• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Owl House: a really big discussion of a lots of feats.

Well this will be really long TOH CRT but also important.

Here's are a big list of feats being calculated:

Those bring a lot of feats which should buff verse speed, AP, LS wise and etc. Some of them you may seem in blogs already and some I'm (and hopefully someone else if they can add those calcs to calc blog) planning to add those feats into calc blog.

This thread however is not only to bring attention to those feats but also discuss stuff of scaling those feats and other stuff.

Big credit for @Lucia_Ohma for calculating most if not all feats, and hopefully it'll at least receive an attention.

Also in those electricity feats why are you using lightning levels of speeds, electricity only moves at such speeds when it's coming from a cloud as lightning, normal ground electricity only moves at around mach 2.

Course they're dead smfh copyright sucks so much
Also in those electricity feats why are you using lightning levels of speeds, electricity only moves at such speeds when it's coming from a cloud as lightning, normal ground electricity only moves at around mach 2.

Also those aren't specifically electricity based stuff since magic in the Boiling Isles all originates from elements it means they're using Lightning

Also those aren't specifically electricity based stuff since magic in the Boiling Isles all originates from elements it means they're using Lightning
Electricity and Lightning are the same thing though just under different circumstances and conditions. Lightning has the properties it does due to how it was created not some sort of intrinsic property. The stuff that powers a toaster and the stuff that comes from clouds are both on a base level just electricity, just under different circumstances.

Except when we see the "Electricity" in the verse for instance we see Raine for summon it from a cloud everyone in the verse learns the same type of elemental magic most notably any emperor's coven scout and Eda constantly boasting she can use any type of magic

And the lightning dodging calc explains how elements in the Boiling Isles are one to one with natural elements it's not purely based on the type it's also the original source and style of the magic itself and in this case light magic originates from Stars and we immediately classify it as lightspeed so how come utilizing Lightning that comes from the Clouds doesn't give it lightning speed?

While this was a Petrification Beam this was also a beam created by Belos the most powerful being known on the Isles who can easily perform all types of magic found thus far in the series meaning he easily can perform light magic as well with that in mind it wouldn't make much sense for anything made with his magic to not at the very least he shot at lightspeed since he scales to his own power
I've placed the calc here because I known some might think it's sus since the laser didn't show all the qualifications of being a laser other than straight line,reflecting but considering the laser originated from a laser cannon in the Boiling Isles Titan which is connected to the Isles itself that can produce normal/natural light at the very least think it has more leeway consider it food at a dinner table that people are speculating to eat but don't know if it's good yet
99% sure this isn't sufficient evidence to prove the attack is lightspeed

Either way, shouldn't all these calcs be placed on a blog post on the wiki?

99% sure this isn't sufficient evidence to prove the attack is lightspeed

Either way, shouldn't all these calcs be placed on a blog post on the wiki?
I just updated it at the very least assuming it's light injected with plasma via a researched article that has if at Rela at the very least

The reason I'm not disregarding the feat is because it's been established throughout the series that all supernatural and magic forces in the verse originated from nature nothing else

I just updated it at the very least assuming it's light injected with plasma via a researched article that has if at Rela at the very least
Unless I'm reading it wrong, that's not what the article is saying. It's physicists/researchers manipulating light pulses/waves using different kinds of materials.
Physicists have been playing hard and fast with the speed limit of light pulses for a while, speeding them up and even slowing them to a virtual stand-still using various materials like cold atomic gases, refractive crystals, and optical fibers.

This time, researchers from Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in California and the University of Rochester in New York have managed it inside hot swarms of charged particles, fine-tuning the speed of light waves within plasma to anywhere from around one-tenth of light's usual vacuum speed to more than 30 percent faster.
Honestly, I don't think that should be used either

Curious as to what makes it unusable when it sounds relevant due to the controversial take on Plasma Lasers in the vs community here we have a researched idea of the concept and it's more or less still in the Rela range

Edit: Glad these docs are finally getting attention though due to the quiet for months lmao

Your right but they're also using light infused with plasma
It's explicitly said to be "light waves within plasma". Not light infused with plasma
Curious as to what makes it unusable when it sounds relevant due to the controversial take on Plasma Lasers in the vs community here we have a researched idea of the concept and it's more or less still in the Rela range
There is zero evidence to suggest that attack is light infused with plasma or whatever stuff that is said in the article

Actually hold up if it's just Lightwaves within Plasma then should that support the Rela speed case even more because it shows Plasma based light is reaching those speed tiers?

I used it as an example because most immediately go to the assumption for Plasma based lasers whenever there are lasers in fiction that don't have enough qualifications as a natural laser

However I already said earlier magic stuff in the Owl House series all originate in nature and it is one to one with nature in the human realm, we even got a better look during the events of Young Blood Old Souls when Lilith used her plant magic to hold down King natural human realm roots sprouted from the ground to hold him down and in the 6 min clip release for Thanks to Them Amity creates a Light Glyph ball while in the human realm meaning the Stars in the Human realm are one to one with those of the Boiling Isles

I used it as an example because most immediately go to the assumption for Plasma based lasers whenever there are lasers in fiction that don't have enough qualifications as a natural laser
I have never seen that on this wiki. If it doesn't have enough qualifications, we just completely disregard it
However I already said earlier magic stuff in the Owl House series all originate in nature and it is one to one with nature in the human realm, we even got a better look during the events of Young Blood Old Souls when Lilith used her plant magic to hold down King natural human realm roots sprouted from the ground to hold him down and in the 6 min clip release for Thanks to Them Amity creates a Light Glyph ball while in the human realm meaning the Stars in the Human realm are one to one with those of the Boiling Isles
And there is little to no evidence to suggest that blast is light

I have never seen that ever on this wiki. Afaik, we just completely disregard any attempt to calc it like that

And there is little to no evidence to suggest that blast is light
I've already said you can personally disregard the feat if you want to I'm just not ignoring it due to everything else we've been given on the verse

There's other note worthy speed feats in the verse as well that gets in similar ranges

Except when we see the "Electricity" in the verse for instance we see Raine for summon it from a cloud everyone in the verse learns the same type of elemental magic most notably any emperor's coven scout and Eda constantly boasting she can use any type of magic
Why would all forms of magic of a certain type of magic have exactly the same properties? And if they do why would Raine even bother summoning clouds if all electric attacks move at the same rate. If all electricity is the same then it would never not be optimal just to shoot it out, summoning a cloud seems like a waste of time.
And the lightning dodging calc explains how elements in the Boiling Isles are one to one with natural elements it's not purely based on the type it's also the original source and style of the magic itself and in this case light magic originates from Stars and we immediately classify it as lightspeed so how come utilizing Lightning that comes from the Clouds doesn't give it lightning speed?
Yeah but that's because light moves at the speed of light. Not all electricity moves at the speed of lightning, it depends on the circumstances of it's creation. If the eletricity comes from clouds, sure it's lighting, but if lightning is cast it shouldn't likely be considered as fast.

I've already said you can personally disregard the feat if you want to I'm just not ignoring it due to everything else we've been given on the verse
I can't decide whether these calcs get accepted anyway. I'm just giving my thoughts
There's other note worthy speed feats in the verse as well that gets in similar ranges
I only see one other FTL combat/reaction speed calc in that blog, and it's only baseline FTL anyway

Why would all forms of magic of a certain type of magic have exactly the same properties? And if they do why would Raine even bother summoning clouds if all electric attacks move at the same rate. If all electricity is the same then it would never not be optimal just to shoot it out, summoning a cloud seems like a waste of time.

Yeah but that's because light moves at the speed of light. Not all electricity moves at the speed of lightning, it depends on the circumstances of it's creation. If the eletricity comes from clouds, sure it's lighting, but if lightning is cast it shouldn't likely be considered as fast.
Well all Bards as far as we've seen do summon a type of cloud when they conjure up their magic most of the time so that's just their style that doesn't really defeat the purpose and conjure up the idea of different types of electricity because they still all originated from the same exact original source from said clouds in nature which I keep reiterating lol

Edit:I'd like to say for the record Amity says that even kids in the verse can create light magic the same one that comes from nature and comes from the stars so why assume different speed for lightning magic despite it coming from the same source of lightning

Oh! BTW I fixed the links that were copyright striked in the google doc however if there's any vids that were deleted and striked in the vsbattles blogs I asked Oleggy to take care of it so don't worry they'll be back in a while

Edit:Minor stuff but I also think we should update the profile for Luz regarding her design in the S2 finale and S3 once we get a render of it that is and same should be applied to the rest of the cast's profile

Last edited:
Well all Bards as far as we've seen do summon a type of cloud when they conjure up their magic most of the time so that's just their style that doesn't really defeat the purpose and conjure up the idea of different types of electricity because they still all originated from the same exact original source from said clouds in nature which I keep reiterating lol
And the source of Ice magic is snow and the source of Light magic are stars (if they are stars at least). Ice magic doesn't cap out at snow and Light magic isn't treat as some kind of mini fusion generator, from my understanding you can use principles of nature without inherently having the same limits or benefits. Magic seems to be based on the fundamental idea of certain "elements" not the "elements" under certain conditions. Light glyph aren't treated like tiny stars and Ice Glyph can do more then just snow.
Edit:I'd like to say for the record Amity says that even kids in the verse can create light magic the same one that comes from nature and comes from the stars so why assume different speed for lightning magic despite it coming from the same source of lightning
Because light that comes from stars moves at the same speed as light that comes from a flashlight, that's how light work. The electricity that comes from cloud and the kind that are produced by a Tesla coil move at different rates.

Correct me if Im wrong but isn't the case of the Tesla is it uses electricity generated from original and artificially made technological sources with much less voltage than a lightning bolt?

In the case of the Owl House they're not using original made technology for lightning generation magic their channeling the magic power from the nature of the Boiling Isles Titan itself if anything Raine and Skara's display of Bard magic displaying Clouds before hand sounds more definite also natural elemental styles are taught before entering a coven track

Belos's staff magic being able to keep up means they're all as lethal this is also items made by a man who studied the Elements of the Isles for several Hundreds of years and worked with resources that easily far outclass any normal standard technology we've created not to mention the fact they're naturally generating the same magic from the Isles

And yes in the same episode Luz first learned the Ice Glyph we see Stars in the Boiling Isles directly form the pattern of a Light Glyph so they are natural Stars regarding the other showing properties of light magic they've shown to light up the dark,cast shadows,burn upon contact,Luz uses it to generate a Neon Sign which are composed of Photons,in early season 2 Luz notes while experimenting with it in her book that they're capable of reflection & creating color when natural light protrudes through crystals & diamonds

I was just waiting for evaluation for some that looked worth to be made into a blog for

One of em was already made into a blog in the second Google doc labeled "The Owl House: Titan Shenanigans"

Please transfer the feats to blogs for the Calc group evaluation. What's accepted can then be discussed for the scaling chain.

Back