• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goku wasn't using God Ki in UI as there's no indication it works like that and Kefla doesn't have God Ki either.

No, I said none that matter. Immortality doesn't matter.

Yeah, okay so revision threads just don't matter if you decide it.

Okay then, the only revision threads I found for Darkrai that actually 'matter' would be this for BFR and Pocket Reality (neither relevant to a teleporter), memory manipulation here (also not relevant) and this for Tier 2 Darkrai, which is only 'relevant' if you think the Grand Priest somehow isn't 2-B within the context of DBH.

So seeing as we are judging revision threads on whether 'they matter', I have to question why any of Darkrai's revisions are relevant to this match.

None of which are actually combat applicable besides the flight power null? For example, his reality warping comes from...changing the World of Void's color. Impressive. Surely, he's got ki that rivals the Infinity Gauntlet.

Yes, teleportation isn't combat applicable. How silly of me.

I stated that because every DB fan acts like Ultra Instinct is "I can't get hit at all so eff you" when that's blatantly untrue.

The only times that Goku was hit by someone was when they overpowered him in a clash. The only anti-feat anywhere close to UI being touched is Manga Jiren grabbing Goku by the ankle, and it was stated Jiren was constantly adapting against him.

If you want to claim the most powerful and dangerous martial arts technique in the entire Dragon Ball franchise is being wanked, please source your claims for why we should think Darkrai would strike the Grand Priest.

Please note that the Grand Priest has a higher sixth-sense that Darkrai lacks, and should sense any energy that Darkrai uses (including invisible). It's even shown that he wouldn't need Ki Sense, when Goku dodges Hit's invisible, intangible, attacks with his eyes closed, that couldn't even be detected by Ki Sense IIRC.

Not a good example given she skins him twice,

Isn't skinning blasts required to do well in Touhou, due to the hitboxes?

the immediate lasers are coming one at a time,

What?

Darkrai being >>>>> her in every category (versatility, power, hax, intelligence, mobility, etc.)

How Darkrai compares to Kefla in terms of power is unimportant.

What 'versatility' does Darkrai's learnset provide him against the Grand Priest? The moves listed on his profile are just spheres, waves or moves that require the opponent to already be asleep. What exactly is making Darkrai so much more versatile of a fighter than Kefla?

Hax, fine.

Intelligence? How are you judging this? the most intelligent Darkrai to my memory is the cunning PMD Darkrai, whereas Kefla is a genius at martial arts. I don't see how Darkrai's feats of plotting is going to help in a direct 1v1 fight against someone like the Grand Priest.

Mobility? I can only see this being true when including his infinite speed and intangibility. Speed equalised, he only has intangibility over Kefla and I can't say I remember Darkrai going into gymnastics class or displaying any athletics before.

and using the word of ROSHI, for her being capable of one-shotting him is silly at best

Roshi is the God of Martial Arts that is respected by Beerus the Destroyer, the ancient god with 65 million+ years of martial arts so I think he could probably tell the vital signs of his student, if Goku stops moving for even a second.

Even if we disregarded his word, Goku ran out of steam immediately after defeating Kefla. So it's clear he was weakening from earlier in the fight.

If we want to entertain this argument,

then we need scans for

Passive Probability Manipulation (The Grand Priests Miracle CI is constantly at the highest rating, making it so all his attacks have the highest probability of landing on his opponent and that his opponents abilities will always fail to land on him)

Statistics Reduction (Can reduce enemy's power to 1),

literally everything else can be explained via scaling to Top Tier DBH, Canon Angels and to his own self.

Reminder that 'i don't like it' and 'i don't trust the profiles' still aren't arguments, especialy when you're trying to hold only one side to those standards.

I think Grace is over.

BTW, it's 75 million years + for Beerus, not 65, small nitpick.

Omegas03 said:
This isn't a stomp? lol.
It's a stomp if you assume that GP resist the sleep manipulation by virtue of his self sustenance, i don't think we came to an agreement on that, if you don't then Darkrai has a win condition so not a stomp.

Unless it's a fight to the death with no incap win, then Darkrai has no win con either way, i guesse.

Its pretty dubious that this match should be added, the fact Darkrai's sleep manipulation can affect 4-D conceptual beings with type 3 self substance was overlooked plus about the FRA train; there were already 7 votes for DBH GP BEFORE Cal and other Pokémon supporters came here to argue against Cryo's points just saying!.

Either way I don't have the energy to debate this and this match can be removed later on if folks can bring up further reasoning in the future or accept this as win for GP , so no skin off my back.

Big no to this matchup being added yet because people are STILL neglecting to give me one piece of information about how good GP's resistance to sleep hax is (even if he legit has it in the first place). Besides giving a vague "its high".

Someone give an actual explanation to how good it is, or Darkrai still dark voids here like he always does.

Zenkaibattery1 said:
He should also have resistance via power scaling to other godly entities who are unaffected by multiversal levels of sleep manipulation because "I'm a god"
Taking that away, Heroes Grand Priest has passive probability manipulation where the abilities of his opponent always fail to land or work on him, and his inate way of fighting which is snapping his fingers and using the most logical hax neccessary to win
first 4-5 post.

No, I said none that matter. Immortality doesn't matter.

Yeah, okay so revision threads just don't matter if you decide it.

• So tell me when immortality mattered in a hax match? Nobody questions immortality. People question a ton of the things present here without stuff to back it up.
Okay then, the only revision threads I found for Darkrai that actually 'matter' would be this for BFR and Pocket Reality (neither relevant to a teleporter), memory manipulation here (also not relevant) and this for Tier 2 Darkrai, which is only 'relevant' if you think the Grand Priest somehow isn't 2-B within the context of DBH.

So seeing as we are judging revision threads on whether 'they matter', I have to question why any of Darkrai's revisions are relevant to this match.

• The main fact that you can call back to when Darkrai actually used Dark Void means that he has much more than GP has verifying what he has for his canon and non-canon selves combined.
None of which are actually combat applicable besides the flight power null? For example, his reality warping comes from...changing the World of Void's color. Impressive. Surely, he's got ki that rivals the Infinity Gauntlet.

Yes, teleportation isn't combat applicable. How silly of me.

• Yes. Teleportation is totally a winning hax. That's gonna grant a W.
I stated that because every DB fan acts like Ultra Instinct is "I can't get hit at all so eff you" when that's blatantly untrue.

The only times that Goku was hit by someone was when they overpowered him in a clash. The only anti-feat anywhere close to UI being touched is Manga Jiren grabbing Goku by the ankle, and it was stated Jiren was constantly adapting against him.

If you want to claim the most powerful and dangerous martial arts technique in the entire Dragon Ball franchise is being wanked, please source your claims for why we should think Darkrai would strike the Grand Priest.

• You mean the times where Jiren hit Goku in their final bout? Or the massive NLF that UI users can't be touched in h2h combat? Who care if it's the strongest martial art in Dragon Ball. If anything that makes it even more prone to wank, which everyone who says "Goku and UI users can't be hit at all" does.
Please note that the Grand Priest has a higher sixth-sense that Darkrai lacks, and should sense any energy that Darkrai uses (including invisible). It's even shown that he wouldn't need Ki Sense, when Goku dodges Hit's invisible, intangible, attacks with his eyes closed, that couldn't even be detected by Ki Sense IIRC.

And yet Goku gets ambushed by that random heavy dude. Inconsistencies don't only apply for the lower stuff.

Not a good example given she skins him twice,

Isn't skinning blasts required to do well in Touhou, due to the hitboxes?

• Not relevant here, given that simply touching a Dark Void is GG.
the immediate lasers are coming one at a time,

What?

• Yeah last time I checked, Goku didn't have to move when the gaps were only the size of his body. He never once had to dodge her balls, just her beams.
Darkrai being >>>>> her in every category (versatility, power, hax, intelligence, mobility, etc.)

How Darkrai compares to Kefla in terms of power is unimportant.

What 'versatility' does Darkrai's learnset provide him against the Grand Priest? The moves listed on his profile are just spheres, waves or moves that require the opponent to already be asleep. What exactly is making Darkrai so much more versatile of a fighter than Kefla?

• Are you kidding? Even Pikachu is more versatile than that energy spammer. Darkrai's basic moveset is more versatile.
Hax, fine.

Intelligence? How are you judging this? the most intelligent Darkrai to my memory is the cunning PMD Darkrai, whereas Kefla is a genius at martial arts. I don't see how Darkrai's feats of plotting is going to help in a direct 1v1 fight against someone like the Grand Priest.

• Kefla being a genius in martial arts is false as all getup. Kale was a nonfighter and Caulifla was a brute prior to being recruited. Both were prodigies but lol if they were geniuses. And even if she was a genius, the idea of her being smarter than the dude who outwitted knowledge itself is dumb.
Mobility? I can only see this being true when including his infinite speed and intangibility. Speed equalised, he only has intangibility over Kefla and I can't say I remember Darkrai going into gymnastics class or displaying any athletics before.

• You mean the teleporting, phasing, duplicating dude with illusions is less mobile than the flying chick.
and using the word of ROSHI, for her being capable of one-shotting him is silly at best

Roshi is the God of Martial Arts that is respected by Beerus the Destroyer, the ancient god with 65 million+ years of martial arts so I think he could probably tell the vital signs of his student, if Goku stops moving for even a second.

• Roshi hasn't been the god of martial arts in anything but name since the freaking Red Ribbon Saga, when Korin was introduced. Beerus has 65 million+ years of living, but most of that was sleeping. Not to mention that even then, Beerus respects Roshi for his martial skill and tenacity during the tournament, not for his analytical prowess.
Even if we disregarded his word, Goku ran out of steam immediately after defeating Kefla. So it's clear he was weakening from earlier in the fight.

• Goku runs out of steam every time he activates Ultra Instinct. He had to be saved by Frieza the first time and he freaking exploded the final time.

I'm done. This has turned into a bad meme.

I'm closing this because it's getting more heated.

I'm against this being added, too. The arguments presented for DB here are rather vague for the most part, like Kukui said. I haven't seen an instance where Grand Priest has an actual multiversal feat of sleep hax resistance or even mind hax resistance, or even have it stated in any sources of any form. I can't believe people are still trying to change the topic to call out the other side. I will agree that Darkrai probably doesn't resist most stuff from Grand Priest, but not much clarity has been given to prove why the latter resisted the former's abilities.

It doesn't really matter if GP resists the sleephax, because it needs to hit him first to affect him. Darkrai literally used Dark Void on an unavoidable form once, so claiming he'll use that one from the get to go is stupid.

Arguments for GP:

>UI and skills let him dodge Dark Void and has power to kill Darkrai.

Arguments for Darkrai:

>4D sleep hax.

>Counter argument:

Dark void wont hit.

>Counter-Counter argument:

Yes it will and GP's profile is bad.

Note: whoever believes that GP resists Dark Void has to rethink it twice.

I don't get what the problem is with GP's profile.

As stated above literally everything is either explained on why it scales or is inherited from his canon profile. DBH is the only Dragon Ball media where you can see GP in action. You can even find his gameplay on Youtube it's not that hard.

Yeah I don't believe Dark Void being resisted is the reason GP would take this anyways. All he has to do is dodge or get an attack off first before Dark Void. Heck his Probability Manip gives him the ability to increase the chances of his attacks connecting with Darkrai and logically can decrease the chances of Dark Void connecting.

Passive Probability Manipulation (The Grand Priests Miracle CI is constantly at the highest rating, making it so all his attacks have the highest probability of landing on his opponent and that his opponents abilities will always fail to land on him)

Unless GP has resisted 4D sleep hax then he is getting put to sleep by Dark Void Of course the argument is that he has UI which can dodge which is fair. I'm neutral for now

MagicCloud6 said:
Unless GP has resisted 4D sleep hax then he is getting put to sleep by Dark Void
Of course the argument is that he has UI which can dodge which is fair. I'm neutral for now
But GP could one shot before since Darkrai doesn't have EE resistance.

How is Dark Void going to hit when even Goku's UI has dodged harder things than Dark Void, GP should be even better than what Goku did.

Grand Priest cannot resist Dark Void, but he can just dodge it, so GP should take this handily since basically if he connects an attack Darkrai is going to be deader than disco.

The PRIMARY CANON version of Dark Void in the core games involves Darkrai creating a sphere, then throwing it in the ground, which it then sinks in, a black portal then appears beneath the opponent, they then are pulled into the portal leading to a separate dimension which causes them to fall asleep, they are then spat out of the dimension still asleep.

Literally in the time it takes for Darkrai to create a sphere GP has either shot a ki blast or is literally about to EE

The Calaca said:
Summary of this thread:
>This profile is bad.

>Welp, the other profile is also bad.

>How dare you saying it's bad? These are the only threads for the character.

>Well, these are for the other character.

Both sides denying each other like you're children.
I don't even know how to respond to that, though that's literally any match thread, tbf, particular that of DB and Pokemon, allegedly.

You're free to close it if you want if you really think all of us are like children. Sry if I myself looked that way to you. :/

What about the Ultra beast Worlds? The're definitely not a part of the Reflection Cave, so As infinitum + countless? And Dialga stabilises it with his Heartbeat

Ad infinitum + countless is still just ad infinitum and countless, both are practically the same thing before the eyes of the wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back