes" are very common. People tagging and damaging other characters before they could react means they are faster than them - yet we do not take it as a reason to upgrade their speed. They simply get scaled to the same level of speed than the other character as well - seeing how otherwise everything would escalate dramaticaly.

-

I dont see any reason why we should change this approach on the matter.

We want to be as credible as possible. That measn assinging tiers simply based on "is stronger / is faster" showings should be off the table.

I vote against this.

I do not think that we have any set standards for this, but in the past we have occasionally let characters that are established as much stronger than other characters, who are very close to the upper border of a tier, jump to the next higher tier.

Woah woah woah woah....We don't even know if Sema even came from space! actually looking at it it just came in the middle of clouds or higher but NOT from space! reason why Irene counts cause it was shown to BE from Space! U are assuming that just b/c it has the name "dues" that's its gonna be from space....and not only that but Irene (dragon) is STRONGER then Jellal so her Sema is stronger then Jellal Sema. A matter of fact, Irene even said that her "Sema"" was stronger anyways hence name "Deus Sema" while Jellal is just named "Sema".....u are comparing lower tier technique to an higher tier technique.....

P.S: I just reread the chapter

In my opinion this should depend on how high the characters are into High 7A.

If they're already really high into it sure, baseline IDK

This thread is confusing.

What's being debated? The standards for upscaling, tier jumps etc?

Ok.

How strong is the original High 7-A and how long is the chain of scaling?

It mostly depends from that.

Also i'm not sure why we are using DB as an example against tier jumps when they are High 4-C scaling upwards from High 5-A+

Kaltias said:
Also i'm not sure why we are using DB as an example against tier jumps when they are High 4-C scaling upwards from High 5-A+
Nitpick but they backwards scale from Perfect Cell's feat actually.

In my opinion the whole "Tier jumps via upscaling" thing is a matter of a case-by-case analysis. However, I'll say that Kill la Kill example as a justification for a character from another verse to jump a whole tier is somewhat bad, since its scaling chain starts with one characters stomping baselines, and most of them do not exceed a 7-A tier (Ragyo and Nui are an exception, because they are at the end of the chain), while in Akame ga Kill's case, one character (that is Tatsumi, who is in the middle of the chain) jumps a tier by stomping a mid-end High 7-A (which is I'm against, but what do I know).

Overall, I'm mostly neutral about this topic, because it varies between the verses & characters.

Gargoyle One said:
Nitpick but they backwards scale from Perfect Cell's feat actually.
I don't see Cell being mentioned anywhere in Frieza's justification.

Alternatively, Meliodas is High 6-B scaling upwards from 6-B.

Primarchs were FTL+ scaling upwards from FTL people.

I can name more examples, but the point was that upscaling is objectively something that is allowed

I mean i don't see it on 18's profile either.

"Superior to Android Saga Super Saiyan Vegeta, who is in turn superior to Frieza".

But we probably understood each other so no point in continuing with this example

Well, for Dragon Ball I think that it was a case of estimating where to place the characters in-between Frieza and Cell, but that this was an exception not a rule.

I only say that that we should scale to 6-C, because the character at the end of the chain is vastly superior to the first person, and High 7-A is a really small Tier assume Person A is the one with a 1.4 Gigaton Feat

So Person A<Person B<Person C<Person D<Person E<Person F

Every single < represents a stomp or easy win

I mean. That's literally half upscaling and half backwards scaling.

Also if it's an exception, then there are a metric ton of exceptions to that rule.

Isn't the accepted result 7-A?

Which is currently what the characters r right now. Like I said this was the WHOLE point of this thread being made. Not only that but the calc for Jellal Sema was ASSUMED just b/c Irene (dragon & a HIGHER tier) has the same and STONGER technique, was shown to be from space so &Demon assumes that it could also be from space but no it wasn't....AT ALL

Also Kep using DB PL as an example that even though the PL are REALLY close, the weaker one still got one shotted which is basically being translated here that the same tier could still one shot another character just as long at u have a higher AP

In case where a character is like 3-4 Gigatons, then another character who stomps him can gain "At least High 7-A, Likely 6-C" rating imo.

A chain of scaling this long is absolutely more than enough to be 6-C.

That said I don't think that the calc is legit.

@Blacke

I mean, DB power levels not being linear is like, the ABC of vs debating, that's why I don't consider it a good example

@AKM @Kal

Can you tell me your thoughts on this?

Character A one shotted a weakened Character B, who is 2.95 Gigatons

Character A gets a form slightly stronger then that.

Character C, while weakened, one shots Character A.

I'd tell you that one shotting a weakened character isn't a feat to begin with (unless you weakened them by beating them up, but at this point it's not a one shot)

Back