• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 6-A Lord of Magic Tournament (2023): Morris Libardirt vs Orcus

Rules:

1-Hax in general at High Hax (No need to hold back here, It's time for Hax lords to fight)

2-Equalized speed in all matches.

3-Ap should be from to 400 - 10 Extatons for AP range. Killing, K.O and BFR is allowed.
  • (There will be Stomp matches)
4-Random encounters no prior knowledge to anybody.

5-Total 10 Participants!
  • (FC/OC Characters are allowed as I was explained in the past by user Spinoirr, Who previously participated in my tournament with his FC/OC Character)
6-Fighting distance for every matchup will be 50 meters.

7- If characters are being removed due to Content Revision or any other cases, If someone else joins in place of another character I WILL NOT be doing rematches (What's done is done)

8- Location: All matches will take place in the Tournament of Power Arena

9- The winner will be declared The Lord of Magic and be given the beautiful Magic Trophy!

Lord_of_Magic.png

Combatants:
latest
VS
latest

Result
Characters:Attack Potency:Votes:
Morris Libardirt (Black Clover):188.64 Petatons
Orcus (Dungeons and Dragons):(Upscales from 13.74 petatons)
Inconclusive:

Don't know anything about Black Clover but it seems like the only thing Morris has over Orcus is a big AP advantage. Orcus is way more haxxed and has an enormous arsenal of moves, but I don't know how much that matters.

I mean yeah but glancing at it its mod godly regen is only overtime.

Idk how fast will he regenerate his physical body in this case so ap stomping him might work as KO that is if he has no other things like invul or some ridiculous stuff

So the other can AP stomp while the other can hax bad. What are the range and potency of said hax anyway and resistance
I don't know the exact sources of each of his abilities so I don't know the details of how they function but I feel like his power null and mid-godly regen null should be taken into account, as well as disintegration, EE and durability negation to deal with the AP gap

I don't know the exact sources of each of his abilities so I don't know the details of how they function but I feel like his power null and mid-godly regen null should be taken into account, as well as disintegration, EE and durability negation to deal with the AP gap
Morris resists power null

Orcus' abilities are all 4-D. His presence in any plane that is not the Abyss will imminently bring that plane of existence into the Abyss- it is the nature of demonic corruption, and a demon lord's presence is the last step towards this.

Given he does not have the Wand of Orcus here, he will use thought-based magic. Soul-destroying death hax like Finger of Death, similarly soul rending stat reduction with enervation, infinite speed amplification via time stop, a number of symbols that inflict various effects upon those who see them- death, blindness, paralyzing pain, and so on.

His profile needs to be clearer then, cuz there's no way to know that his powenull is 4-D
We don't have a dimensionality section for the profiles. I must note that Morris' profile as well does not list what potency his abilities are, a travesty.

We don't have a dimensionality section for the profiles. I must note that Morris' profile as well does not list what potency his abilities are, a travesty.
Because none of his abilities are 4-D, and are all non layered aside from maybe one or 2

Because none of his abilities are 4-D, and are all non layered aside from maybe one or 2
I'm being an arse with you, because you're asking for something rarely given on a profile, and turning that request on its head for (practically no) comedic effect.

Regardless, based on that knowledge, I will presume that it is no longer "not looking good for Orcus here". We can move on.

So the other can AP stomp while the other can hax bad. What are the range and potency of said hax anyway and resistance
Regarding AP death for Orcus: Demons respawn in the Abyss on their own- depending on their power, the time it takes to live again is decreased. For Orcus and similar top-tier demon lords, the Abyss can simply spawn it back in instantly, compared to a Dretch taking typically 100 years. As long as he can hop back from the Abyss, that mf will keep bringing him back.

Regarding AP death for Orcus: Demons respawn in the Abyss on their own- depending on their power, the time it takes to live again is decreased. For Orcus and similar top-tier demon lords, the Abyss can simply spawn it back in instantly, compared to a Dretch taking typically 100 years. As long as he can hop back from the Abyss, that mf will keep bringing him back.

The prof says orcus needs to eat morris to bring him to the abyss right?

forgive me for asking a shit ton of questions from here on out. I have to know who and what exactly Morris is dealing with here.

Does Orcus resist holy manipulation, deconstruction and conceptual manipulation type 3?

Last edited:
No. Planes of existence beset by demons are passively drawn into the Abyss, it's just not immediate (just imminent). Orcus could also eat him, though, I'm just making it clear that I'm not referring to that bit of the profile.

I don't mind. I normally dislike these sorts of threads but that's partially because all that tends to need said is "smurf magic" and then I get to leave- earnest questions are welcome.

Orcus resists concept manip type 1, even. Those other two, as well- holy manip is sort of a broader thing, but he has Spell Resistance, which covers said broader thing. This is far from exhaustive, but it's a decent reference. It covers about 2 books worth of content out of the 600 relevant books we need to dig through.

Fair enough. I’ll take a look at the link after this reply. How does it resist spells? The good ‘ol no selling effects or is it more unique than that. Also the magic in the verse is basically reality warping right? Or is there some kind of energy system in place?

Fair enough. I’ll take a look at the link after this reply. How does it resist spells? The good ‘ol no selling effects or is it more unique than that. Also the magic in the verse is basically reality warping right? Or is there some kind of energy system in place?
1. Spell Resistance is a specific counter to the magic sources in the verse itself. Rather than denying the effects, in this instance it's just no-selling the source of magic.
2. The default arcane sort is. There's a dozen or so different types of magic, ranging from subjective reality, reality warping, conceptual manipulation, elemental manipulation (that'd be the energy system one), ki, etc etc.

1. Spell Resistance is a specific counter to the magic sources in the verse itself. Rather than denying the effects, in this instance it's just no-selling the source of magic.
2. The default arcane sort is. There's a dozen or so different types of magic, ranging from subjective reality, reality warping, conceptual manipulation, elemental manipulation (that'd be the energy system one), ki, etc etc.

Kk

And Orcus resists all of these types?

Also, on a semi related note, is Goad of Misfortune and Henley's Digit of Disruption spell really deconstruction? They merely destroy the target which is either AP or just Dura neg. Curse of Yollanda looks like Age Manipulation too.

Kk

And Orcus resists all of these types?

Also, on a semi related note, is Goad of Misfortune and Henley's Digit of Disruption spell really deconstruction? They merely destroy the target which is either AP or just Dura neg. Curse of Yollanda looks like Age Manipulation too.
Spell Resistance covers all of those, magic is all generally linked since it all comes from The Serpent

"Disruption" effects are considered deconstruction, typically, aye.

"Disruption" effects are considered deconstruction, typically, aye.
Couldn’t there be exceptions? Like the disruption spell I mentioned. It’s just a lightning attack. What if said disruption implies the target is turned to ashes/dust as a result of the heat from the lightning attack.

Couldn’t there be exceptions? Like the disruption spell I mentioned. It’s just a lightning attack. What if said disruption implies the target is turned to ashes/dust as a result of the heat from the lightning attack.
I'm not sure which one you're referring to as "just a lightning attack", but no, it would not be "just" a lightning attack. There are those (Call Lightning, Lightning Bolt, etc). Disruption is a very different beast entirely. That said, neither of those spells involve lightning.

Morris’ main schtick is dismantle and operation. Dismantle just breaks anything apart including concepts like Fate, Luck, Laws, Subjective Reality, Pocket Dimensions, and everything in between. Operation just puts things back together, and could even put back dismantled creatures to recreate life and control them.

I meant this

a lightning strikes a target and it disrupts and gets destroyed basically. But that’s cool ig.
Henley's Digit of Disruption, in the book linked, is positive energy- TL;DR soul stuff.

What is the conclusion here ? Someone needs to advance to the Semi finals.
Peppersalt has not commented yet ?

Morris’ main schtick is dismantle and operation. Dismantle just breaks anything apart including concepts like Fate, Luck, Laws, Subjective Reality, Pocket Dimensions, and everything in between. Operation just puts things back together, and could even put back dismantled creatures to recreate life and control them.

got no reply to this. Bambu was probably busy

got no reply to this. Bambu was probably busy
Deconstruction, as mentioned, is resisted. Orcus existed before laws and such since demons are older than the gods themselves, and can create his own concepts (with blackjack! and hookers!). Morris does not seem to have an answer against Orcus' thought-based 4-D instant-kills.

Orcus wins here I'd assume waiting for Adem warlock vs Xu Jingming to complete I'll probably start Semi Finals tomorrow.

Back