• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 6-A + MFTL+ upgrade for the Owl House?

Do these calcs warrant an upgrade? Yes or no. (not my calc, credit to Speedyroj)

Last edited:
It's important to put those in a VSBW blog and have calc group members evaluate it rather than a Google Doc.

Even assuming this calcs are right how is High 6-A and MFTL+ not an outlier?

You can still give credit to the person who made the calcs, just copy paste images and text into the blog after doing so.

The link to the stars thing doesn't work for me. Can I ask where the feat comes from? Is it the intro? Because if so I'm not sure about the feat.

yo, that doc is mine. Please ask permission before posting someone else's calcs next time lol.

Anyway, high 6-A and MFTL+ is probably an outlier by the site's standards, but the lower calcs in the doc are much more consistent, and still significantly higher than their current ratings. 8-A or low 7-C with magic should probably be fine, though yeah, gotta put the calcs into blogs first and all that.

Last edited:
yo, that doc is mine. Please ask permission before posting someone else's calcs next time lol.

Anyway, high 6-A and MFTL+ is probably an outlier by the site's standards, but the lower calcs in the doc are much more consistent, and still significantly higher than their current ratings. 8-A or low 7-C with magic should probably be fine, though yeah, gotta put the calcs into blogs first and all that.
I never said it was mine, I already said it wasn't mine to the sysops.

Did Luz really influence the stars? Because you can see their outlines already. Both before and after Luz sends her ball of light in the air. I really don't think she illuminated them and they just happened to be there already. I mean, you can see the outline of the glyph in the stars in both pictures. Notice the way the screen goes from blurry to clear in the pictures. And it's not just the stars either. Look at the clouds and the edges of the clouds. They clearly go from blurry to clear.

It seems to me as though the reason the Stars become more clear and bright is that Luz noticed them and started examining them more closely. Didn't the episode make it a point to show that you could find glyphs in nature if you paid attention? With this exact scene no less? That makes much more sense than the stars getting brighter or creating new ones thanks to a light spell.

"But the stars started twinkling and shining after her spell floated to the sky."

I mean, yeah, they did. But is there strong proof that was because of the spell or was it just for effects? You know Rockhoof? From MLP? When he told his story about turning an Ursa Major into a literal constellation, a group of stars started randomly sparkling in the night sky above him, and it's pretty blatantly not happening under his own power. Sorry to bring in MLP out of nowhere, but I'm familiar with the show, and that makes it easy to pick examples and find parallels to explain what I'm saying.

This is a more accurate before and after shot. Note how despite the blurriness being gone in both (or, well, more accurately the focus changes from closer things like the snowflakes and cage, to the stars, so the blurriness is there in the foreground, but not there for the stars, which is the important part), there are a lot of stars that outright weren't visible at all in the first shot, but brightened enough to appear next to the other stars in the second shot. In the first shot as well, even after the blurriness goes away, the stars are increasing in brightness and there are sparkling effects that weren't present prior to the light spell reaching the sky. You're right about it being possible to find glyphs in nature, but it's also possible for glyph patterns to appear and/or be created as a result of magic. Eda's light spell in episode 4 had a light glyph in it, and Boscha's fire magic created a glyph-shaped burn mark in episode 17. And even if the stars already existed and were arranged in that glyph pattern to begin with, that wouldn't affect the notion of the light spell brightening them.

Consistency is still an issue tho

Last edited:
This is a more accurate before and after shot. Note how despite the blurriness being gone in both (or, well, more accurately the focus changes from closer things like the snowflakes and cage, to the stars, so the blurriness is there in the foreground, but not there for the stars, which is the important part), there are a lot of stars that outright weren't visible at all in the first shot, but brightened enough to appear next to the other stars in the second shot. In the first shot as well, even after the blurriness goes away, the stars are increasing in brightness and there are sparkling effects that weren't present prior to the light spell reaching the sky. You're right about it being possible to find glyphs in nature, but it's also possible for glyph patterns to appear and/or be created as a result of magic. Eda's light spell in episode 4 had a light glyph in it, and Boscha's fire magic created a glyph-shaped burn mark in episode 17.
Fair enough for me atm.
And even if the stars already existed and were arranged in that glyph pattern to begin with, that wouldn't affect the notion of the light spell brightening them.
Although, personally speaking, illuminating pre-existing stars might be a more reliable end vs outright creating new ones given it was an illumination spell.

Curiously, as far as luminosity goes, wouldn't it be better to try and find the luminosity per second of a red dwarf instead of the Sun? Those are by far more common having seen Assaltwaffle's blog. On one hand that would be harder, but it would also be, more accurate in the long run. I've also read that the farthest visible star is actually Eta Carinae at 7500 light-years and 16k for V762 is outdated.

Sure, that sounds probably fine. A quick search tells me that an average red dwarf has 1/10,000th the luminosity of the sun, though I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Assuming it's accurate and subbing in that + the 7500 light-year figure,

6 = -26.73 – 2.5log((L/(3.48600e22))(146000000000/7.0953963e19)^2)
-13.092 = log((L/(3.48600e22))(146000000000/7.0953963e19)^2)
10^(-13.092) = (L/(3.48600e22))(146000000000/7.0953963e19)^2
8.09095899e-14 / ((146000000000/7.0953963e19)^2) = L/(3.48600e22)
19109.4243 = L/(3.48600e22)
L = 6.66154531e26 joules
Lt = 6.66154531e26 * 74 = 4.92954353e28 joules (11.78 exatons)

Yeah, it's not likely she touched the astronomical objects proper, and compared to the other feats multi-continent is a huge outlier

Last edited:
That is the dumbest thing I've read in a while. Luz doesn't have magic outside of the paper seals or whatever, to imply that she had direct influence on the stars just doesn't make sense in universe and as such to say she did is a massive stretch. It'd make more sense if it was just a natural occurrence one could observe under the right conditions and not something Luz caused though her none existing magical abilities.

Last edited:
Link has been taken down. Based on just observation from watching the show, I haven't seen anything beyond small building level. The illuminating the stars bit is really iffy. I don't believe it to be valid. If there's calcs higher than 9-A then I'm all for it. Amity needs to get some buffs too!

Back