• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-A REBirth Tournament Round 3 (Xiao vs Deku)

That... really doesn't mean he went on without rest for several weeks. For all we know, he could've been resting in some of those weeks.

That... really doesn't mean he went on without rest for several weeks. For all we know, he could've been resting in some of those weeks.
If allmight had to pull up on him with his GPS just to give him food, it should mean he had the bare minimum at best plus he wasn't fighting randoms either, he fought muscular and lady nagant in those weeks he hunted villains

Any idea on how long he can use Fa Jin?
At the moment, it doesn't seems to have a time limit, he can use it as long as he is able to stand.

LS doesn't really matter cause of intangibility. Also isn't Fa Jin speed blitz worthy?
As stated above, LS can be used for many other things other than just restrain people. It can be useful to deflect his attacks easily and to throw him around without any problem.
And from what I understand it's not speed blitz worth. Speed amp below x4 are accepted, and Fa Jin gives a boost based on how much kinetic energy he accumulates. The speed boost he received during the fight against Lady Nagant was around a x3 amp and wasn't speed blitzing her considering she was still able to partially react to some of his attacks, so it can be used.

As stated above, LS can be used for many other things other than just restrain people. It can be useful to deflect his attacks easily and to throw him around without any problem.
And from what I understand it's not speed blitz worth. Speed amp below x4 are accepted, and Fa Jin gives a boost based on how much kinetic energy he accumulates. The speed boost he received during the fight against Lady Nagant was around a x3 amp and wasn't speed blitzing her considering she was still able to partially react to some of his attacks, so it can be used.
I see.

Anyways, it's not just the Speed boost that makes him win this match for me. While it gives him a good advantage, it's not a speed blitz which gives Xiao possibilities to counter that.

What really seal the deal for me is the combination of: speed amp, AP boost, Analytical Prediction, Precognition, LS advantage, ranged attacks, True Flight and better mobility in general.

The only real thing that Xiao have is the Limited Intangibility, but it last for just some seconds and I really doubt that it's in character to spam it. Even if that's the case, Deku can analyze his attack fighting style with Analytical Prediction, evade his attacks thanks to Danger Sense's Precognition and attack him in the moment that he return tangible thanks to Fa Jin's speed boost.

My vote goes to Deku for now.

Still don't know if the Amp is permanent or not, but even if it wasn't, Deku honestly seems to have much more advantages.

Deku FRA.

Xiao has just undergone revisions, so he should have everything that he should have. What can Deku do against slow body degradation? Xiao radiates bad karma that can slowly degrade someone's soul and body, it's not an instant incapacitation (because there's no proof that it does to those who have been affected) but it will heavily impede his ability to fight over time.

Xiao has just undergone revisions, so he should have everything that he should have. What can Deku do against slow body degradation? Xiao radiates bad karma that can slowly degrade someone's soul and body, it's not an instant incapacitation (because there's no proof that it does to those who have been affected) but it will heavily impede his ability to fight over time.
If it's instantaneous then he should be removed considering that's hax.
If it's not and it takes a lot of time than that wouldn't change that much and Supernatural Willpower should do the trick. Even by himself he was able to continue fighting when all of his bones were completely broken and his body could stand anymore, and this version of Deku has a far higher Willpower and on top of this the combine Willpower of all the previous possessors of One for All.
Even if his body is crumbling he will be able to continue fighting regardless, and in fact he might even get stronger considering that emotions makes One for All far stronger.

If it's instantaneous then he should be removed considering that's hax.
If it's not and it takes a lot of time than that wouldn't change that much and Supernatural Willpower should do the trick. Even by himself he was able to continue fighting when all of his bones were completely broken and his body could stand anymore, and this version of Deku has a far higher Willpower and on top of this the combine Willpower of all the previous possessors of One for All.
Even if his body is crumbling he will be able to continue fighting regardless, and in fact he might even get stronger considering that emotions makes One for All far stronger.
he said it wasn't instantaneous

Xiao via easy access to damage boost. he also won't hesitate to abuse elemental intangibility and teleportation as he is basically trained for battles and resort to methods that would end the fight as soon as possible
not to mention each attack he performs while donning the mask gives him life drain and paired with increased potency from Bane of all evil and Cycling which he would likely spam that can increase in potency with each use which is already high in multiplier already. Xiao also gets a durability boost of 100% with Extinction of suffering when significantly damaged which would help against tanking further

Xiao's Corruption Aura still degrades the soul when he fights, so Deku's still on a timer regardless, it also has far greater range of effectiveness than his other attacks. With that said, I'm voting Xiao for superior AP, intangibility, and corruption as well as amps that further make his attacks deadly.

Xiao via easy access to damage boost.
Xiao needs to hit Deku to make the damage boost even useful, which wont be easy at all considering Precognition.

He also won't hesitate to abuse elemental intangibility and teleportation as he is basically trained for battles and resort to methods that would end the fight as soon as possible
As I asked before, is it even in character to spam teleport and intangibily? Because if he never done it against no one we can't assume he will abuse teleportation and intangibility, especially considering that the first doesn't even seems to be combat applicable.
And even if he does, what stops Deku from analizing his attack pattern with Analytical Prediction, evade his offensives with Precognition and then hit him with multiple attacks at once with the Speed boost when he become tangible again?

not to mention each attack he performs while donning the mask gives him life drain
He doesn't seem to have any form of Live absorption or Life Manipulation, so I am not sure about this.

and paired with increased potency from Bane of all evil
Bane of all evil would be a bad move, considering that in the Weaknesses it says: "Bane of All Evil constantly saps at Xiao's vitality when active, due to channeling all of the karma in his surroundings, thus amplifying its harmful effects."

and Cycling which he would likely spam that can increase in potency with each use which is already high in multiplier already.
Again, is it in character to spam any of this? And what stops Deku from just evading those attacks with Analytical Prediction and Precognition?

Xiao also gets a durability boost of 100% with Extinction of suffering when significantly damaged which would help against tanking further
If the 100% is a game statistic, than it doesn't count. Game mechanics are not considered when talking about multipliers and such, otherwise multiple characters that I know would have jumped to an higher Tier thanks to that.
And even if it count, if he gets hit by a barrage of attacks than even 100% more of durability wont matter that much.

Xiao's Corruption Aura still degrades the soul when he fights, so Deku's still on a timer regardless
Multiple souls inside of him covers him from that.

it also has far greater range of effectiveness than his other attacks
It doesn't seems so: "Extended Melee Range normally. Several Dozen Meters with magic."
Deku can just go out of his range and attack from a distance.

I'm voting Xiao for superior AP
Which wouldn't matter consideting the AP boost of Deku.

intangibility
Which he doesn't spam, unless proven otherwise.

corruption as well as amps that further make his attacks deadly.
Which takes a long time to even happen and is countered by Multiple Selves and Supernatural Willpower.

Xiao's AP advantage isn't even half of a 2x advantage, Idk why its being brought up here and like Thanatos said Fa Jin covers that easily. And where does it say he spams Intangibility and teleportation? His soul draining thing wouldn't matter until its sucked up all of deku's soul and depending on how long it takes to fully corrupt someone it may not even be a factor here

The vote count at the moment should be:

Deku: 4 (ThanatosX, Rikimarox2, Acer_, Popted2)

Xiao: 3 (Veloxt1r0kore, TheGreatJedi13, Naitodesu)

Unless I missed some votes, it's 4-3-0.

Why "Xiao FRA"? The whole argument in his favor is based on: him spamming intangibility, which he doesn't do in character; Teleportation that is not combat applicable; Corruption that takes ages to the point that none of the character were ever really affected by it in a notable way; spamming Cycling, which unless proven he doesn't do in character.
Seriously, what does he start off with in character? Because most of the arguments are all theorical based on assumption that he would spam things that he doesn't do in character.

wind cycling is literally him using elemental intangibility as offensive methods and he spams that a lot

Xiao ap advantage is not 2x but his damage boost ranges from 252% at the weakest but if we're taking him to his prime then that damage boost is at 537% at max talent which as I said is from using Wind cycling

he is not draining souls with life absorption that one is different from his passive bad karma he exudes the life drain is from Bane of all evil. he may not be able to hit Deku much but hitting him once already shifts it towards his favor with that damage boost from wind cycling + life absorption
If the 100% is a game statistic, than it doesn't count. Game mechanics are not considered when talking about multipliers and such, otherwise multiple characters that I know would have jumped to an higher Tier thanks to that.
And even if it count, if he gets hit by a barrage of attacks than even 100% more of durability wont matter that much.
false. multiple statistic increases are under statistic amplification but that is not their default potency hence they do not increase in tiers unless it is very notable. most are just under scrutiny and aren't allowed to be used to stack on each other which would ridiculously increase them beyond proportion.
Xiao's abilities are considered damage boost because he is not just simply smashing his potency but amplifying it into an ability which explains the damage boost increase.
Bane of all evil simply increases his potency for plunge normal and charged attack but not his ability
as for the defense increase, it's still under statistical amplification and yes it would make a difference as he has a durability advantage allowing him to survive longer

wind cycling is literally him using elemental intangibility as offensive methods and he spams that a lot

Xiao ap advantage is not 2x but his damage boost ranges from 252% at the weakest but if we're taking him to his prime then that damage boost is at 537% at max talent which as I said is from using Wind cycling

he is not draining souls with life absorption that one is different from his passive bad karma he exudes the life drain is from Bane of all evil. he may not be able to hit Deku much but hitting him once already shifts it towards his favor with that damage boost from wind cycling + life absorption

false. multiple statistic increases are under statistic amplification but that is not their default potency hence they do not increase in tiers unless it is very notable. most are just under scrutiny and aren't allowed to be used to stack on each other which would ridiculously increase them beyond proportion.
Xiao's abilities are considered damage boost because he is not just simply smashing his potency but amplifying it into an ability which explains the damage boost increase.
Bane of all evil simply increases his potency for plunge normal and charged attack but not his ability
as for the defense increase, it's still under statistical amplification and yes it would make a difference as he has a durability advantage allowing him to survive longer
When did he spam his wind cycling move? Thanatos has been asking for this since earlier.

That sounds like game mechanics, I know little about genshin impact's lore but iirc talent is an in game thing, not part of the lore.

Is there an exact amount of hits he needs to take away someone's life force fully?

Assuming the bolded part is true, wouldn't that actually make him 6-C? Shouldn't that be on the profile?

So, why are we talking about Xiao draining life force? I don't see anything like Life Absorption on Xiao's profile.

Evidence that he spams it a lot outside of the game mechanics?

Deku's AP is 1 gigaton, Xiao's AP is 1.32. The difference isn't even x2.
The percentuals of the damage boost aren't usable considering that it's game mechanics, it's just a damage boost to an unknown value. And Deku can boost his own AP thanks to Fa Jin.

I don't see anything like that on the profile, the only life force thing I see is Bane of all Evil that consume his own life force, not the life force of others. Can you point me where that part is?
And again, how much is it in character to do so? And how like is it that he will be able to hit him before he get hit by multiple attacks?

Statistics Amplification is fair for Xiao, the percentual however is still not usable since it's a game mechanic that is not applicable to fighting. If you want to apply the 537% damage boost or any boost based on a percentual you will need a CRT considering that, as Rikimaro said, it would give him a jump to an higher tier.

I don't see anything like that on the profile, the only life force thing I see is Bane of all Evil that consume his own life force, not the life force of others. Can you point me where that part is?
And again, how much is it in character to do so? And how like is it that he will be able to hit him before he get hit by multiple attacks?
sorry this was a mistake him gaining life drain is only applicable if enough karma are present which Deku doesn't have so moot point

Elemental intangibility + teleport for maneuver and escape bad situation
Xiaoblitzing 4 automatons

a damage boost. we don't give them tier from abilities that is under ability of damage boost which was mentioned by Antv during a honkai CRT since someone mentioned 1050% damage boost from a casual attacks
That doesn't mean he spams it in a fight. You pointed out yourself he used it to get out of a bad situation, that doesn't indicate he spams it.

It would, It would go something like Tier X with (The move which gives the amp), We have tiers for characters who only reach a certain tier with one attack like with naruto's vermillion rasengan

This thread is just gives me a headache.

So what's the tally now, 4-4-0? Well i guess I'll just vote now before the thread ends, i would vote for Incon but because this is a tourney I'd rather not do that, but this is extreamly close but I'd honestly give it to Xiao, mainly just because of Karma corruption, although Xiao can't actually hit Deku with danger sense and definitely not during Fa Jin, but all Xiao has to do is stall out Deku for a few hours until his passive Karma takes a toll on Deku, first weakening him and draining his energy, and eventually making him go mad and either kill himself or go feral from what we see Karma do to others on par with Deku (the other Yakshas), so the actual question is if Xiao can survive long enough and not die to Fa Jin amped punches, and i think he is able to, intangibility in genshin is thought based, so even with Deku's speed amp he wont be getting many hits on Xiao, and as long as he has the energy for it, he can spam it, plus it's not the only defense he has, shielding, teleportation, shapeshifting and his Lemniscatic speed boost (that should be comparable to Deku's speed amp, albeit for a small window) are all thing he's able to do to play on defense even if Deku somehow analyzes actual intangibility, and he isn't an idiot to not see that attacking Deku head on won't work after a while, he's still more experienced, smarter and skilled then Deku, he will know when to use his advantage, and even if Deku hits Xiao, it won't be a one-shot, it probably won't even do that much to him with his noticeably higher durability. Overall i just see that it's more likely that Xiao is just able to stall out Deku long enough for the Karma to end it.

TLDR: Xiao wins by stalling Deku while the Karma kills him, Deku's only win-con against this it getting a couple lucky hits in before he dies to it, which is unlikely to happen, voting Xiao.

This thread is just gives me a headache.

So what's the tally now, 4-4-0? Well i guess I'll just vote now before the thread ends, i would vote for Incon but because this is a tourney I'd rather not do that, but this is extreamly close but I'd honestly give it to Xiao, mainly just because of Karma corruption, although Xiao can't actually hit Deku with danger sense and definitely not during Fa Jin, but all Xiao has to do is stall out Deku for a few hours until his passive Karma takes a toll on Deku, first weakening him and draining his energy, and eventually making him go mad and either kill himself or go feral from what we see Karma do to others on par with Deku (the other Yakshas), so the actual question is if Xiao can survive long enough and not die to Fa Jin amped punches, and i think he is able to, intangibility in genshin is thought based, so even with Deku's speed amp he wont be getting many hits on Xiao, and as long as he has the energy for it, he can spam it, plus it's not the only defense he has, shielding, teleportation, shapeshifting and his Lemniscatic speed boost (that should be comparable to Deku's speed amp, albeit for a small window) are all thing he's able to do to play on defense even if Deku somehow analyzes actual intangibility, and he isn't an idiot to not see that attacking Deku head on won't work after a while, he's still more experienced, smarter and skilled then Deku, he will know when to use his advantage, and even if Deku hits Xiao, it won't be a one-shot, it probably won't even do that much to him with his noticeably higher durability. Overall i just see that it's more likely that Xiao is just able to stall out Deku long enough for the Karma to end it.

TLDR: Xiao wins by stalling Deku while the Karma kills him, Deku's only win-con against this it getting a couple lucky hits in before he dies to it, which is unlikely to happen, voting Xiao.
Do we actually have an idea what the timeframe for the karma would be?

That doesn't mean he spams it in a fight. You pointed out yourself he used it to get out of a bad situation, that doesn't indicate he spams it.
and you're saying him fighting Deku who keeps amping himself isn't a bad situation when he realizes he is starting to overwhelm him?
why would you not spam an ability you casually use all the time in a fight against someone equal if not stronger than you?

I'll agree to disagree but my vote will remain.

Back