• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This is a minor thread overall, adding a small ability and a possible upgrade to several characters' regeneration. So hopefully it will be quickly open and shut.

Firstly, every vampire should have Surface Scaling, as they can walk up and down vertical walls, as shown here with Tubalcain casually walking up a wall.

Secondly, Mid Regeneration includes characters who've taken bullets in the head. Anderson was shown to regenerate from Alucard putting two Casull rounds in his head. So I wonder if Anderson, True Vampire Seras and base Alucard without any soul stock should have Mid Regeneration.

Last edited:
Looks good!

The scene where Anderson fails to regenerate from the damage the Jackal does to his arms also got me thinking. Even if the damage had just been too extensive, logically his regeneration should have still been attempting to heal the damage, like healing the smaller damage. There were strips of his flesh sticking off, and yet they didn't seem to be able to reattach to his arm either.

In addition, Alucard had trouble healing from Tubalcain's cards, which means regeneration negating power does exist. In regards to the Jackal, I don't think it has a power that will work in other verses. The manga has descriptions of the bullets from both the Casull and the Jackal. Both are blessed, both are silver, but the Jackal bullets are mercury tipped while the Casull rounds are not. Keep in mind the Jackal was specifically designed for beating Anderson. I suspect the verse's regeneration, or at least that of human regenerators, up to a certain point, is slowed down by mercury. This would help explain Anderson's regeneration being slowed down and weakened without having to limit his regeneration based on it or attach an ability to the Jackal.

Edit: Actually, being mercury tipped technically makes the bullets somewhat poisonous, which could be beneficial.

Last edited:
So far we have two knowledgeable members in agreement and another knowledgeable member expressing support through likes. Since this is a minor change, we can probably just get Crabwhale to look at it and if Crabwhale approves it we can do this. Although I would like to discuss the issue of the Jackal, it's a fairly minor point, which is why it isn't in the OP.

Yeah Mercury tipped rounds should definitely be some type of poison manipulation, you could also argue it negates regeneration since mercury poisoning can cause mass cell death, which would explain why it can slow down / negate regeneration.
That's what I was thinking. The silver rounds of the Casull already negatively impact the regeneration of vampires, but Anderson didn't share that weakness. It's unknown if vampires are affected by the mercury at all, given that was added specifically for dealing with Anderson.

And remember, Alucard with no soul stock had the Jackal explode in his hand and could still regenerate. That should definitely have gotten mercury into his blood and body, and yet he healed just fine and had no negative effects. I think resistance to poison follows from that too.

I am here.
Queer.png

And yes I did go through the trouble of making this just for this thread.

Yeah Mercury tipped rounds should definitely be some type of poison manipulation, you could also argue it negates regeneration since mercury poisoning can cause mass cell death, which would explain why it can slow down / negate regeneration.
I guess under the technical definition it would classify as limited Poison Manipulation (although the wording does jibble my gribbles in instances like this to no end). Nonetheless, should be fine to put on the profile.
That's what I was thinking. The silver rounds of the Casull already negatively impact the regeneration of vampires, but Anderson didn't share that weakness. It's unknown if vampires are affected by the mercury at all, given that was added specifically for dealing with Anderson.

And remember, Alucard with no soul stock had the Jackal explode in his hand and could still regenerate. That should definitely have gotten mercury into his blood and body, and yet he healed just fine and had no negative effects. I think resistance to poison follows from that too.
This is fine, as well.

Also the OP makes sense and is probably okay to apply immediately.

Last edited:
Should we add a weakness to base Anderson's profile about mercury slowing his healing, or is that redundant since mercury is a nasty poison?

I think that's more so the fact that mercury can destroy cells, halting biological regenerating on a certain level. Alucard should probably get Regeneration Negation & Limited Poison manipulation for his mercury rounds

Doesn't Alucard already have regen negation?
Via a different reason, different gun I believe. Current reason is just for Vampires that have a weakness towards holy things. This one is different since it works on biological regeneration in general.

Something else, Tubalcain's cards slowed down base Alucard's healing. Although it's possible they're edged with silver and perhaps made of metal. They're clearly not just playing cards.

Via a different reason, different gun I believe. Current reason is just for Vampires that have a weakness towards holy things. This one is different since it works on biological regeneration in general.
Mhm. I was moreso bringing it up in regards to making an addendum to the already listed power on his page.

Although many characters can regenerate even through poisons and the like, so it should probably specify that it's due to mercury tipped bullets.
Yeah, this is just basic policy.

What has been accepted here can probably be applied now.
Accepted:

Surface scaling for Alucard and the artificial vampires. Unknown if it is an ability common to all vampires, especially when the implication is that even the normal artificial vampires are superior to any other vampire Alucard had encountered prior to the start of the series. In addition it is an ability Millennium literally copied from Alucard.

Mid Regeneration for base Anderson, base Alucard and True Vampire Seras. Unknown if it scales to the Captain.

Minor poison manipulation for Alucard via the Jackal having bullets with mercury in them. This also finally explains the Jackal's ability to slow Anderson's regeneration.

Resistance to poison for base Alucard, which scales to True Vampire Seras, via the Jackal and its bullets exploding in his hand and him regenerating it just fine.

Still Under Deliberation:

How to list all this stuff.

How to put together a more detailed addendum of the verse's powers and nature. We should probably note in the verse page how this stuff all works since some of it isn't character-specific but verse-wide.

Last edited:
Still Under Deliberation:

How to list all this stuff.

How to put together a more detailed addendum of the verse's powers and nature. We should probably note in the verse page how this stuff all works since some of it isn't character-specific but verse-wide.
Ordinarily I'd recommend a physiology page, but at this point that might be overdoing it for a verse like this where multiple characters share abilities but not necessarily classification.

A blog might work though.

Actually just suggested a overall Monster Physiology blog to Random a few minutes ago. And since the verse is relatively small when it comes to the types of monsters I was thinking we could throw in the Werekin in said blog since they're distinctively different from Vampires and Vampires already have 2 seperate classes, incomplete and True Vampires like Alucard.

So one part of the blog could be explaining the powers and resistances of incomplete vampires & True Vampires and in another tabber do the same with the Werekin (Werewolf & Werecat respectively.)

Actually just suggested a overall Monster Physiology blog to Random a few minutes ago. And since the verse is relatively small when it comes to the types of monsters I was thinking we could throw in the Werekin in said blog since they're distinctively different from Vampires and Vampires already have 2 seperate classes, incomplete and True Vampires like Alucard.

So one part of the blog could be explaining the powers and resistances of incomplete vampires & True Vampires and in another tabber do the same with the Werekin (Werewolf & Werecat respectively.)
And a section for human regenerators, who are clearly different again, with different weaknesses* and strengths.

*if being poisoned by frigging mercury can really be called a weakness.

It's occurred to me just now, what about a section in some profiles detailing equipment? As in, describing the weapons individually? With such a small number of weapons it would seem redundant, but with those weapons being designed specifically to have special properties sometimes unique to them, it might be warranted for Alucard's page at least.

It's occurred to me just now, what about a section in some profiles detailing equipment? As in, describing the weapons individually? With such a small number of weapons it would seem redundant, but with those weapons being designed specifically to have special properties sometimes unique to them, it might be warranted for Alucard's page at least.
Forgot to mention, this sounds fine yes. Seras could get one as well.

Okay. Thank you very much for helping out. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Sorry for the delay. Crabwhale is doing the blog, should I or LordGinSama make the page changes, listing these abilities and such? And do we need images of the weapons for that section or can we just list the details of each weapon?

They're pretty prominently displayed in their introductions, so pictures shouldn't be a problem. I don't think renders are a priority.

Back