• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah, I'll create a thread about Darkrai to make the different profiles as soon as possible.

And it won't go anywhere like it hasn't the times before when it was made as thats not how the verse works.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
>Nothing new was brought up Only someone who ignores the majority of the thread thinks this.
>GP still has the majority by quite a margine

Through votes with skeptical reasonings. Thus, it's not being added yet.
Says you so meh, i'll take what i see over that.

The only 'skeptical reasonings' here are yours, thus, it get added because that's how it works, basicaly saying 'i don't accept it' isn't an argument or a way to stop a thread from being added once grace has ended.

Would be funny if i could just go on any thread and declare one side as having 'skeptical reasonings' and invalidate all their votes.

So who want to request it ? I think OP are the ones supposed to do it, right ?

"I dont accept it" isn't the argument from us at all, but okay. And sure, lets act like all the vague FRA excuses GP got are as blunt as Goku's fists. We called out the reasonings being fishy for multiple reasons, so you have to do a lot if ignoring to think they are sound reasonings to get this match added.

"I dont accept it" isn't the argument from us at all, but okay. And sure, lets act like all the vague FRA excuses GP got are as blunt as Goku's fists. We called out the reasonings being fishy for multiple reasons, so you have to do a lot if ignoring to think they are sound reasonings to get this match added.
Yes, your argument against it being added is 'we don't accept the votes that aren't on our side', that's litteraly what you are saying.

FRAs are valide votes, FRAing GP snapping his finger while dodging the first attack isn't vague, also if we ignore all the FRA, you're gonna lose more votes than the GP side TBH.

You made counter arguments multiple time and your counter arguments were rebuted multiple time so no, we don't have anything to ignore except a bunch of ad nauseum arguments from both side since the match has long ended, the fact that the thread is now about the validity of composite should tell you as much.

And even if we had, it's still better to ignore that than ignore everything else, like the votes and the arguments that actualy convinced people.

>FRAs are valide votes, FRAing GP snapping his finger while dodging the first attack isn't vague.

Ah yes, lets totally act like Cal didn't give his own reasonings to dismantle the snapping argument and is a 100% ironclad point. Or you know, that Cal literally didnt make a thread to dispute passive probaility manip.

>You made counter arguments multiple time and your counter arguments were rebuted multiple time

And I rebuted them right back. Your point?

>And even if we had, it's still better to ignore that than ignore everything else, like the votes and the arguments that actualy convinced people.

It doesn't matter how convincing something sounds to someone. If it gets rebuted, the new points need to be dealt with before votes become false votes and are added just because "why not?"

Never underestimate my power. You don't know what I'm capable of just because I don't mess with Pokémon as much as I'd like to.

The Calaca said:
Never underestimate my power. You don't know what I'm capable of just because I don't mess with Pokémon as much as I'd like to.
Of course not (and im being serious when I say this, not to be sarcastic or rude). Obviously nothings infallible here, but I seriously doubt that anything you bring up will be something that hasn't already been dealt with prior. Just saying.

So I don't think anyone is doubting GP's AP Advantage.

Nobody is doubting GP's ability to Snap stuff to EE/Do Damage either.

We know GP can sense another person's intent.

Exactly, what's stopping GP from Insta-Incapping Darkrai or straight up causing them to explode the moment they sense malicious intent?

We have Darkrai possibly starting off with non-dodgeable Sleep Balls

Against Grand Priest's Single Snap which insta-kills Darkrai.

>FRAs are valide votes, FRAing GP snapping his finger while dodging the first attack isn't vague.

Ah yes, lets totally act like Cal didn't give his own reasonings to dismantle the snapping argument and is a 100% ironclad point. Or you know, that Cal literally didnt make a thread to dispute passive probaility manip.

>You made counter arguments multiple time and your counter arguments were rebuted multiple time

And I rebuted them right back. Your point?

>And even if we had, it's still better to ignore that than ignore everything else, like the votes and the arguments that actualy convinced people.

It doesn't matter how convincing something sounds to someone. If it gets rebuted, the new points need to be dealt with before votes become false votes and are added just because "why not?"
reasoning that was addressed, didn't really debunk anything and didn't sway the votes, you liking it change nothing and Calaca made a thread to remove the composite, both are irrelevant to this thread that declared GP the winner

and your rebuttal were rebuted too and didn't convînce people, thus giving GP the win

You should follow your own advice here, it's not because you liked your own argument and Cal's argument that they are valid, both were rebutted and didn't give enough votes to Darkrai, GP has won and it just need to be requested.

Just to note, that same injured Space boi was passively eroding (or erasing) matter and space after sealing off a whole city in another dimension in the movie, where fears there are not actually complete outliers.

Everything12 said:
The PRIMARY CANON version of Dark Void in the core games involves Darkrai creating a sphere, then throwing it in the ground, which it then sinks in, a black portal then appears beneath the opponent, they then are pulled into the portal leading to a separate dimension which causes them to fall asleep, they are then spat out of the dimension still asleep.
It's a good thing that flight and teleportation exists.

For some reason, Grand Priest's page is unlocked. I'm pretty sure anyone that is Low 2-C or higher requires for their profile to be locked due to policy.

Can someone verify and lock his profile? I'd assume any admin (like Cal) could do so.

Darkrai has a feasible win condition, it's just that most times they fight the Grand Priest would be capable of dodging and teleporting away from its attacks, and his AP enables him to defeat Darkrai in two hits (I think).

If Darkrai lands a single Dark Void, and GP can't resist, then Darkrai wins via knocking GP out for one hour.

So while it's very unlikely for GP to be struck by a Dark Void, it's still possible for him to lose in some matches.

The issue is GP's passive probability manipulation, but I'm not sure on how this works. It's from an ability that GP has and requires a game mechanic to be used. From what I have read and seen regarding Miracle CIs though, it seems it requires characters to charge up (IDK how) the CI bar and Miracle CIs work when certain conditions are met.

So while his passive probability manipulation is extremely useful, I don't think he can just instantly use it. Meaning Darkrai has a wincon via Dark Void in an instance where GP fails to react (even with UI) and he is unable to proc his Miracle CI. However, GP failing to react is VERY unlikely, which is why he wins the match. He can dodge or react to every Dark Void and has access to Teleportation and Barriers for any that he can't dodge. We know Grand Priest uses barriers IC, considering he preferred to use barriers to block blasts during the ToP.

^blast that would do absolutely nothing to him so there is no reason for anyone to assume he would purposely try to tank a DV

But Darkrai's DV is useless because of GP's Miracle CI, it doesn't one shot either, if Darkrai uses Dark Void and GP throws a ki blast, GP wins, as Darkrai is Already dead.

Adem Warlock69 said:
But Darkrai's DV is useless because of GP's Miracle CI, it doesn't one shot either, if Darkrai uses Dark Void and GP throws a ki blast, GP wins, as Darkrai is Already dead.
As I just said, His Miracle CI takes time to charge. He can't use it at the very start of the match.

Speed is equalised, so GP's Ki Blast and Darkrai's Dark Void should be about the same speed, and Darkrai can feasibly dodge GP's Ki blasts unless GP is doing them pointblank or manipulating them.

Darkai has a valid win condition by landing a singular Dark Void, just as Grand Priest has a valid win condition by landing a single hit.

The issue is that this is a battle of accuracy and reflex, and Grand Priest is the master of accuracy and reflex due to his Ultra Instinct. He has more options for stopping Darkrai's Dark Void than Darkrai has options to stop Grand Priest and the Grand Priest's ability to teleport enables him to deal with 2x Speed Darkrai and dodge canon Dark Void (which spawns below the opponent).

It is feasible for Darkrai to put Grand Priest to sleep, just not nearly as likely as Grand Priest evading or blocking Dark Void and defeating Darkrai.

AwkguyDB said:
> Literally have several reasons explained why GP takes this without the use of Probability Manip
>Creates a whole thread on why GP should have his Probability Manip removed

28eb231dbae27b989000936aeb99dddfcc497200 hq
Why even bring up Probability Manipulation in the first place, if so?

If the solid proof is there (I'm assuming now), there'd be no need to bring up besides for brief mentioning of other options.

Because the probability manipulation is enough reason, by itself, for the Grand Priest to win.

Without the probability manipulation, we have many other reasons to believe him to win. It's just that we have to connect those reasons together to explain it. Passive probability manipulation is enough of an explanation by itself for why Grand Priest would win a OHKO to win match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back