• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Post a Character, Receive a Character Sheet for a Zombie Apocalypse TTRPG

Yeah but "realistic" zombies wouldn't be an actual issue being honest. Just one well equipped military squad would be able to decimate thousands of them.
I just hope that if zombies were real, our military had actually read max brooks world war z book

cause in the book america suffers because they don’t aim for the head but the body and end up wasting their bullets and causing a lot of casualties

I just hope that if zombies were real, our military had actually read max brooks world war z book

cause in the book america suffers because they don’t aim for the head but the body and end up wasting their bullets and causing a lot of casualties
I mean I don't think anyone doesn't know that shotting zombies in the head is what kills them at this point

I mean I don't think anyone doesn't know that shotting zombies in the head is what kills them at this point
true but i honestly feel like governments are not that good at pop culture stuff than we are.

also always want to stay away from tall grassy areas because zombies can hide in them especially the crawler ones (missing legs)

stay away from swamps, (zombies hidden in the swamp ready to come out and drag you down

According to max brooks (cemetaries are the safest places because zombies will not come out of the grave, they're buried with tons of dirt plus coffins prevent zombies from coming out either way)

Also doesn’t anyone think short hair, tight clothes are also important in a zombie apocalypse.

last thing you want is the zombies grabbing your long hair or any clothes that aren’t tight.
If clothes are tight though, it would mean they are thin, which would be easy to bite or claw through. The best form of outfit is one that is slippery, so that the zombie has no grip.

If clothes are tight though, it would mean they are thin, which would be easy to bite or claw through. The best form of outfit is one that is slippery, so that the zombie has no grip.
True

Also isn’t a bicycle a good form of transportation during the zombie apocalypse?

it’s quiet, needs no fuel, and you can take it anywhere you go. (Only problem is it can only carry limited amounts of supplies

Also where are we going to get food, and no I’m not going into the grocery store because the food and all that will rot away quickly and flies will be everywhere. Disgusting

Fast food diners would be somewhat good, due to frozen goods being found there such as burgers and chicken, which should last for a while. There's always setting up a garden as well.
True

Though shouldn’t we fear other humans more than the zombies?

getting food and resources is good but encountering other survivors is dangerous.

331736-EF-00-F4-4-AF1-B19-F-1-CBD28-C3-C102.png

Huo long heater

True

Though shouldn’t we fear other humans more than the zombies?

getting food and resources is good but encountering other survivors is dangerous.
Fun fact, statistically humans are prone to becoming considerably more generous when faced with a disaster. So, if a zombie apocalypse indeed lasted only a month, it is likely that people would be of little concern. Desperation wouldn't kick in for some time, methinks.

Of course, criminals and similar threats would still exist, but the average person doesn't turn into a lunatic murderer when faced with annihilation- quite the opposite.

Fun fact, statistically humans are prone to becoming considerably more generous when faced with a disaster. So, if a zombie apocalypse indeed lasted only a month, it is likely that people would be of little concern. Desperation wouldn't kick in for some time, methinks.

Of course, criminals and similar threats would still exist, but the average person doesn't turn into a lunatic murderer when faced with annihilation- quite the opposite.

though I wonder do we need to necessarily build a base during zombie apocalypse or do some zombie apocalypse’s end quickly than others therefore it’s not necessary

I intend to get back to this, promise, just been consumed in a particularly enrapturing game lately.

A gun, or perhaps bleach, as it very quickly solves the problem of "living in a zombie apocalypse", harhar.

To kill a zombie... I don't know. In Zomboid I rather like crowbars and axes as far as easy-to-use things go, but spears hold a special place in my heart.

Spear is honestly a good choice for dealing with zombies, idk why more zombie series don't have people just spear mfs.

from tv tropes head scratchers regarding max brooks zombie survival guide

Why shouldn't spears be used in a zombie outbreak? Also, shovels are never mentioned. Wouldn't you want a weapon that can smash in a head and chop through a skull from a safe distance? And chances are you will be needing one anyway...
  • Mostly because using a long pole-based weapon on zombies gives them something to grab and drag you down with. Even if that didn't happen, a point is made that stabbing weaponry can get stuck in a Zed's head, probably knocking you off-balance. It's also stated that shovels are decent (well, a type of "battle" shovel from China and used by those monk zombie hunters) Zed-killing tools.
  • Spears were used in one or two of the recorded attacks. In the same vein as rapiers and thrusting swords, the only way to guarantee a kill would be a stab through the eyeas the human skull's pretty tough. Enough force could sever the spine or throat and cause severe damage of course, but as long as the brain's intact the zombie is a threat, however immobile.
    • In one case, improvised pole-weapons were used to keep zombies at bay from the top of a staircase. They worked fairly well, however eventually they either stuck in the zombies' flesh or were grabbed and pulled away.
  • You could probably do well with a two-man team, one wielding a boar-spear and the other, a blade, however. Spear-man jabs the zombie mid-body, zombie keeps approaching until it hits the crossbar, spear-man holds the impaled zombie steady while the blade-man takes off its head. If there's more than one zombie, find a narrow bolthole and spear the first one to approach, then hold the impaled one in place as a barrier while taking off the arms of the ones trying to get past it until they can't grab and are easier to decapitate.
    • Decent plan for a well trained duo with steady nerves but the book is specifically supposed to be advice for normal civilians

Also since zombies can’t drown you think there might be ones in the ocean too? (Am worried they might wash up on shore)

If so someone get a spear gun and a bang stick to kill them.

Spears are a good weapon for a zombie apocalypse since they can be used effectively with little training and will help you capitalize on your speed/agility against a (generally) slower enemy that can end you with one grab/well landed bite (wich would be unnerving af when combined with their intimidation factor and rotten stench) whereas blunt weapons like a crowbar could leave you open to a counter against a particularly tall zombie with good reach and might even expose you to infection by getting blood/bits of flesh/saliva into your eyes and mouth.

It does have it's downsides tho, as zombie resilience means you pretty much have to pierce the brain to land an instant kill (very hard to do consistently with a spear for someone untrained.) and even if you hit the heart (wich would also take some skill to target consistently) it might get stuck in the ribcage and screw you over. It would also require more maintenance when compared to your average blunt weapon, but would also be one of the easiest melee weapons you could improvise.

Medieval mace would be quite good as well (albeit very hard to find) specially if you couple it with a riot shield. Would recommend wearing glasses and mask to avoid getting zombie bits in unwanted places, however.

Medieval mace would be quite good as well (albeit very hard to find) specially if you couple it with a riot shield. Would recommend wearing glasses and mask to avoid getting zombie bits in unwanted places, however.
i suppose that's based on 28 days later? (where zombie blood got onto someone's eye and he got infected)

Blind people finally at an advantage lets go my brothers
Which is why cleavers would be great. Easy to maintain by finding a steel, and crush bone easily, meaning breaking through the skull and getting a headshot would be easier

More on basic safety procedures on handling potentially infected material than any specific piece of media. Even assuming the blood does not carry the zombie pathogen you might still get another type of infection from decaying flesh/blood getting into your eyes, this in a time where you likely won't be getting help from a professional physician. (not to mention getting your vision blurred by it could be very bad news.)

Blind people finally at an advantage lets go my brothers

Which is why cleavers would be great. Easy to maintain by finding a steel, and crush bone easily, meaning breaking through the skull and getting a headshot would be easier
what about a nail gun?

also you do realize that since zombies don't need to breathe they could hide underwater and there might be swarms of them in the ocean too

what about a nail gun?
I dont know but I heard many have safety featured, and even then, a nail penetrating through the skull likely wouldn't be enough to deal greater damage to the brain.... I feel like we're all starting to sounds like sociopaths here
also you do realize that since zombies don't need to breathe they could hide underwater and there might be swarms of them in the ocean too
I never mentioned zombies in water, but it would likely be impossible for deep water travel due to pressure, so it would be unlikely for a zombie to walk through a lake without getting stuck at the bottom.

I never mentioned zombies in water, but it would likely be impossible for deep water travel due to pressure, so it would be unlikely for a zombie to walk through a lake without getting stuck at the bottom.

Was just warning you another thing to watch it for.

max brooks zombie survival guide is one of the best if you want to know how to survive a zombie apocalypse and the ocean thing is one of the things he mentions

Was just warning you another thing to watch it for.

max brooks zombie survival guide is one of the best if you want to know how to survive a zombie apocalypse and the ocean thing is one of the things he mentions
Well if its specifically about the ocean, im pretty sure most of them would be crushed like a can due to pressure, like I previously mentioned. At that point, if they're swept up, there wouldn't be much danger from the body I would assume.

How the pathogen works would also be a pretty big problem. If it's only through biting and such there won't be that many problems. If it can be propagated through water (as in, an infected corpse/zombie gets dumped in a river or burried near an underground river and now it's all infected) would be hellish. Imagine getting infected by mosquito bites too (like the Crimson Curse in Darkest Dungeon).

Other stuff like it being spread through airbone means and being very infectious with a long period of latency would also be hell on earth.

How the pathogen works would also be a pretty big problem. If it's only through biting and such there won't be that many problems. If it can be propagated through water (as in, an infected corpse/zombie gets dumped in a river or burried near an underground river and now it's all infected) would be hellish. Imagine getting infected by mosquito bites too (like the Crimson Curse in Darkest Dungeon).

Other stuff like it being spread through airbone means and being very infectious with a long period of latency would also be hell on earth.
So I guess airborne plague zombies burning it is dangerous too

They're all rotted and shit, I don't think any animal's gonna view them as food.

Anyways realistically I have a 0% chance of getting my hands on any real weaponry considering where I live so my best bet would be like, farming tools, which we have a couple of. Long enough to stay at range, built to be sturdy and probably strong enough to smash through a halfway-decomposed skull. Taping a knife to a broom handle or something sounds cool but I think it'd fall apart pretty quickly.

They're all rotted and shit, I don't think any animal's gonna view them as food.

Anyways realistically I have a 0% chance of getting my hands on any real weaponry considering where I live so my best bet would be like, farming tools, which we have a couple of. Long enough to stay at range, built to be sturdy and probably strong enough to smash through a halfway-decomposed skull. Taping a knife to a broom handle or something sounds cool but I think it'd fall apart pretty quickly.
A cleaver or a kitchen knife can work

Back