• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The real cal howard said:
Why would GP let himself be hit by anything when we saw Whis dodging everything thrown at him by Broly who is less than an ant compared to him ?
Also Info analysis.
Info analysis only tells him that he has an attack called Dark Void. It doesn't tell him the flavor text. And Whis was only dodging. He wasn't throwing up barriers or nullifying ki blasts with his own. When has GP ever used barriers like 17 anyway?
It does though, that's the whole point of info analysis, when you use in DBH on like that one meteor attack, it does tell you it does X damage and **** up your stamina for exemple.

Why would Whis throw barrier and nullify attack when he can dodge them ? barriers were always used when A ; You can't be bothered to do anything or B : You can't or fail to dodge an attack.

Goku in UI did creat a barrier at the last second when he needed it and since he never did before, it's pretty obvious it was a result of using UI so acting like GP won't just do that in a way more effective manner instead of standing there doing nothing is nonsense.

Also he creat a barrier in the TOP to shield the Zenos IIRC.

Why would Darkrai even do it in the thought based way when most of the time he throws projectiles to use Dark Void? That's how Dark Void is mostly portrayed as, which shows that's how Darkrai uses it the most. And GP wins by doing basically anything.

And GP would have to tag the agile teleporting phasing ghost monster that space itself had a hard time tracking.

Because Darkrai is not an idiot to keep sending projectiles that he'd see would be likely missing their mark? Thats common sense.

If Darkrai wouldn't lead with thought based DV, he'd certaintly use it the second GP dodges to make sure he wouldnt fail to hit another time.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
>Info AnalysisWhich is also useless. It only tells you the name of the moves, not what they do or how they are applied. This was pointed out before.
> It's explained how it is used in battle literally in it's descriptio

And thats the problem. "Always miss". Thats the NLF in this case. It's as legit as any typical game mechanic with a move having perfect accuracy. Even then, obviously anything that says will "always do x or y" is vague that isn't to be taken literally.

>Grand Priest IS STRONGER THAN DARKRAI

Strength has nothing to do with being able to suddenly have all attacks miss when targeting you.

Also, now that I think about it, GP dodging (if he should actually do so) would just have Darkrai use the thought based dark void and make it a huge certainity, so im not even sure how dodging is an actual argument in the first place now.
It's not because someone 'pointed it out' that it's true.

That's not an NFL, that's how it's describe and how it works in the game and that's what's on the profile so that's what we use;

First, don't talk as if Darkrai had different dark void that he can switch out, he can't, different darkrai have shown different Dark Void with different capacity and weakness but never the capacity to just switch them around, second GP snapping his finger while dodging or under a barrier is way more likely than Darkrai doing something he has never been shown to do (aka switch between different type of dark void) and would happen before he does so anyway.

If Darkrai wouldn't lead with thought based DV, he'd certaintly use it the second GP dodges to make sure he wouldnt fail to hit another time.
Tell me one time Darkrai suddenly changed from projectile based DV to thought based DV mid-battle.

Ionliosite said:
Tell me one time Darkrai suddenly changed from projectile based DV to thought based DV mid-battle.
The only time he shows thought-based DV is in mystery dungeon. And against Palkia, whom he instantly put it under thought based dark void in their first encounter.

And before you counter with "why didnt he just use it against Palkia a second time", Darkrai got its ass beat by the combined might of Cresselia (it's equal), and the players who defeated Primal Dialga. Palkia then sneak attacks it out of nowhere and heavily damages him with Spatial Rend.

So it's not a matter of "switching". It's a matter of never having the chance to do so, which isn't the same thing.

And GP would have to tag the agile teleporting phasing ghost monster that space itself had a hard time tracking.
Given how his baby kid can toy with an agile self improving teleporting martial art master that time itself couldn't slow down and phasing couldn't avoid, it won't be as hard for him as you seem to think.

That way of describing stuff is so misleading you can make anything seem invincible, it's funny.

Whis never fought Hit. Not to mention Hit has weaknesses to his abilities and the angels outspeed him several times over.

Whis never fought Hit. Not to mention Hit has weaknesses to his abilities and the angels outspeed him several times over.
Goku did (that's who i was refering to) and won and yet Whis has shown to play with him like he is nothing so yeah, not as hard as you think.

We don't consider those as weakness of Hit's ability but as resistance for Goku, that's why Goku has time stop resistance.

Akreious said:
>While ignoring the game depiction, Manga depiction, and anime Depiction

Okay then.
Darkrai uses projectile DV, GP supposedly dodges them, Darkrai then uses thought based DV and hits him.

Thats not ignoring. Thats using common sense and using the alternative option when something else fails.

Funny how the PKMN supporters are ignoring the elephant in the room: Darkrai's contradictory incarnations make a composite absurd and hard to deal with.

Yeet Composites, this isn't a non-sentient species being composited but several different characters from different medias with different mindsets, moralities, powers and experiences.

Yet GP is the problem, lol.

Lol you are making this fight seem like it's turn based, ironic. By the time it takes for Darkrai to throw his DV to the ground or at GP, GP has a ki blast already on it's way.

Akreious said:
>While ignoring the game depiction, Manga depiction, and anime Depiction

Okay then.
Darkrai uses projectile DV, GP supposedly dodges them, Darkrai then uses thought based DV and hits him.
Thats not ignoring. Thats using common sense and using the alternative option when something else fails.
Darkrai uses projectile, GP dodge or barrier them and snap (pretty much in the same movement), Darkrai lose.

That's not using common sense, that's ignoring that GP won't stand there doing nothing and assuming that Darkrai will do something he was never shown to do even once, especialy since the fight would end before it even come to that.

AwkguyDB said:
Lol you are making this fight seem like it's turn based, ironic. By the time it takes for Darkrai to throw his DV to the ground or at GP, GP has a ki blast already on it's way.
It's not even turn based, it's acting like only Dakrai get to have turns.

Darkfire890 said:
Why can't GP dodge and attack at the same time?
Pokemon Logic

Darkrai: (desperately) Wait! My turn! My turn! My turn!

Grand Priest: Oh! (suddenly stops dead in his tracks)

Zeno: What-- GP, what are you doing?

Grand Priest: It's his turn, Lord Zeno. I have to wait for him.

Darkfire890 said:
Why can't GP dodge and attack at the same time?
This logic literally works against you as well.

And as for barriers, they aren't stopping thought based DV's either. So it doesn't change my point whatsoever.

>Assuming that Darkrai will do something he was never shown to do even once

Already countered this. He's never shown it because he was never given the chance to do that in the medium in which his thought based DV comes from. Not having a chance to do something =/= he won't do it. Ignoring the fact that it removes common sense entirely.

People normally specify whether the mindset is PMD or anime when it comes to Darkrai.
That's just curing the effects, not the illness. Darkrai shoyld be divided by its incarnations.

This is why Composites were deleted.

Something that I was one, heavily against and two, fought through thick and thin and succeeded for Pokémon due to how it's handled as a franchise.

The Calaca said:
That's just curing the effects, not the illness. Darkrai shoyld be divided by its incarnations.
This is why Composites were deleted.
Did you even read the thread about composites? It was explained numerous times by users, Sera included, on why Pokemon doesn't fall under it.

It's not a composite. "Composite" is the actual canon for the verse.

Pokemon as a franchise is handled in the 'it's another individual from the same species even if they are supposed legendary' way, i don't see why it justify a composite or giving everything to a single individual of said specie but whatever, Darkrai still lost since Grace has long ended and nothing new was brough up and GP still has the majority by quite a margine.

@Kukui don't blame me, you answered this when I was asking something completely different.

@Cal One, it doesn't matter. You can be against homicide being a crime yet you won't change the fact that it's a crime and you're not allowed to kill someone.

Two, it's fine for non-sentient species, but this is a composite Superman/Link/Godzilla all again.

So yeah, I'll create a thread about Darkrai to make the different profiles as soon as possible.

>Nothing new was brought up

Only someone who ignores the majority of the thread thinks this.

>GP still has the majority by quite a margine

Through votes with skeptical reasonings. Thus, it's not being added yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back